Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

SirSamVimes posted:

Edgeworth is at his funniest when something breaks his composure and he is as flummoxed by the witness as Phoenix.

I agree

Omobono posted:

I think one of my favourite parts of AA is how Nick is such a gigantic snarky motherfucker in his internal narration.

I also agree.

Somehow I... Hmm. This game was the first real time I could get into an "anime-style" game before. I know I've talked on how exemplary the translation work is before and I think it really shines in the narration? Somehow, it was (I think more stuff from Japan has this type of translation now, and for the better) really unlike other stuff which had loads of '...' or the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I think it's partly just the genre shift. A lot of JP media to make it over in that period featured broody characters like Squall in FF8, which gave you a lot of "..." dialogue boxes. The closest you get to that here is Edgeworth, but in court it's his job to talk so you don't get much of those. Plus I think the animations can get across a silent reaction without wasting a dialogue box

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Tarezax posted:

I think it's partly just the genre shift. A lot of JP media to make it over in that period featured broody characters like Squall in FF8, which gave you a lot of "..." dialogue boxes. The closest you get to that here is Edgeworth, but in court it's his job to talk so you don't get much of those. Plus I think the animations can get across a silent reaction without wasting a dialogue box

Edgeworth does get some "..." dialogue boxes in court I think, but he's usually emoting pretty hard at the time so it works as a reaction shot.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Tarezax posted:

IIRC Squall's incessant "..." was actually somewhat increased in the localization. I know his "whatever" catchphrase was used in places its Japanese equivalent wasn't in the localization.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
...Whatever.

Squall also had a rich inner monologue all the times he thought he was being stone-faced. If anyone's thinking of replaying that game and hasn't done so, I recommend paying special attention to the contrast between Squall thinking his friends don't get him, and his friends totally getting him and giving him space or counting on him to have their back.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Staltran posted:

Edgeworth does get some "..." dialogue boxes in court I think, but he's usually emoting pretty hard at the time so it works as a reaction shot.

You know what - that's exactly the case. It's one thing when it's '...' and he's looking aloof, it's another when it's '...' and it looks like he's dying of stress.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Samovar posted:

You know what - that's exactly the case. It's one thing when it's '...' and he's looking aloof, it's another when it's '...' and it looks like he's dying of stress.

I would say it's more of an "I'm going to kill this man/woman/windbag" sort of look.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

FoolyCharged posted:

I would say it's more of an "I'm going to kill this man/woman/windbag" sort of look.
Yeah, that's definitely just him staring daggers at the witness.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
...!

DKII
Oct 21, 2010

Sorry, kids have been sick again so no update tonight, but feel free to continue with the "..." discussion. I was real tempted to just post "..." in this reply.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DKII posted:

Sorry, kids have been sick again so no update tonight, but feel free to continue with the "..." discussion. I was real tempted to just post "..." in this reply.

"..."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

DKII posted:

...?!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

". . ."

Dybael
Jul 11, 2017

DKII posted:

It can't be helped.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dybael posted:

It can't be helped.

Good grief.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dybael posted:

It can't be helped.
A certain "it can't be helped"?

I see.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
"...."

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
"...Whatever."

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

...!

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

These posts can only be the work of THAT person.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You mean...?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That guy...

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
This-!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SoundwaveAU posted:

These posts can only be the work of THAT person.

I'm told that "that person" is the translation of a particular sentence construct in Japanese that's hard to turn into English without being clunky-sounding, or rewriting entire sentences entirely.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Basically there's a collection of identifier prepositions/pronouns that take the prefixes ko-, so-, and a- to say stuff like "here" (koko), "there" (soko), and "way over there" (asoko). "That guy" would be rendered in Japanese as either "aitsu" or "ano hito", referring to some person not at the scene. The characters are understood to know who is being referred to from the context but this allows the writer to hide who exactly they are referring to from the reader, which probably exaggerates its prevalence in media.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 6, 2022

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Tarezax posted:

Basically there's a collection of identifier prepositions/pronouns that take the prefixes ko-, so-, and a- to say stuff like "here" (koko), "there" (soko), and "way over there" (asoko). "That guy" would be rendered in Japanese as either "aitsu" or "ano hito", referring to some person not at the scene. The characters are understood to know who is being referred to from the context but this allows the writer to hide who exactly they are referring to from the reader, which probably exaggerates its prevalence in media.

