Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
A great chaos situation for the SEC is a two loss LSU beating Georgia in the sec championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Demon Of The Fall posted:

holy gently caress Miami :eyepop:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I miss Lisa Lispino

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I think even on SZD this week they phrased Oregon's game as "scrimmaging" Colorado and boy ain't that the truth.

Washington comes to town next weekend and that should be much more interesting.

loving hell :drat:

Borsche69 posted:

oregon vs tennessee? gun to my head? pull the trigger, and then also shoot oregon's putrid corpse like 40 loving times afterwards

the Oregon Ducks are Good and fun to watch play the sport of American football

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Pimpcasso posted:

A great chaos situation for the SEC is a two loss LSU beating Georgia in the sec championship

I would guess both teams get in? I was thinking that Ole Miss had a chance if they beat Bama, but they needed LSU to lose against Bama first since LSU best Ole Miss.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Sadly I don't think we'll give Oregon much of a game this year. We might be able to put up some points but our defense is loving terrible.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

D.N. Nation posted:

Dawgs

Bitch

:discourse:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Manoueverable posted:

Sadly I don't think we'll give Oregon much of a game this year. We might be able to put up some points but our defense is loving terrible.

Agreed but 7-5 was my preseason ceiling for the huskies so any game forward is gravy. Hopefully they can win in a shootout

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Shaq is tall

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

back

https://twitter.com/collegegameday/status/1589279065667674113?s=46&t=faqYKSiO0xEZ4SJTJ8NTpQ

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The comittee having to figure out 11-2 sec champ LSU vs 12-1 UGA would be the greatest.

But :lol: UGA looks good enough to steamroll pretty much anymore left.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Manoueverable posted:

I think they've slowly gone from "loving terrible" to "really bad". OSU is a really good rushing team and UW's rush D looked... competent?

Go 2-1 the rest of the year and I'm pretty happy. Still can't believe we lost to ASU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

KKKLIP ART posted:

I don't really know what to say about Alabama. Looking at roster compositions, they are clearly one of the most talented rosters in the country. I don't know if its NIL and a "You cant make me run, Nick!" type of deal, I don't know if it is coordinator attrition, or if Saban has just lost a step. Last year they bullshitted themselves through a few games with Bama magic, and this year they could easily have another two losses to Texas or A&M. I think BoB gets fired or hired away in the offseason. I think the team just looking lost and being so undisciplined is what strikes me because that has never been an issue under Saban.

My best guess is that he can’t use his traditional style of coaching and discipline on the team in the era of the transfer portal as they can just goddamn leave if they want to. I mean look how the Dolphins went for him when he went somewhere without a captive audience. It’s not apples to apples but that empowerment of the players (a very good thing mind you) likely has been bad for his way of doing things.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Warbird posted:

My best guess is that he can’t use his traditional style of coaching and discipline on the team in the era of the transfer portal as they can just goddamn leave if they want to. I mean look how the Dolphins went for him when he went somewhere without a captive audience. It’s not apples to apples but that empowerment of the players (a very good thing mind you) likely has been bad for his way of doing things.

So I don't know where to fall on it, but some connected folks on UGA boards are discussing how Kirby has adapted to NIL and his big thing is that he isn't going to bag chase stars and that NIL come when you show you can perform. Obviously he can''t run point on getting kids NIL deals (wink wink) but at the same time, trying to find kids that buy into the program first and NIL second seems to be a key. We also took zero kids in the transfer portal, though word is we looked around even for depth. I dunno. Maybe this is the one big CFB change that Saban just can't adapt to fully like he has for everything else.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It very well could be. Dude’s over 70 now and coaches nearly half his age are also having trouble with it. I’m not sure what the solution could be, maybe had things over more to the assistants and be more of a figurehead? That doesn’t seem to be his MO and god knows doing that with BoB hasn’t done great for us.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's funny that the Alabama dynasty is over after two close losses to Top Ten teams on the road.

Granted, considering the standards Alabama has been playing with in the Saban era and how they played against other teams this season, this isn't necessarily an overreaction.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So the current playoff picture should include:

1. At least one SEC team, likely Dawgs
2. At least one Big 10 team, tOSU or Michigan
3. ? TCU if they win out?
4. ?? Pac champ? Second SEC team (if two loss LSU beat Dawgs in SECCG)? What?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

John McClane posted:

It is entirely possible that A&M's bowl eligibility AND alabama's playoff hopes are going to come down to the same TAMU/LSU game

Bama needs LSU to drop two to make the SEC championship.

nate fisher posted:

I would guess both teams get in? I was thinking that Ole Miss had a chance if they beat Bama, but they needed LSU to lose against Bama first since LSU best Ole Miss.

LSU can certainly still drop a game and give Ole Miss a shot. A&M game isn’t a gimme.

KKKLIP ART posted:

So I don't know where to fall on it, but some connected folks on UGA boards are discussing how Kirby has adapted to NIL and his big thing is that he isn't going to bag chase stars and that NIL come when you show you can perform. Obviously he can''t run point on getting kids NIL deals (wink wink) but at the same time, trying to find kids that buy into the program first and NIL second seems to be a key. We also took zero kids in the transfer portal, though word is we looked around even for depth. I dunno. Maybe this is the one big CFB change that Saban just can't adapt to fully like he has for everything else.

