Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
They could at least give you the option to use the arcana pup with the persona as an option, that'd be fun.

Also is there a drop table for all this candyworks stuff? I've just been grabbing things that look Diretide-exclusive (I got a lot of candy couriers and some greevil wards) but I have no idea how much stuff there is overall so I don't know how much I should be conserving my candy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

its a fursona imbeciles

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sugar free jazz posted:

its a fursona imbeciles

I'm glad someone had the courage to say it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'd be more inclined to call it that if it were more Hoodwinky and less "serious fantasy wolf"-y.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sab669 posted:

I'd be more inclined to call it that if it were more Hoodwinky and less "serious fantasy wolf"-y.

great and now we’re gatekeeping fursonas honestly though I can’t say I expected better

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I abandoned two games in a day, and I’ve been punished by 4 games of Low Prio.

I’m Herald, and in last game I went 9/3/34 as CM. I legit felt like a Smurf, the opposition were atrocious.

Can recommend non party queue Single Draft.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Geight posted:

Also is there a drop table for all this candyworks stuff? I've just been grabbing things that look Diretide-exclusive (I got a lot of candy couriers and some greevil wards) but I have no idea how much stuff there is overall so I don't know how much I should be conserving my candy

Someone datamined this: https://pastebin.com/zFLNY451. In addition to this you can also have Immortal Chests and Battle Pass points show up.

As far as shop mechanics:

Shop & Items
You can't get repeats of most items, once you purchase something, it's gone from the pool (except treasures and battle points). You get some amount of base shop rerolls (for me it was 8, not sure if BP level might affect this), but you can earn rerolls by winning games - 1 reroll per win, up to 10 rerolls per week. Not sure if the base rerolls refresh per week. Hopefully they do.

Diretide Shop Slot
The leftmost slot will always have a Diretide item. There's 6 Diretide items: 3 couriers, a ward, a Rosh skin and a Warlock set. If you buy out all 6 of these, the leftmost slot will be freed to have random items like the other two.

Candy
You have however many candy sacks you got from the battle pass and you can earn up to 5 candy per week by playing games. Regular games give 40% of a candy on wins and 20% on losses. Turbo/Diretide games give half that so 20%/10% per win/loss. Earning candy like this is pretty time consuming. Assuming a 50% winrate it takes 17 regular games per week to earn all 5 candy. With 11 weeks left on the BP the most you can get by playing is 55 candy, which is a pretty garbage return for the time invested TBQH. Most candy will likely come from BP levels both as direct rewards and from recycling immortals.

My Strategy
If you have a moderately leveled BP, it is probably worth to buyout all the Diretide items immediately (it is 36 or so candy total). This frees up that slot for Arcanas or Battle Points, making all your rerolls 50% better. Reroll until you get an item you want, then start filling your candy slots. Fill one at a time, NEVER use the fill button. Hopefully you get the candy you need for the item you want before you're in danger of running out of candy slots. Look at the 2:3 or 3:4 exchanges and try to build for what you need using those if you can for the efficiency. You never want to run out of slots, because then you'll be forced to buy an item you don't want or use the awful 3:1 exchange rate to free up slots which is a massive waste of candy.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oodles posted:

I abandoned two games in a day, and I’ve been punished by 4 games of Low Prio.

I’m Herald, and in last game I went 9/3/34 as CM. I legit felt like a Smurf, the opposition were atrocious.

Can recommend non party queue Single Draft.

I haven't Abandoned in a long, long time but I was close to it yesterday. The first match ended with me as CM level 25, the rest of my team was 22.

Enemy only had Reverse a Polarity and Marci to interrupt Freezing Field so I had a great early game but the 1 & 5 were quite bad. Ursa hasn't Roshed by 20 minutes despite all the space I was making.

Next game a pub grabbed CM and went 1-1-3 and in general we just had zero coordination, all on different pages and it was just a bad draft with no late game potential.

It was the second one I was real tempted to bail on, but gently caress LPQ.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ojetor posted:

Someone datamined this: https://pastebin.com/zFLNY451. In addition to this you can also have Immortal Chests and Battle Pass points show up.

As far as shop mechanics:

Shop & Items
You can't get repeats of most items, once you purchase something, it's gone from the pool (except treasures and battle points). You get some amount of base shop rerolls (for me it was 8, not sure if BP level might affect this), but you can earn rerolls by winning games - 1 reroll per win, up to 10 rerolls per week. Not sure if the base rerolls refresh per week. Hopefully they do.

Diretide Shop Slot
The leftmost slot will always have a Diretide item. There's 6 Diretide items: 3 couriers, a ward, a Rosh skin and a Warlock set. If you buy out all 6 of these, the leftmost slot will be freed to have random items like the other two.