"It can't be!"

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

This is the right time and place to bring up naruhodo, right?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
As expected from DKII!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You bakas!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tarezax posted:

I've always wondered about this, so thanks!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

bless you

DKII
Oct 21, 2010

Part 50: Episode 3, Day 2, Investigation: Studio Revisit

Looks like we're back at home base. I've been thinking about what we learned last update, and for this phase of the investigation I'm on the lookout for two things:
  1. The director was at the run-through, and would've known about WP's injury, so could've faked it in the photo.
  2. Anyone who was hanging out at Studio Two could've wandered over to Studio One without getting caught by the camera.

We're only halfway done with the day, Phoenix.

Yeah, you tell him Maya!

Say, you think WP's got a chance?

The director and the producer...?

Yeah, them.

After the last trial, I'm expecting every killer to be the highest-ranked person we come across. So don't forget about the studio bigwigs!

All in due time.

Music: Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters Theme

Examining doesn't reveal anything new, so let's just talk to Maya, even though I'm pretty sure these are still going to just amount to "go to the studio dummy!"

What do you think we should do?

We gotta get the scoop on this director and producer.

Oh, right. Then there's no point hanging out here.

Sound: Whack

Hmm.

That's exactly the same thing you said yesterday!

Just admit it: you don't have a clue what happened.

Technically the last day of investigation was two days ago, but whatever. She probably said the same thing yesterday off-camera anyway.

Let's see if we can entice some new dialogue out of Maya today.

Hey, see this?

Yup!

Hey, you still have that! Great!

And its owner isn't missing it in his detention cell...

Poor old WP...

Our evidence list is the same as last update, though the order has been jumbled around for some reason. Guess we still need everything here...

Interesting, at some point the photo's description was updated. Looking back, this change happened when Oldbag testified about the injury.

You know, what if this really was Mr. Powers?

I seriously doubt it was that old windbag.

So Mr. Powers is... lying?

The spear's break-and-mend story hasn't really been relevant yet, either. That's sure to come up at some point. I'm still not convinced it's really the murder weapon...

I wish I had my own Samurai Spear!

Me!? Why me!?

Right, well, we're not really going to find anything new sitting around our office. Before we had back to the studio, however, let's go talk to our client again!

Music: Silence

Oh, Mr. Wright! Thank you for earlier!

Not at all. We got lucky, to tell the truth.

You can say that again!

Let's not.

So, WP!

Hmm...

S-sorry, but no.

We can't rely on getting lucky again tomorrow.

Y-yes... *sniff*

He's a fountain of information, our client.

Music: Detention Center - Jailer's Elegy

Maybe some direct questions will help here.

Do, er, "fanboys" sneak into the studios often?

No, not that I know of.

That security lady's pretty strict with them.

The kids really, really love the Steel Samurai.

They sneak past when she's not looking, I guess.

Still unhelpful.

Was the director present at the morning run-through?

Y-yes, yes he was.

Why didn't you tell us that before!?

W-well, just, the studio asked us to keep quiet...

That has nothing to do with this!

Dude you were arrested for the murder but you're still going to cover for your bosses? Sheesh.

Hey now. We're doing pretty well for ourselves!

Yeah, okay, that might be true.

I... I see. *sniff*

(Whose side is she on!?)

You aren't hiding anything else from us, are you!?

N-no, I sure hope not.

There are a couple things we never got to show our client, let's see what he says about them.

We found this cardkey in your dressing room.

Oh, that's mine, yes.
Sound: Light Bulb

Can people outside the studios get these cards?

I don't think so.

Even I have to return the card.

Huh...

Yeah, that's weird. I guess it narrows our suspect pool down to only people who were at the studio that day, since anyone else would have had to turn in their card and thus couldn't access Studio One?

Regarding this photograph...

Y-yes...?

This really, truly, absolutely isn't you, right?

