Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Borsche69 posted:

none of that matters. you're trying to say oregon should be in. they shouldn't. they rot like hot garbage. they suck straight up real style. put maryland in over oregon, at least that'll be funny. you can watch a team be a total mess from start to finish instead of this pathetic mewling trash team that loses in the most boring way to fuckin georgia or godforbid something that lets michigan dick their way by total accident into the national championship (where they will get emasculated by whatever warm body they play)

Watching Oregon lose to Georgia by 48 points again while Bo Nix does increasing dumb weird poo poo would be extremely funny. I don’t really give a poo poo who fills the spot, but it shouldn’t be Tennessee (division losers) or Clemson (trash team, weak schedule) so there aren’t a whole lot of options but whatever put in Tulane if they win out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roasted Donut posted:

i've seen bo nix get loving blasted by sec and big 10 teams more than enough over the last few years i don't need to see it again

he needs a drat stage hook to pull this mf off my tv screen

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State picked a good week to look like poo poo against an awful team but ultimately win, I guess

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

put in Tulane if they win out.

:hellyeah:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Watching Oregon lose to Georgia by 48 points again while Bo Nix does increasing dumb weird poo poo would be extremely funny.

no, it wouldn't, i already loving saw that. when you tell a joke, you dont say it again, you go to the next one.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

no, it wouldn't, i already loving saw that. when you tell a joke, you dont say it again, you go to the next one.

What if it's a joke about diminishing returns

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Declan MacManus posted:

kansas and duke are bowl eligible and texas a&m has to win out or it won't be

lol. lmao

Rice needs 1 more win for bowl eligibility and they have WKU, Texas State, and UTSA left.

It’s not only possible but likely that A&M misses a bowl the same year Rice makes one. That feels like a kind of “Happened all the time before WW2 and never since” thing.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

whos that broooown posted:

What if it's a joke about diminishing returns

those don't have a lot of staying power

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

miami has to beat two of three of pitt, georgia tech, and a pissed off clemson to make a bowl

georgia tech has as many wins as texas a&m incidentally

i love college football

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Declan MacManus posted:

miami has to beat two of three of pitt, georgia tech, and a pissed off clemson to make a bowl

georgia tech has as many wins as texas a&m incidentally

i love college football

The Aggie “can you win more games than the average star rating of your recruiting class” challenge.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Rice needs 1 more win for bowl eligibility and they have WKU, Texas State, and UTSA left.

It’s not only possible but likely that A&M misses a bowl the same year Rice makes one. That feels like a kind of “Happened all the time before WW2 and never since” thing.

Let's see, UTSA is already eligible. Tech will need to win 2 of last 3 (Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa State. I think they can do it.) Houston needs 1 with East Carolina, Temple and Tulsa left. SMU needs 1 with Tulsa, Tulane (fat chance), and Memphis left.

Unfortunately, UTEP needs to win out with UTSA and FIU remaining, so they probably won't make it.

But we were real close to all the FBS Texas teams being bowl eligible except the Aggies.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

whoa, South Alabama is 7-2

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I can't help but wonder if this season marks the end of the Saban dynasty years at Bama.

Between last season and this season the team felt like instead of having one or two close shaves per season that it was often flirting with disaster and their luck was bound to run out, and it ran out tonight.

I don't know how much of it could be put onto the OC (which would be fixable), onto Nick losing his edge (not so fixable) or maybe this team just isn't as strong in the trenches as some of the recent championship teams.

It's weird rooting for a dynasty that expects to make the playoff every year but it just feels that despite having a lot of really good parts this team just didn't have the ability to oppose its will on opponents like some of the teams in the recent past.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bama was the most unanimous preseason #1 since 2005 USC, right? Yeesh

Ghosts!
Jan 6, 2004
I really thought UGA might get burned by Tennessee, but wow the Dawgs shut them down. I wonder how the rain affected that game in the second half, either way.

Also, Brian Kelly is a bad man, but apparently has high density balls.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is Michigan a terrible first half team or an amazing second half team?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Saw the last few minutes of Clanga-Auburn.

Cadillac might can surprise somebody if he reestablishes the rushing game. Bigsby actually was a factor. Ashford did a lot with his legs . But the problem is that Ashford is poop from a butt passing and if they get behind the sticks, all that newfound energy isn't going to help.

Mississippi State worries me a bit. Their offense looks horrible, but it's Leach. Leach can sometimes unlock dark magic and he doesn't care who he has to sacrifice to get it. It won't be a conentional game.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

C-Euro posted:

0-0 halftime score in the game, calling it now.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Good fit, Brian Kelly is not a super recruiter but LSU has a built-in recruiting floor and Kelly is great at the real parts of coaching.

Nice to have more than the same 3.5 good teams.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

C-Euro posted:

Yes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Lol.

what happened between tOSU and Northwestern?

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1588914997144752129?s=46&t=z7OM-Jq1Sp7obJFG9gUNBw

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Dabo did quit after all

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE
Hey y’all gently caress a vol go dawgs

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I hate this so much.

Well done.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
It is entirely possible that A&M's bowl eligibility AND alabama's playoff hopes are going to come down to the same TAMU/LSU game

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Borsche69 posted:

Wouldn’t putting Tennessee in also be telling the same joke twice

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The game is going to be a play-in to be executed by uga. One way or another both teams will lose.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

John McClane posted:

alabama's playoff hopes

:cheerdoge:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Declan MacManus posted:

kansas and duke are bowl eligible and texas a&m has to win out or it won't be

lol. lmao

Duke hiring away apparently the only good coach at A&M owns

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Wouldn’t putting Tennessee in also be telling the same joke twice

Well it worked great for UGA last year after getting trounced by Bama in the SECCG. Sometimes the joke might get flipped.