Candy
You have however many candy sacks you got from the battle pass and you can earn up to 5 candy per week by playing games. Regular games give 40% of a candy on wins and 20% on losses. Turbo/Diretide games give half that so 20%/10% per win/loss. Earning candy like this is pretty time consuming. Assuming a 50% winrate it takes 17 regular games per week to earn all 5 candy. With 11 weeks left on the BP the most you can get by playing is 55 candy, which is a pretty garbage return for the time invested TBQH. Most candy will likely come from BP levels both as direct rewards and from recycling immortals.

My Strategy
If you have a moderately leveled BP, it is probably worth to buyout all the Diretide items immediately (it is 36 or so candy total). This frees up that slot for Arcanas or Battle Points, making all your rerolls 50% better. Reroll until you get an item you want, then start filling your candy slots. Fill one at a time, NEVER use the fill button. Hopefully you get the candy you need for the item you want before you're in danger of running out of candy slots. Look at the 2:3 or 3:4 exchanges and try to build for what you need using those if you can for the efficiency. You never want to run out of slots, because then you'll be forced to buy an item you don't want or use the awful 3:1 exchange rate to free up slots which is a massive waste of candy.

can't you get candy by recycling treasures? i thought i saw someone mention that

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NtotheTC posted:

can't you get candy by recycling treasures? i thought i saw someone mention that

Six candy per recycled treasure yeah

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Ojetor posted:

candyshop stuff

Thanks, I goofed up by using fill once but I still have a lot of candy and should be able to get all the cool stuff and maybe some arcanas I don't have

I guess all arcanas going forward are gonna be battle pass rewards so they're cool with just giving away the store-bought ones now

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So when is Wraith Pact going to get nerfed because I'm a bit sick of it being a must buy for pos3/4 every game now...it's becoming BKB 2.0.

It's a loving killer item it just sucks that it's basically needed every game because of how OP it is.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

CyberPingu posted:

So when is Wraith Pact going to get nerfed because I'm a bit sick of it being a must buy for pos3/4 every game now...it's becoming BKB 2.0.

It's a loving killer item it just sucks that it's basically needed every game because of how OP it is.

Pretty sure the item just has to be reworked entirely or removed. There’s no way to balance flat damage reduction to all damage types — it’s either going to be too small relative to the cost to matter or too big to not buy every single game (and hence drives the meta)

But either way it’ll certainly be changed in the next balance patch (usually several weeks after TI)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jaytan posted:

Pretty sure the item just has to be reworked entirely or removed. There’s no way to balance flat damage reduction to all damage types — it’s either going to be too small relative to the cost to matter or too big to not buy every single game (and hence drives the meta)

But either way it’ll certainly be changed in the next balance patch (usually several weeks after TI)

I wouldn't mind it getting the Necro book treatment because it's just so broken right now

Idk if you could balance the totem thing where it either doesn't move or is easier to kill but even then I think it just needs to be removed

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

In the Archon/Legend area I never see it.

Marci however I see all the time and man I wouldn't mind her getting dumpstered. So sick of that hero.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Sab669 posted:

In the Archon/Legend area I never see it.

Marci however I see all the time and man I wouldn't mind her getting dumpstered. So sick of that hero.

I buy Wraith Pact on Marci for ultimate chaos

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

make it slightly more expensive, easier to kill, slower moving, and have a slightly smaller area

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sugar free jazz posted:

make it slightly more expensive, easier to kill, slower moving, and have a slightly smaller area

It would still be an instant buy because it's a 30% damage reduction....which you have to focus on in a fight to get rid of

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'd say either make it stationary, or make the effect "pulse" like once every 5 seconds, reduce enemy's damage by 30% for 2s. And at least +20s to the cooldown.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
They should get rid of Wraith Pact and give damage reduction back to Wisp Overcharge.

Do it ice frog you loving coward. You won't.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Six candy per recycled treasure yeah

having said that, I just recycled a bunch of immortal IIs and got... no treasure progress and no candy? Do I need to claim it somewhere? otherwise that's an expensive bug.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

You claim it in the treasure screen:

CyberPingu posted:

It is a really obnoxious item to play against. This sort of poo poo is what I hate about the post-TI pre-patch period, so many people tryharding with whatever strats won TI, gets old real fast. Worst time to play Dota in the entire year.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Just herald things:

Playing offlane Hoodwink last night. Absolutely dumpster the lane and shut down Jugg forcing him into the jungle at 5 mins.

Have a 15 min Glepnir and 25 min etheral blade. Go 20-2-10

Our Troll Warlord carry has a BF, BKB at 25 mins, game goes to 55 mins and he has BF, BKB and MKB.