R-right. *sniff*

But who else could have worn it!?

Your costume was in your dressing room?

Yes.

(But who!?)

Pretty brazen theft, too.

Regarding the murder weapon...

Yes?

Is it heavy, that spear?

It's pretty hefty, yeah.

Hmm...

So we're looking for a suspect that can fill out the costume, had access to the studio, and is strong enough to wield the spear and kill someone with it.

Oh yes, I goofed on a round kick, you see...

I broke the spear.

Sound: Realization

With duct tape. We heard.

And the duct tape apparently held through the attack on Hammer...

All right, let's get back to the studio.

No one's here.

Ha, the Oldbag is in for questioning. Wait, we just set up an innocent person. Ah well, I'm sure it will work out.

I guess they don't have anyone else to replace her...

H-hey! In the guard station! Look! She left her donuts!

They're probably stale, anyway.

I guess we can look around a bit more with no one standing in our way.

The main entrance to the studios.

They probably have a police officer on patrol out there.

Probably? You didn't see them when you went in?

The computer that runs the studio security cameras.

Huh? It looks like it's been turned off for the day.

Going to Studio Two would probably advance the plot, so let's go everywhere else first.

Hey!

Music: Investigation - Opening

I honestly wasn't sure we'd ever see her again.

I heard about the trial! Great job, guys!

Oh? Oh hoh hoh. Don't mention it.

Oh! Oh... oh hoh hoh!

Phoenix are you having a stroke? He didn't have this reaction the last time Penny showed up.

Actually, she just called me.

It does look roughly patched-up, now...

You mean that one?

(Wow, what a mess...)

I... I know...

Yeah, but you do work on the props, and the back-drops, right?

R-right.

...This studio is so weird.

You're right! I won't!

(Personally, I think she should worry at least a little bit more...)

I'm supposed to fill in for Ms. Oldbag.

Right! See you later, then!

Good luck with your investigation.

I guess we'll find Penny back at the main gate if we want to talk to her. More importantly we've had this interesting change to the open drain - it's been covered up! A change to a static background! I really wasn't expecting something like that.

Yeah, we're going to poke at it!

He came in through that drain?

So it seems. I guess they covered it up in a hurry.

Hey... Hey, Nick!

Maya's got her mischievous face on again.

Uh, yeah. I think that was the idea...?

I feel kinda sorry for him, though. Don't you?

What, you want to rip the grate off?

You bet we're ripping it open!

Well, I guess some things are just made to be broken.

(Sometimes...?)

Sound: Stab 2

And just like that, the drain is open again!

There. That should make the kids happy.

The things we do...

quote:

What if we left it alone, then?

Nah, I think we should leave it on. They only just repaired it.

And if we take it off, that assistant will get yelled at by you-know-who.

Yeah... I guess so.

(Wow! I didn't expect her to take it that hard...)

And the makeshift drain cover stays on! I guess we can probably just take it off later if needed...

Let's look at this thing again...

The drain gate is off.

And I know who did it.

Doesn't it make you feel great to do a good deed like that?

(Must be nice to live so free of guilt.)

No option to block it back up, so I guess we're stuck with an open drain again.

Not much else new to see, so let's poke around the dressing room again?

The door to the dressing room. It's not locked.

H-hey! We're not thieves!

But we did take that cardkey...

W-we borrowed that! There's a difference.

Anyway, let's head inside.

That's what Mr. Powers says, at least.

I guess they snuck in and took it while he was sleeping.

I wonder what the killer was planning on doing then?

Huh... (She's got a point!)

I'm re-iterating my "he was drugged at lunch" theory. This whole plot seems too carefully arranged to just hope that Mr. Powers won't notice the killer sneaking into his dressing room to take the costume.

Well, let's look around again. I don't see anything suspicious that the killer might have left behind, so let's see if there's anything else useful in this bag?

Mr. Powers's bag. I wonder what's inside?

Hey!

Supermarket tabloids? Wow. I'm kind of shocked.

Phoenix rarely gets to goof off during investigations, so that scene was a nice break.

Were these snacks drugged maybe?

Some tea and cookies...

Wait... Nick!

