Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao why is Andor so good? The ending has to be a wet fart.

it will probably involve leia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

that's my guess too since they gave Mon Mothma a teenage daughter that would be the same age as Leia

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hot Karl Marx posted:

cgi leia, luke, han, and baby c3p0 and r2d2 along with baby yoda ride in at the last second and swing laser sword at big bad.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao why is Andor so good? The ending has to be a wet fart.

it's going to end good and it's gonna own

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

white guy with face tattoos. he was beloved by millions

thread title

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Xaris posted:

jesus christ. i love hollywood is incapable of telling war movies

lake changjin part two had a surprisingly bleak and farcical ending that still felt entirely sincere to the experience of patriotic soldiers really elevates it above part one in my opinion

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm fine with this if it turns out the person mon wants to recruit into the fledgling rebellion inner circle is Leia's adoptive father.

Edot: mandolaarioan should have recast Luke and the jedi stuff is undercut by the sequel movies blowing up Luke's jed and knowing all of them are dead.

Boba fett jumped the shark. If the show had been just about him working to get revenge for the tuskens and freeing tatooine from the crime lords it would have ruled.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 04:53 on Nov 6, 2022

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Watching Cabinet of Curiosities and it's amazing how often Rupert Grint gets dragged around by plants and betrayed by creepy rats that are actually people on film.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm fine with this if it turns out the person mon wants to recruit into the fledgling rebellion inner circle is Leia's adoptive father.

Edot: mandolaarioan should have recast Luke and the jedi stuff is undercut by the sequel movies blowing up Luke's jed and knowing all of them are dead.

Boba fett jumped the shark. If the show had been just about him working to get revenge for the tuskens and freeing tatooine from the crime lords it would have ruled.

what the Mandalorian show should do next season is bring in Ron Perlman to reprise the mandalorian role he played in the Knights of the Old Republic games

let him ride around on a basilisk assault droid

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Filthy Hans posted:

what the Mandalorian show should do next season is bring in Ron Perlman to reprise the mandalorian role he played in the Knights of the Old Republic games

let him ride around on a basilisk assault droid

What it should have done is start to be about Mando and Grogu rebuilding the madlorians and jedi.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Some Guy TT posted:

lake changjin part two had a surprisingly bleak and farcical ending that still felt entirely sincere to the experience of patriotic soldiers really elevates it above part one in my opinion

I haven't seen them yet but is wu jing good in them? I have loved him in everything I've seen so far

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

the guy who beats up shaq in the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny video

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Mantis42 posted:

the guy who beats up shaq in the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny video

what

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Mr Hootington posted:

What it should have done is start to be about Mando and Grogu rebuilding the madlorians and jedi.

Grogu had some choice words about mask mandates and election fraud, don't think he's gonna be rebuilding anything anytime soon

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

maruhkati posted:

processing this news the only way i truly know how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKIva2KddY
(Come on, hit it!)
Trump'd again, the whistle blows

Pay attention close, 'cause the story goes

It's like BOOM

Dunk after jam, jam after jam
Truthers are cheering

Dunk after dunk

dunk after dunk
(Come on, hit it!)

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Xaris posted:

cgi leia, luke, han, and baby c3p0 and r2d2 along with baby yoda ride in at the last second and swing laser sword at big bad.

finally a chance for young han...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

we can finally find out what he was named before he was named solo by a bureaucrat

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Grogu had some choice words about mask mandates and election fraud, don't think he's gonna be rebuilding anything anytime soon

I assume jokes, but I also want this to be real

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

we can finally find out what he was named before he was named solo by a bureaucrat

Han Skywalker.

Everyone important in Star Wars is a Skywalker.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

white guy with face tattoos. he was beloved by millions

heh

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Durf posted:

finally a chance for young han...

Young Han Solo met the Star Wars versions of Teddy Roosevelt, Mark Twain, Emelia Earhart, Al Capone etc.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

War and Pieces posted:

Young Han Solo met the Star Wars versions of Teddy Roosevelt, Mark Twain, Emelia Earhart, Al Capone etc.

I was gonna make a joke about Star Wars Forrest Gump but I realized that that's just Jar-Jar.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

cunk on earth is extremely good and it's on youtube and you should watch it

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/catatonicyouths/status/1589219746280771584

lol is this a real show or a madtv sketch??

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.

lmao the disrespect

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
that's just live ASMR

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Nix Panicus posted:

I assume jokes, but I also want this to be real

There's a reason he's not on the socials anymore (studio doing damage control)

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

absolutely legitimate behavior during a drum solo.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

watched fire walk with me last night, very depressing.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

RandolphCarter posted:

watched fire walk with me last night, very depressing.

Yeah definitely, I really liked it. It's a crime Sheryl Lee didn't get more work than she did

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

E: doublepost

StashAugustine has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Nov 6, 2022

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Xaris posted:

is this basically a modern Are you Afraid of the Dark?

cuz if so, that's cool

Kind of, its set in the mid 90s and each show has an individual story with a Mike Flanagan haunted house story wrapped around it. If you liked Hill House or Bly Manor you'll probably like this

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah definitely, I really liked it. It's a crime Sheryl Lee didn't get more work than she did

I was looking at contemporary reviews and saw this; "Laura Palmer, after all the talk, is not a very interesting or compelling character and long before the climax has become a tiresome teenager". gently caress you Todd McCarthy

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

RandolphCarter posted:

I was looking at contemporary reviews and saw this; "Laura Palmer, after all the talk, is not a very interesting or compelling character and long before the climax has become a tiresome teenager". gently caress you Todd McCarthy

yeah that gets me angry, just completely missing the point of the entire loving movie!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

StashAugustine posted:

Wasn’t she career-bombed by Weinstein, like Nancy Travis and Naomi Judd?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I know she has a sexy photo shoot with Deputy Andy

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

it gets very rapey tho

but maybe that's intentional idk

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

like worse than this one

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

TheSlutPit posted:

If you have the opportunity to see the new All Quiet on the Western Front remake in a theater I would recommend it. It’s not perfect, but it’s a very bleak movie that borrowed a lot from Come and See, though it diverges a bit from the novel and 1930 version. My only main issue is how they telegraph the rise of nazism pretty directly, like there’s a point during the armistice signing where the German guy basically says “uhhh idk seems like this could have some bad consequences” and then they later show the German general saying how good war is and how social democrats are cowards and should be killed. It was a bit weird in that it seemed to implicate Nazism as an inevitable consequence of war trauma and unfair treaties. There is probably a grain of historical truth to this but it feels like apologia coming from a german film that explicitly mirrors the style of another film portraying nazi atrocities in belarus

I just finished watching it and I got the same impression. The movie being very nice to Hindenburg and making him like possibly the only really sympathetic character in the movie? Giving no background to why the french officers acted the way they did. Also the random name drop of Bolshevism there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

andy is the sexiest character they ever did