Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Looking forward to the TFTM Special Edition where Starscream's ghost is standing alongside Rodimus at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nodosaur posted:

The answer to the Rumble and Frenzy thing is that the cartoon was dumb and wrong

Which is why I choose to believe this toy I have, Studio Core Class Rumble (Blue)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xZAOx posted:

The death star would kill Unicron

Ahem. The Matrix of Leadership is the one thing - the ONLY thing - that can stand in his way. :colbert:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TaurusOxford posted:

Ahem. The Matrix of Leadership is the one thing - the ONLY thing - that can stand in his way. :colbert:

It's true. Also Unicorn could just like come around from the side or something.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
trukk not munkey!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Nodosaur posted:

The answer to the Rumble and Frenzy thing is that the cartoon was dumb and wrong

Is Armada Sparkplug's name Leader-1? No. The cartoon basically did the same thing with their colors.

Bit of a lopsided comparison there. Sparkplug's name might be Leader-1 in the fandom now if anyone cared about Armada enough to argue about it.

More Rumble toys have been red than blue, but the blue version is definitive due to being the most widely broadcast version of the character in the brand's history. Rumble is blue.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

For me it's kind of a bouba/kiki thing. It might just be because Rumble has all the letters of Blue in his name and Frenzy has most of the letters of Red, but they each "feel" more like a specific color than the other.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The red and black one having the name evoking an angry outburst is way more fitting than the guy colored like an aromatherapy candle

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Keldroc posted:

Bit of a lopsided comparison there. Sparkplug's name might be Leader-1 in the fandom now if anyone cared about Armada enough to argue about it.

More Rumble toys have been red than blue, but the blue version is definitive due to being the most widely broadcast version of the character in the brand's history. Rumble is blue.

Except that it doesn't change the fact that it was a production error, and that no one intended it from a creative standpoint.

It was a mistake. Rumble is red and black.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rumble is red and blue and Frenzy is black and lavender

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Except that it doesn't change the fact that it was a production error, and that no one intended it from a creative standpoint.

It was a mistake that became the reality of the show.

Do you know how many mistakes that get worked into a property or such and are beloved?

Hell I'm pretty sure a good chunk of Transformers only exists *because* they're mistakes

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It seems more like there’s a double standard for G1 and its many flaws and errors from where I’m sitting

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Nodosaur posted:

Now do Grapple.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Arquinsiel posted:

Now do Grapple.

Grapple and Hauler was a different kind of mistake, that was actually used as a springboard for a creative solution that created two characters where there was only one before. A net gain for the franchise.

Rumble being blue and lavender doesn’t add up to anything positive whatsoever. You’ve still got the same character but his colors are wrong.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

It seems more like there’s a double standard for G1 and its many flaws and errors from where I’m sitting

Get a grip.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean I’m not mad or upset? I’m just saying what it seems like to me

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

I mean I’m not mad or upset? I’m just saying what it seems like to me

Might have just been a Gripper joke

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
You can call a toy whatever you want. Personally I call the red and blue tapes Laverne and Shirley. I also call the dinobot triceratops Karl. Hasbro hasn’t sent out a deathsquad for me yet.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bumper

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Keldroc posted:

Sicklers use the Micron Legend names for a reason

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Rumble might be red, but Studio Core Class Rumble is (Blue)

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I call them both The Tape Lads and you can't stop me.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Joe Fisto posted:

You can call a toy whatever you want. Personally I call the red and blue tapes Laverne and Shirley. I also call the dinobot triceratops Karl. Hasbro hasn’t sent out a deathsquad for me yet.

Laverne is the blue one, rear end in a top hat!!!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Nodosaur posted:

Grapple and Hauler was a different kind of mistake, that was actually used as a springboard for a creative solution that created two characters where there was only one before. A net gain for the franchise.

Rumble being blue and lavender doesn’t add up to anything positive whatsoever. You’ve still got the same character but his colors are wrong.
Hauler wasn't a character until 2003, when they painted the same toy green and re-used the name. The "anything positive whatsoever" that Rumble being blue adds up to is "the one toy had the one name for the entire cartoon", unlike Hauler and Grapple which you've decided is good for "reasons". Maybe it looks like there's a double standard from where you are because you're the one applying it?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Rumble might be red, but Studio Core Class Rumble is (Blue)

I just name them whatever the last media I consumed named them and don’t worry about it overmuch.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rumble is blue because a rumble is a low frequency sound, and low frequency light is blue. Frenzy is red because if you're in a frenzy, you're seeing red.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dabir posted:

Rumble is blue because a rumble is a low frequency sound, and low frequency light is blue. Frenzy is red because if you're in a frenzy, you're seeing red.
Rumble is coming towards you, but Frenzy is going away.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Arquinsiel posted:

Hauler wasn't a character until 2003, when they painted the same toy green and re-used the name. The "anything positive whatsoever" that Rumble being blue adds up to is "the one toy had the one name for the entire cartoon", unlike Hauler and Grapple which you've decided is good for "reasons". Maybe it looks like there's a double standard from where you are because you're the one applying it?

You've certainly given me something to think about, but I'm sorry. I can't see Rumble being blue different from, say, Brawn showing up alive in Carnage in C-Minor. It's a mistake, and I think Hasbro would be better sticking to one vision for this character for the sake of not confusing people who aren't terminally on-line like the rest of us.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You can't see the difference between a mistake happening in one scene vs a mistake being retained for the duration of a show?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Not really, because G1 was a very shoddy, disorganized production

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Like an error that goes on for an entire series should be MORE embarrassing

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Has anyone seen Legacy Inferno on shelves? I've seen photos of it on TFW2005, but Pulse UK lists it as coming out in December and Amazon is even worse, claims it's coming next February.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Edit wait use this one:

https://twitter.com/DrFunk98/status/1588926656911388672?s=20&t=5AdDbBxKx5FT5RbQ-lynPw

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 7, 2022

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Hasbro set the expected shipping dates for a lot of Legacy/Evolution toys very late to compensate for supply chain disruptions. However, once the toys are on boats and in trucks Hasbro has no say on when they go up for sale. So lots of "isolated cases" of figures are making their way to retailers.

For example, yesterday I got SS86 Ironhide from a Target in Brooklyn.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DoctorWhat posted:

For example, yesterday I got SS86 Ironhide from a Target in Brooklyn.

I nearly bought one but uh

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The_Doctor posted:

G1 toy accuracy variant

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m getting a lot of newsgroup flashbacks with this Rumble/Frenzy issue. I think it might have been one of the first arguments ever on the internet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

What heroic nonsense indeed.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I feel like this is going to happen more often with the open boxes they use now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Tighclops posted:

I feel like this is going to happen more often with the open boxes they use now

It’s just more like the G1 toy this way