W-what now?

So, not drugged, just slightly stale?

...Then don't eat them.

Such a waste of good snacks!

Only minor and uninteresting variations in dialogue for examining anything else, so let's head back to the main gate to talk to Penny.

Ho hoh! You look a little out of place.

It's the clothes, isn't it?

I thought my camo vest might do the trick...

quote:

Penny actually won't show up at the Main Gate until her repair work is undone on the drain in the employee area. Must be a plot flag in her appearance here somewhere!

This update has been dragging on and we're still ridiculously short on new information, give us something good!

So, how are the studios doing?

They won't even let me clean up. Don't want me "disturbing evidence."

Yay for static backdrops! (Other than that temporary drain blockage...)

You mean those plates with the steak bones left over on them in the employee area?

Yeah. Can you believe it?

Do kids sneak in here a lot?

Well...

Maybe Oldbag just can't tell the whippersnappers apart and thinks it's a different kid each time?

He's always gawking at the sets, or snapping pictures.

You should see Old Windbag's eyes flash when she sees him.

She has a bit of trouble catching him, though...

We're really here for the director, give us the goods!

I heard something at the trial today.

Oh, sorry...

I was in the prop storage room, so I didn't see them.

I guess they were here, though.

Penny you are the worst witness.

So they were trying to protect the director?

More the producer, really.

The producer's our real star here.

I don't think we'd still be in business if it weren't for that producer!

Okay, that kind of explains everyone casually lying to the police, if they really liked that producer?

We do get some reactions to our evidence this time at least.

Wow, they gave a lawyer one of those cardkeys?

Well, I'm sort of borrowing it.

I see.

You better be careful not to lose that.

They're very strict about those cardkeys here.

Thanks, I'll be careful.

More reinforcing that our suspect pool is pretty much limited to who we can prove was known to be here on the day of the murder, since no one else would have had a cardkey.

Could you take a look at this?

That's Mr. Powers.

Why is he dragging his leg like that?

What is this, anyway?

Uh... Never mind.

Worst witness.

You mean the Samurai Spear?

Yeah, it's a prop, but it's still pretty heavy.

I hate having to carry that thing around.

(Why is Mr. Powers the only person I can think of!?)

Our badge and other evidence have no effect...

Umm... Not really sure what that is. Sorry.

quote:

I missed one minor dialogue update for examining the guard shack...

The security guard station.

I can see the computer that runs the security cameras.

Oh, please don't touch anything in there.

The security lady would knock the stuffing out of me if she knew.

Let's continue revisiting everywhere we've already been, shall we?

Hey, Nick.

It looks like Detective Gumshoe isn't here today.

You're right.

Poor Gumshoe.

So, Nick...

It was down that path with the fallen tree, right?

Yeah, I think that's what they said.

I hope so, or we're at a rather quick dead end here.

Now's our chance, Nick! Let's check it out!

Let's look around again first. I still expect this busted statue and fallen tree to come into play at some point.

The studio mascot.

Apparently it's a monkey of some kind.

I've never seen a monkey with a nose like that before!

Maybe we should ask that assistant?

I'm not sure we really want her fixing anything.

And you'd probably need a crane to move that thing.

Probably so.

What kind of heavy impact occurred here...

In the trial, they said Studio Two was down this path.

This monkey head is real heavy!

Well, it did knock that tree over when it fell.

Yeah, that's what Detective Gumshoe said.

Still suspicious...

I'm bushed. Maybe I'll sit down here for a bit.

This is exactly why I don't want to get old, ever.

H-hey! I'm still young! I'm just tired!

(But... but I AM still young!)

Oof, Maya with the sick burns today.

That's the security camera that automatically takes pictures of people here.

One of them was the Steel Samurai. The other was a grade school boy.

It doesn't seem to be switched on today.

I guess we're not leaving open the possibility of additional missing/deleted pictures then.

It says "Welcome."

Nick! Let's come here some day! Whaddya say?

Sure, if that security lady lets us in.

Let's go to that hotel and see the bellboy again while we're at it.

We're able to travel down the path to Studio Two now, but we have one last revisit to complete first.

