Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
so we're just posing good song with weird videos
good song with the weirdest thing I have seen in years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKLvYGqaC0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

rafikki posted:

I only use Twitter for following various infosec people to keep up with the industry. Looks like some of them are trying out mastodon and mentioned https://infosec.exchange so I registered there this morning without any issue. I have no idea what the pros and cons are of registering on particular servers are but I have a feed of a few people to scroll through now /shrug

Any suggestions for good follows there? I can't see people or their content without signing up and I'm already signed up elsewhere. Would like some good infosec feeds.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Are they asking people to come back to their jobs ON A SATURDAY?!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

greazeball posted:

Are they asking people to come back to their jobs ON A SATURDAY?!

for sure. do it
no one loves you more than twitter

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

worm girl posted:

I am loving sick of people poo poo talking ketchup and iceberg lettuce. They are perfectly good for what they are and a hot dog with ketchup on it is completely decent. Is it the best way to go? No, but sometimes you want simple food. You goddamn people are the reason that all the beer tastes like Pine Sol now. Coffee costs twenty dollars and there's kale EVERYWHERE.

I replace iceberg lettuce with chopped china (napa) cabbage, works great everywhere iceberg does IMO.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Cabbage has that bitter brassica taste. I like it, sure, and romaine's great, but iceberg is juicy, sweet, and has a really crisp crunch that is unbeatable on a burger.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

teen witch posted:

If I can do it, so can the richest butthole on top of poo poo mountain

Haha

The richest butthole on poo poo mountain

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
sneak preview of monday's update!

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

MikeJF posted:

$8 charge to replace the plat icon with

no other effects

Holy poo poo, are you telling me the grenade icon means plat?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
18 months from now, Netflix is going to have a 3 season comedy on what happens at your social media company when the richest man in the world buys it.

Hijinks, insure.

In the last episode (never filmed, because it gets cancelled beforehand) , his last words are ...8 dollars a month. Rosebud.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

crusty posted:

Y

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

worm girl posted:

Cabbage has that bitter brassica taste. I like it, sure, and romaine's great, but iceberg is juicy, sweet, and has a really crisp crunch that is unbeatable on a burger.
I'm not really a fan of ketchup/mayonnaise/etc so iceberg adds a nice chunk of moisture per bite without making the bread itself damp

e: for $8 a month

Splicer fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Nov 6, 2022

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

If you dont like ketchup that's cool but the people who rail against it like it's some sort of culinary sin are terrible.

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
I really ought to RTFM

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

crusty posted:

There's even a tooltip if you hover over it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

free hubcaps posted:

If you dont like ketchup that's cool but the people who rail against it like it's some sort of culinary sin are terrible.
Oh that post was pro-iceberg not anti-ketchup

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Splicer posted:

Oh that post was pro-iceberg not anti-ketchup

Ya sorry I wasn't specifically responding to you, just the general derail teen witch started with her condescendingly casual association of eating ketchup with being an elon (for $8 a month).

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Robo Reagan posted:

While there are some classical fanbois and classical haters of the variety you described, in regards to Elon, just as there are with other super-famous people, I think in Elon's case, there is also a whole separate aspect in addition to just that alone.

And that is, what I would refer to as "the proxy war".

Much like the Vietnam war was more than merely a war between North Vietnam and South Vietnam, and was also a proxy war between The U.S./West (capitalism, freedom, democracy) vs USSR (Marxism, oppression, totalitarianism, torture chambers, gulags, etc), with Vietnam serving as the proxy point of battle to see if we could stop the spread of the Marxists as they clearly wanted to keep expanding, if we didn't get in their way, and eventually try to conquer the whole world.

In a similar way, that's what is going on with the pro-Elon vs anti-Elon thing.

A large chunk of the anti-Elon crowd don't even know or care much about Elon himself. He just functions as a figurehead or symbol of sorts, to them, as they are by and large, leftists, Marxists, etc, who hate capitalism, billionaires, and so on, indiscriminately. So, since he happens to be the richest and most famous of all the billionaires right now, he's badguy #1 in their eyes, regardless of what good things he is doing, or any of that stuff.

And on the flip side, you have the counter-proxyists fighting against those proxy-fighters from the opposing side, as well.