He finally landed on two duds in the OC lottery. If he gets someone good after BoB leaves I imagine they’ll be right back to where they were. They can survive being flawed on defense but their offense needs to be consistent. Tom Herman would probably be a good hire. If Kingsbury gets let go from the Cardinals I can see him doing a redemption tour there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

So the current playoff picture should include:

1. At least one SEC team, likely Dawgs
2. At least one Big 10 team, tOSU or Michigan
3. ? TCU if they win out?
4. ?? Pac champ? Second SEC team (if two loss LSU beat Dawgs in SECCG)? What?

I think that 4 spot is 1-loss USC if they're the PAC champ, and a 2nd SEC team if Oregon is the champ (depending on how the SEC shakes out). Clemson may still be a possibility if 2-loss LSU wins the SEC and ND wins out.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

PostNouveau posted:

I think that 4 spot is 1-loss USC if they're the PAC champ, and a 2nd SEC team if Oregon is the champ (depending on how the SEC shakes out). Clemson may still be a possibility if 2-loss LSU wins the SEC and ND wins out.

i think literally any other 1 loss team makes it in over Clemson. they were already shaky and they have by far the worst loss

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i think literally any other 1 loss team makes it in over Clemson. they were already shaky and they have by far the worst loss

I can’t get over how badly the Irish hosed them up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

The worst loss is still Oregon getting outclassed in every way by Georgia. If nothing else, Georgia is highly likely to be a participant in the playoff, so I don't think the committee will have a strong pull to run that game back.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Zifnab posted:

I think they've slowly gone from "loving terrible" to "really bad". OSU is a really good rushing team and UW's rush D looked... competent?

Go 2-1 the rest of the year and I'm pretty happy. Still can't believe we lost to ASU

It was weird because it felt like every time I looked OSU was getting like 6-8 yards on a run but I guess they just couldn't get any short yardage stuff.

And yeah losing to ASU was embarrassing but it just means we're getting thrashed next week as an unranked or low ranked team rather than a fraudulent top 15ish team.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Can’t wait to win the powerball and Vince McMahon walk my way into the A&M athletic department

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

no one makes the gophers lose 33 games in a row when starting off down 10

extremely weird football game but I’m glad we actually adjusted in the second half. also someone hit PJ in the nose with a rolled up newspaper for that coward punt that nearly bit us in the rear end

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

SMU beat Houston 77-63.

16 passing TDs combined. Defense a four letter word as UH gets 77 put on it for the first time.

Can’t really explain the collapse after being so good last year, but Dana has to start being held accountable at some point and he can’t stay unless UH is that committed to being the new Big 12 doormat.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 6, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
When do the new rankings come out? Tuesday?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mega64 posted:

It's funny that the Alabama dynasty is over after two close losses to Top Ten teams on the road.

Granted, considering the standards Alabama has been playing with in the Saban era and how they played against other teams this season, this isn't necessarily an overreaction.

Yeah my bama fan family are demanding all the coaches except Saban be fired. This team is still better than that one that got killed by Oklahoma a decade ago , so it's not like Saban can't bounce back. It's just really funny to treat a couple coin flip losses on the road like the end of the road

To be fair they squeaked by Texas and a&m, they really aren't a great team this year, but c'mon. Meanwhile im mad Illinois had a stupid loss because they've played absolutely no one all year and should actually be undefeated before losing by 60 to Michigan

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mega64 posted:

It’s not just year though. Last year they nearly dropped 2 in the regular season too. It isn’t that they can’t be great but that there are cracks beginning to show that can’t be covered up by pure talent

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

WVU is very bad

I can't wait until the Penn State - WVU games the next two years. I'm going to try to get tickets to both. It'll be like old times

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sweet hurdle in Pac 12 After Dark last night

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1589102986482941952

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Tennessee lost to the greatest punt I’ve ever seen and Arc the Ladd McConkey. Devastating. Still proud of the season they’ve had though.

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:

DTR does that so often that that was his second hurdle of the game, and the broadcast booth had a montage queued up for the commercial break bumper of all his hurdles just this year.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Poll is out with

UGA
OSU
MICH
TCU

And Tennessee at 5. There’s an easy path back into the top 4, all we gotta do is win out,

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Tigers at #7, Bama at #10.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

Tennessee lost to the greatest punt I’ve ever seen and Arc the Ladd McConkey. Devastating. Still proud of the season they’ve had though.

Every time I hear that name I can only think of Maclunkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH19gKo7W7w

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/On3sports/status/1589331384694296577

Tulane, best team in Louisiana, once again slighted by the pollsters. It's ok though the committee will see the truth

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Good fit, Brian Kelly is not a super recruiter but LSU has a built-in recruiting floor and Kelly is great at the real parts of coaching.

Nice to have more than the same 3.5 good teams.

Honestly, he’s done pretty well on the recruiting front as far as I can tell, he and his staff at least.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Poll is out with

UGA
OSU
MICH
TCU

And Tennessee at 5. There’s an easy path back into the top 4, all we gotta do is win out,

The committee has shown that they’ll drop teams that don’t play on championship weekend over teams that do though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Michigan should be above OSU

which AP dipshit gave OSU a first place vote