My prediction is we will end up with only 2 undefeated teams, UGA and winner of OSU/MI (Tennessee fans will be big Texas fans next weekend). The other 2 teams in the CFP will be Tennessee and either PAC-10 champ or loser of OSU/MI. Tennessee will have wins against 2 of the top 10 with its only loss against the #1 team. So it will have one of the strongest resume of any 1 loss team. The other spot? I think that comes down to how close the OSU/MI game is vs how much they value a 1 loss PAC-10 champ.

That said lots of ifs. If TCU wins out (if that happens they should be 3rd) it gets a lot more interesting for that 4th spot. Also it is possible you could end up with a 2 loss PAC-10 champ. What if Ole Miss wins out and beats UGA in the SECCG?

Either way UGA should win it all (they are just stacked), but stranger things have happen.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 6, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU needs to win two if Okie State, Texas Tech, and TCU to get bowl eligible. I didn’t think they had a chance, but Okie State has looked terrible the last two weeks so now I’m thinking maybe they can pull this off. Still only give them odds of like 1/4 to make a bowl this year though.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

whos that broooown posted:

Ohio State picked a good week to look like poo poo against an awful team but ultimately win, I guess

Eh, I put no stock in the offensive numbers in any game played in that part of the country. I live there and we got over 3 inches of rain with routine 30-40 mph wind gusts. Unless you were fine with running the T, you weren't putting up stats. If SMU - Houston was played there it would have been a 6-3 final.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Them dogs was hell

What a drat defense

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

This is BLEAK

https://twitter.com/cbssportshq/status/1589123971202834432?s=46

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Few things now that I've slept on it: Tennessee is very good this year and I'm glad that Vol fans have something to actually love about their football team after the past however many seasons. It will be interesting seeing how things go for them next season due to the number of seniors and super seniors on the roster now. If Heupel is the real deal, Tennessee needs to keep it at about 9+ wins next season and a run the following season.

Our defense did its job. Lots of talking heads forgot that we have one of the best pass rushes and QB pressure rates in the country and it was clear that the pressure kept Hooker from being his normal self. We contained the run to keep second and short which seems like the magic sauce for stopping the Vol offense. Crowd showed up and helped cause disruptions and I really think if it didn't start raining, we would have kept the foot on the gas in the 3rd. We had a 9 minute soul crushing drive in the middle of the third due to weather but nothing about the gameplan says that we wouldn't have wanted to try to hang 50 to make a statement.

I don't really know what to say about Alabama. Looking at roster compositions, they are clearly one of the most talented rosters in the country. I don't know if its NIL and a "You cant make me run, Nick!" type of deal, I don't know if it is coordinator attrition, or if Saban has just lost a step. Last year they bullshitted themselves through a few games with Bama magic, and this year they could easily have another two losses to Texas or A&M. I think BoB gets fired or hired away in the offseason. I think the team just looking lost and being so undisciplined is what strikes me because that has never been an issue under Saban.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Georgia wasn’t playing around with our bullshit Saturday afternoon. They gave our O-line trouble like they hadn’t seen before - presnap penalties and getting to QB with little difficulty. Hooker came up short in the intermediate parts of the field, which had been kind of recurring throughout the season. Tennessee kept trying to make it happen though and Georgia continued its soul crushing brand of football.

Alabama lost and I just don’t think Saban is the man for the job tbh.

lol Clemson

Tennessee will drop to #4 because whatever. It doesn’t have to make sense.

I’ll be pulling for Texas next week against TCU. It’ll be a battle of 1st half game plan, utilizing 2nd half adjustments, and remembering the game is 60 minutes. I haven’t watched TCU yet this year and I feel like I’m missing out on a good storyline there.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Few things now that I've slept on it: Tennessee is very good this year and I'm glad that Vol fans have something to actually love about their football team after the past however many seasons. It will be interesting seeing how things go for them next season due to the number of seniors and super seniors on the roster now. If Heupel is the real deal, Tennessee needs to keep it at about 9+ wins next season and a run the following season.

Our defense did its job. Lots of talking heads forgot that we have one of the best pass rushes and QB pressure rates in the country and it was clear that the pressure kept Hooker from being his normal self. We contained the run to keep second and short which seems like the magic sauce for stopping the Vol offense. Crowd showed up and helped cause disruptions and I really think if it didn't start raining, we would have kept the foot on the gas in the 3rd. We had a 9 minute soul crushing drive in the middle of the third due to weather but nothing about the gameplan says that we wouldn't have wanted to try to hang 50 to make a statement.

I agree with all of this. I’m curious who all turns up on Tennessee’s roster after an unprecedented 2nd year from Heupel. The success and opportunity in continuing it has to be attractive for recruits and transfers.

UGA’s game script really seemed to be “jump out in front and make Tennessee chase.” Idk if the rain dampened that plan as well but simply put, UGA offense executed well against mismatches. How the gently caress do you defend a guy who should be an OT but here he is playing TE?

Sir Thats Gross fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 6, 2022

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
It's remarkable how listless Bama's offense can look under BoB. If he survives another year in Tuscaloosa then Saban has definitely checked out.

Credit to Georgia's defense for shutting down Oregon and Tennessee.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
On the other hand, racing the score would have given us our best chance to get back in it. My dad and I were actually joking going in to halftime that offensive coordinators should have a "get back" guy who reminds them to start grinding the clock.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I don’t know what is going on with Cal this year (evergreen) but it would be nice if a couple of the moral victories were real victories (and we didn’t lose to Colorado of all teams).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

LeeMajors posted:

love to see it

qft