I... don't really want to be in here.

Yeah... It is a murder scene.

I want to go someplace else. Nick?

(*sigh*...)

Not really anything new here, but let's look around anyway.

Wow, look at that camera! That must cost a ton!

Yeah! So don't touch it!

S-stop that!

With that, we're finally ready to head into Studio Two... next time!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So you returned with an update just as the stupid quotes based on typical shorthand translations of Japanese idioms came to an end.

All according to plan (plan means keikaku).

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Not the first game I’ve seen where vandalism is necessary for plot advancement. We probably need the grate open to talk to the fanboy too.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Samovar posted:

So you returned with an update just as the stupid quotes based on typical shorthand translations of Japanese idioms came to an end.

All according to plan (plan means keikaku).

It can't be!

Surely the producer and director are upstanding people that had nothing to do with the murder and pleaded not to get involved so as to not muddy the investigation with irrelevant info.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005
Clearly a red herring thrown out by the Oldbag to get more coaching lessons from Edgeworth prior to her last day in court as a free woman

DKII
Oct 21, 2010

Part 51: Episode 3, Day 2, Investigation: Vomit-Inducing Bacteria

Finally! Studio Two! Looks like...kind of a dump, actually.

(This place is deserted...)

Sound: Damage 1

Eek!

Music: Suspense

Another location where we can slide our view over, this time to see a trailer that looks more like a cabin.

Someone must be inside...

H-Hello?

No answer.

Let's go in!

I'm not sure we should be barging in...

What? Don't we have a key?

Then what are we waiting for? Let's borrow it.

(If they'll let us...)

Hmm, I bet we could convince Penny to let us borrow it. And at least Maya didn't say "steal"?

quote:

We actually get a different scene if we go here before going to the employee area...

This... is Studio Two?

I thought so...

It doesn't really look much like a "studio," does it?

No, that it does not.

Hey... There's a trailer over there.

It looks pretty sturdy for a movie set trailer.

Are we sure this is a studio?

We only get the "crash" if we've undone Penny's repair of the drain in the employee area, actually.

I mean, obviously we're going to look around first.

On closer inspection, this trailer looks like it's been here for a while.

I don't think this is part of some temporary film set.

They already said the door was locked, maybe we can get some more info about it though?

The trailer door. It's locked.

The key is probably in the security guard station.

I doubt they'd let us borrow it.

quote:

If we haven't heard the crash yet, we don't know the door is locked, so examining the door gives us some different lines:

Nick! Let's go inside!

You think it's okay...?

Oh well. It's locked.

Aww... shucks.

Continuing our tour of the area...

There're some flowers here.

Don't get to close. That fence looks dangerous.

Unusual typo there.

These look like materials for making a movie set.

This might as well be a junkyard.

More lunch remains?

Looks like two people ate here.

There's nothing left on the plates.

What is it with steaks around here?

Hey! There's always room for steak!

What?

I... don't know. It just feels "odd."

Hmm. Compare the image of the table here with the one in the employee area. Here, we have silverware left behind, but no bones. In the employee area, there are bones but no silverware. Curious...

An incinerator. Apparently they just put this one in.

It's already covered in soot. They must not clean it much.

Well that's not suspicious at all. Anyone could have destroyed all kinds of evidence in there. Maybe that's where the Steel Samurai costume ended up? Though my money's on it being inside the trailer here, if we can ever get in there.

A light van for moving staff and equipment around.

Well, let's go for a drive!

Sure... if I had a license.

Wait, so how are they running around town during these investigations then? Is Maya driving? Prodigious taxi usage?

Why are you showing me your attorney's badge, Nick?

Oh, Phoenix...

There's a big "2" painted here.

Probably... Though it doesn't look anything like a studio.

Well, Studio Two was a bust, so we head back to the main gate to try and get a key for that trailer. Penny doesn't actually have anything new to talk about, though.

Maybe we can look around ourselves?

The security guard station.

I can see the computer that runs the security cameras.

Oh, please don't touch anything in there.

Do we care? I don't think we care.

(I really want the key to that trailer...)

(Maybe next time...)

