Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Knormal posted:

That's what I was thinking, but I don't think I have the steady hand to cut around that pin without it getting all uneven. I guess I'll see how much the hip flap bothers me once I actually have the figure.

fwiw I haven't done the mod and it doesn't bother me at all. The flap is fine as it is, it just gets slightly better and probably closer to the designer's vision if you get the knife out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a decent, 3P Leader-1?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Is there a decent, 3P Leader-1?

There is not. Disappointingly your only option is the Action Toys Machine Robo Eagle Robo, which is like a very small deluxe.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That is a rather cool version of him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat that's ugly.

I guess there won't be a GoBot on the leader display.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
There is a very good Cy-Kill from Action Toys. Deluxe Bike Robo (regular Bike Robo doesn't include the Cy-Kill face, is smaller and more fragile, and is more pastel in color).

https://youtu.be/rf08phowCsg

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 3, 2022

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Fsmhunk posted:

Nice pics! Mind if I ask what setup you use?

Thanks! A couple years ago a few Gunpla goons ended up getting the same light box, an ESDDI 24". It doesn't look like it's available on Amazon anymore, but this looks almost exactly the same, so it's probably just a case of rebranding. It's ridiculously fast & easy to set up and stows away easy. The only downside is that the backdrops can be dust/pet hair magnets, so (at least for the black one) it's a good idea to wipe them down before shooting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

There is not. Disappointingly your only option is the Action Toys Machine Robo Eagle Robo, which is like a very small deluxe.

I've got that one and the Bike Robo. They're not bad at all. Comes with maintenance gantry things, a base, and a stand.

Not a Masterpiece, but very good at that scale.

---

Look, COMPLETELY UNRELATED, I'm not saying that everyone should sign up for the Secret Santa/HolidayGiftperson this year and that also we should have it again this year, but it's also exactly what I'm saying.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Was a sign up posted already? I have gifts to give. I don't care if nobody wants them.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

This guy has one of the cleanest jet modes I've ever seen in a transforming toy, for what it's worth.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TheDK posted:

Was a sign up posted already? I have gifts to give. I don't care if nobody wants them.

Not yet, I’ll put it up tomorrow

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Shattered Glass Flamewar showed up today, and she's very good-looking. I didn't get the design when it was Legacy Prime Arcee because I still have my first edition Prime deluxe, but with the flame deco and expanding the front wheel behind the shoulders to give her a different silhouette this is a very good looking figure, especially wielding Firedrive as an axe. Haven't yet worked out how best to pose her with the birdie as a bow, but I've not had my hands on her for long.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

This is my favourite gun megatron in my collection:

Take special note of the wheels, every toy in the choro-q robo line had a working pull back and go motor. Every. Single. One.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m close to having one of every mold of the G1 minicassettes, I just got the 4 Japanese dinocassettes, I’ve got Ratbat coming in the mail, and I’m going to buy Squawkbox and Slamdance off of a friend and then I’ll have them all. :woop:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Enemy?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Huh?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A very red Frumble.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xenomrph posted:

I’m close to having one of every mold of the G1 minicassettes, I just got the 4 Japanese dinocassettes, I’ve got Ratbat coming in the mail, and I’m going to buy Squawkbox and Slamdance off of a friend and then I’ll have them all. :woop:

Gosh, I didn't even know there were more dinocassettes. Just my good boys Overkill and Slugfest.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dawgstar posted:

Gosh, I didn't even know there were more dinocassettes. Just my good boys Overkill and Slugfest.

Yep, they’re even combiners, although their combined modes are kind of trash.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Legout

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Decibel

I got the reissues from a few years back courtesy of eBay, good luck finding genuine G1 versions lol

Slugfest remains my favorite cassette.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

flavor.flv posted:

Take special note of the wheels, every toy in the choro-q robo line had a working pull back and go motor. Every. Single. One.

IIRC Thew did a review of this guy in his big Multi-Megatron video

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

flavor.flv posted:

I can't remember my Ultra Magnus having one, but now I really wish it wasn't sitting in a storage unit :stare:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

flavor.flv posted:

Be careful with these - the plastic gets really brittle. I had one of mine break forever ago.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue) is SO GOOD

They'd better make a Frenzy because the Spy Patrol one just looks sad now :smith:

Bonus family portrait

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue) is SO GOOD

They'd better make a Frenzy because the Spy Patrol one just looks sad now :smith:

Bonus family portrait

They already have. Rumble (Blue) doubles as Frenzy (Blue).

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Is this a hint at the next Crossover toy? Lois Lane (Black)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Dabir posted:

They already have. Rumble (Blue) doubles as Frenzy (Blue).

A blue Frenzy? Impossible. :colbert:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, Frenzy's silver.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I wasn't going to get Legacy Galvatron. I don't need Legacy Galvatron, honestly. Galvatron's cool and all, but Legacy Galvatron is way too m- £30 loose in my local nerd shop? Score!

God he's gorgeous isn't he. Just perfect. I could maybe do with some more weapon ports, maybe one on each leg, but no, it's fine, he's incredible. You still have plenty to do this.

Normalise putting immense shoulder-mounted artillery on bots.

E: Oh yeah, this place also acquired a Universe 2008 Inferno and Platinum Edition Hot Rod since I was last there. So if anyone's in the area and really wants either of those...

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 5, 2022

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Rumble isn't blue, and neither is frenzy

Rumble is periwinkle and lavender, and frenzy is red and black

RIPALFIRAB

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Silhouette posted:

Rumble isn't blue, and neither is frenzy

Rumble is periwinkle and lavender, and frenzy is red and black

RIPALFIRAB

I'm good with this retcon

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Speak to your doctor about

Silhouette posted:

RIPALFIRAB

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

Speak to your doctor about

Symptoms include:

quote:

being uncrazamatic

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The answer to the Rumble and Frenzy thing is that the cartoon was dumb and wrong

Is Armada Sparkplug's name Leader-1? No. The cartoon basically did the same thing with their colors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bombshell became Cyclonus.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Rhyno posted:

Bombshell became Cyclonus.

:argh:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Next time they do a retelling of the Movie they really should just swap out the Insecticons and Skywarp and Thundercracker out for some random generics or something to bypass that whole bit of stupidity

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The death star would kill Unicron

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

The answer to the Rumble and Frenzy thing is that the cartoon was dumb and wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

xZAOx posted:

The death star would kill Unicron

Unicorn's spirit would survive however the Dark Side would kill Unicron