We lose because the Spectre gets too big and I can't carry the game by myself :/

Feel incredibly frustrated that I'm never getting out of Herald at this rate. I'm not god's gift to dota but last night went 1-3 in games where either the carry or the mid got smashed while we win the offlane either with me as a 3 or 4

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 6, 2022

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

offlane Hoodwink

Feel incredibly frustrated that I'm never getting out of Herald at this rate.

I tease, I’m in the same boat. I play pos 5, and the amount of time I’m with a shotgun morph or an AM who starts the game and says “I don’t buy BF” makes me want to cry.

I’m also dogshit at the game, and feed relentlessly, but even I can see when my carry’s are being asshats.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Oodles posted:

I tease, I’m in the same boat. I play pos 5, and the amount of time I’m with a shotgun morph or an AM who starts the game and says “I don’t buy BF” makes me want to cry.

I’m also dogshit at the game, and feed relentlessly, but even I can see when my carry’s are being asshats.

I don't think I'm particularly great at the game, which is why I'm still in herald. But I also don't want to just spam Bristle Back to get out of Herald because that just seems like papering over cracks. Also I like Hoodwink and I'm actually good with them

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Try spamming bristleback to get out of the rating you're at and see how it goes before writing it off

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

2 weird tricks to gaining 1000 mmr in a month: pick dawn and marci offlane

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Couple possibilities here: You don't go 20-2 consistently, those 2 deaths resulted in game-losing disaster, or your mindset is ruined after you lose a game where you did extremely well so it makes you do stupid stuff for a bit.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

After you turbo hosed their lane and they left to jungle what did you do with that space on the map? I hope you won one of both of the other two lanes with rotates the second they gave you the lane

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

After you turbo hosed their lane and they left to jungle what did you do with that space on the map? I hope you won one of both of the other two lanes with rotates the second they gave you the lane

After the T1 fell I went ganking but yeah maybe thats one of the problems is not being active enough on that map.

I guess I'll try dawn or Marci for a bit. As much as I like playing hood she probably doesn't add enough value in the current meta

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TOOT BOOT posted:

Couple possibilities here: You don't go 20-2 consistently, those 2 deaths resulted in game-losing disaster, or your mindset is ruined after you lose a game where you did extremely well so it makes you do stupid stuff for a bit.

Correct I don't do that every game. This was just the peak of frustration.

My deaths didn't result in us losing as far as I can tell, one was super early in the game and the 2nd was when they were fountain diving.

I faired better tonight. Went 3-1, would have been 4-0 but we got slaughtered the final game

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Another thing worth pointing out is that there's a reason they call it grinding MMR. If you're a little bit better than your MMR and you win 60% of your games, which is very respectable, you're still looking at playing 100+ games to go up a rank.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Wraith Pact has a bunch of angles to adjust it. The amount of damage reduction, its speed, how many hits to destroy it, the aoe size, its cooldown, how long it lasts, the mana cost. It definitely needs something done to it.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
As its currently a 30% reduction, they could just make it a flat number rather than a percentage and then it no longer scales ridiculously into the late game.

Also I never get mvp in my games. I've now got mvp in 4 of my last 5 games purely playing pos 4 or 5. I don't know what I'm doing different.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Copper For Lyfe posted:

As its currently a 30% reduction, they could just make it a flat number rather than a percentage and then it no longer scales ridiculously into the late game.

Now builds out of Crimson Guard and Pipe

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Copper For Lyfe posted:

So it would be bootleg Crimson Guard?

e:fb

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'd be curious how a WP + Pipe combo on the other team affects the winrate of heroes whose concept is that they deal a lot of magic damage, like Sky, Zeus, and Veno. I don't think anyone would pick Sky if his spells did half damage after 25-30min and you still had to play around BKB.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Well I mean, Leshrac did get wiped 3-0 in the Grand Finals so I think we already know :v:

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

So it would be bootleg Crimson Guard?

e:fb

Yea I guess but for all damage types.

Building it from pipe and crimson doesn't sound like a terrible idea. Remove the vlads aura from it.

That does turn it from a 4k gold item to a 7k gold item though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Went 4-1 last night spamming enigma. The loss was dawn breaker

People in Herald love to clump up for black hole.

The 1 loss was a guy that last picked faceless void even though we already had a carry, then had a big steop and forced me into playing support dawn, which went very badly. He spent the whole game complaining about how Spectre doesn't counter Ursa and that we need to let him farm. His first item was a shadowblade then an MKB.

Ran into him in the next game, destroyed his lane as Enigma Riki and then baited him into Chrono-ing illusions 3 times during the game