We appear to have hit a dead end. Time for the tried-and-true adventure tactic of "go everywhere you've already been to see if anything has changed!"

A quick stop at the detention center and our office turned up nothing new, so let's run around the studio some more...

Sound: Drama Pound

...Looks like we've interrupted the fanboy rummaging through Will's trailer?

Music: The Steel Samurai

He's bigger than I thought... Did he really fit through that drain?

Wait, you first! Who are you!?

How can j00 not know the great Sal Manella!?

Hold on, I'm going to need a minute to get over that awful name pun (salmonella). Is this dude going to make me sick?

Sound: Damage 2

Oh, no, is this guy the director!?

Sound: Guilty

Come to think of it, though, this guy could fill out that Steel Samurai costume...

W-what is it?

You know, on closer inspection...

Ugh, yup, definitely designed to make me throw up. Well played, game.

Hey, do j00 do a lot of "cosplay," coz that costume r0x0rz!... *drool*

Huh? Mmph! LOL! Buffer overrun! *pant*

Sound: Drama Pound

Yes... yes, it's coming to me! "Pink Princess"!
Sound: Super Shock

Music: The Steel Samurai

Sound: Pong

Sound: Pong

ROFL... LMAO!

Why can't it have a cool name, like "Neo Olde Tokyo"!?

Maya, we really need to talk about "cool"...

Well. I guess we'll, ah, look around again first?

quote:

Getting the director to show up here doesn't actually require visiting Studio Two at all. You just need to rip off Penny's repair of the drain, then talk to Penny at the main gate and ask her about the director.

Something new here...

There's a bunch of snacks on the table. They must give these to the employees.

W-what now?

Ah. I, uh, I ate them.

Well, I guess that rules out the snacks being drugged. Unless this dude passes out soon.

I know, I know, we should have just let you eat them.

Old Sal doesn't have much to talk about, but let's see what we can find out here.

Did you notice anything unusual on the day of the murder?

Guess someone isn't getting her bonus.

That's right.

It was a pretty regular day. We had a run-through for an action scene in the morning.

Then a meeting from lunchtime in the Studio Two trailer.

No, I don't know how he can emote in a spoken conversation.

A t-bone steak, was it?

Hey, weren't the plates at Studio Two empty? So where did his steak go?

No idea...

With the producer, and some bigwigs from the network.

(Mr. Hammer's time of death was estimated at 2:30 PM.)

Him and everyone else we're trying to investigate today! So either someone's lying, or they're all in on it together!

Let's get some more information on our other suspects.

About the producer who was at the meeting with you...

Oh, you mean Dee Vasquez?

She brought these studios back from the brink of destruction.

You had a meeting with her on the day of the murder, right?

Well, at least we got a name for the producer.

Some more specifics on these "bigwigs" would be nice.

Who exactly are these "bigwigs" people keep mentioning?

That's a lot bigger suspect pool than I was expecting.

They piled into a limousine and got here right around noon.

Major tension! *sweats*

Were all of them with you the entire time?

Yeah, unfortunately.

(Hmm... sounds like they'd all be reliable witnessess.)

Awfully large group for a conspiracy, too. We're going to have to crack something open here.

While thinking about what evidence to present this guy, I grab a shot of his profile in the court record.

Anyway, the only thing the director here will react to is the photo...

T-this is WP, right?

How do you know?

(Oh, right. The director would know about the injury; he was there.)

There's the second piece of information we were looking for - the director could have faked the injury in the photo, and he also looks like he'd fill out that costume. Prime suspect material right here.

Our badge and everything else we have just gets a more lively "don't care" reaction:

Yuck, let's get out of here.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
A creepy, gross sex pest? In charge of a film studio? Who could have seen this coming???

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DKII posted:

Wait, so how are they running around town during these investigations then? Is Maya driving? Prodigious taxi usage?

In the anime, Phoenix makes do with a bicycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

Edit: don't mind me thought I spotted a misattributed portrait, but I just misremembered the game.

Not blind, so I can't really contribute anything to the discussion.

Good luck! You'll need it.

MayOrMayNotBeACat fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 12, 2022