Now, all of that probably sounds pretty exotic and wild and ridiculous and so on, if you haven't been paying close attention. But, it's actually not. I think I'm actually correct about this dynamic genuinely being there, and being a large chunk of what's going on with all of this.

Do you watch Rick and Morty too?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If you rearrange the keys in his name you get Elon Suk

m

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

Ya sorry I wasn't specifically responding to you, just the general derail teen witch started with her condescendingly casual association of eating ketchup with being an elon (for $8 a month).

Hell yeah ketchup on hotdogs is the Musk staple dish

Wet boiled hotdogs with Hunts ketchup

Prove me wrong

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Why do half of the discussions here devolve into food chat

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Why do half of the discussions here evolve into food chat

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Why do half of the discussions here devolve into food chat

Jelly?

E: Ok ffffiiinneeeeee, we can talk about Musk again

teen witch fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Nov 6, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

It's not my jam but I can see how nuts people get when there's no new info to talk about

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

teen witch posted:

Elon uses A-1 on his steak

E: he also only used iceberg lettuce for salads, the concept of the ethnic “arugula” frightens him

Arugula is called rocket in most English-speaking countries so he's probably down with it for that reason alone.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's not my jam but I can see how nuts people get when there's no new info to talk about

I know, egg on my face for spicing things up a bit

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

teen witch posted:

I know, egg on my face for spicing things up a bit

Lemme noodle on this one, because the farther I go the more saucy it'll become

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

crusty posted:

Any suggestions for good follows there? I can't see people or their content without signing up and I'm already signed up elsewhere. Would like some good infosec feeds.
Not seeing a ton of activity yet but Kevin Beaumont is solely posting on mastodon for a week and Leslie Carhart is posting a bit but she seems to plan to stay on Twitter for a bit. Kevin is “reblogging” a fair bit from other people so I’ll be checking them out to see if it’s anyone I want to follow.

@gossithedog@infosec.social
@hacks4pancakes@infosec.social

Don’t think you need that second @ if you register on that server.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Please check your spam folder for the "you're rehired" email

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

kazil posted:

Please check your spam folder for the "you're rehired" email

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If a company fires you and gives you severance, so you lose that severance if the same company contracts with you as a consultant?

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

rafikki posted:

Not seeing a ton of activity yet but Kevin Beaumont is solely posting on mastodon for a week and Leslie Carhart is posting a bit but she seems to plan to stay on Twitter for a bit. Kevin is “reblogging” a fair bit from other people so I’ll be checking them out to see if it’s anyone I want to follow.

@gossithedog@infosec.socialexchange
@hacks4pancakes@infosec.socialexchange

Don’t think you need that second @ if you register on that server.

Thanks!
For others searching, made a correction above.

Looks like you can search by the first part only and don't have to include the server, even when searching from a different server. Thought I'd tried that earlier and didn't work, but then I also just found out what the grenade icon means next to usernames, so probably a me problem

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

What I’ve heard is that these people are still technically employed for two months (to meet the WARN act requirement) and then get a month of severance.

So getting asked to come back into the office is kind of a dilemma. If you say no, I assume they can just fire you with no severance.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

smackfu posted:

What I’ve heard is that these people are still technically employed for two months (to meet the WARN act requirement) and then get a month of severance.

So getting asked to come back into the office is kind of a dilemma. If you say no, I assume they can just fire you with no severance.

They have had their access to email, tools, etc locked out. They aren't still "technically" working.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

smackfu posted:

There's no way that stands up in court.

On Friday, you inform an employee in writing they're laid off with 3 months severance.

On Monday, you inform them they're back on the job, and if they refuse, they're fired without severance.

I'm no lawyer, but there's no way that flies.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
They should immediately unionize, Elon loves that

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Elon Musk is JeffK grown up

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Steadiman posted:

They should immediately unionize, Elon loves that

They're also in California, which is the second best thing to being unionized.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

There's no way that stands up in court.

On Friday, you inform an employee in writing they're laid off with 3 months severance.

On Monday, you inform them they're back on the job, and if they refuse, they're fired without severance.

I'm no lawyer, but there's no way that flies.

The amount of employment rights-related lawsuits Elon's managed to generate in a week is quite astonishing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

good song with the weirdest thing I have seen in years

Turn off your monitor.

But seriously, all, has there been any more news about Musky's penis yet?