Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

sum posted:

I love how these posts have the tone of someone calling in to sports radio to say that the Bills are frauds who are just going to choke in the playoffs again

It's a shame Armchair Anime Wife Guy logged off. His takes were incredibly stupid and uninformed, but often in an amusingly dumb and self-contradictory way. And he did the RWA thing of talking about rah rah Russian army, and then would take a break to wax episodic about reactionary right-wing dreams of his own country and desired way of government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
al-saqr understands that the most important part of effective gunnery is volume of fire. you have a very short window to get the right prediction for something and the best way to ensure you're correct when the dust settles is to maximize the amount of takes in the air

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

All according to kukraku

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mlmp08 posted:

It's a shame Armchair Anime Wife Guy logged off. His takes were incredibly stupid and uninformed, but often in an amusingly dumb and self-contradictory way. And he did the RWA thing of talking about rah rah Russian army, and then would take a break to wax episodic about reactionary right-wing dreams of his own country and desired way of government.

he was so awesome

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol he’s so bad at his chosen art form

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
wow Ted tall is still around, I literally haven’t heard from him since his 2003 Afghanistan graphic novel

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol at Michael "world's greatest sex machine" Tracey figuring out that the Republicans aren't actually anti-war

The man is quickly catching up to being more correct than Glenn Greenwald

Remember when Michael posted on Twitter that he was powerbombed through a table by Maxine Waters and then it turned out she tried to brush past him and lightly touched him with her hand when he got in her face? That ruled.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

Remember when Michael posted on Twitter that he was powerbombed through a table by Maxine Waters and then it turned out she tried to brush past him and lightly touched him with her hand when he got in her face? That ruled.

pretty hosed up to see the admins laughing about michaels traumatic experience. there's nothing funny about michael tracey being publicly murdered by 84 year old us representative maxine waters

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Jose Mengelez posted:

putting al saqr's uncanny knack for being wrong aside, it sure does seem like russia's sucking incredible amounts of rear end right now.

in what way? not much territory is changing hands due to general mud but Ukraine just had its power grid hosed

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Rent-A-Cop posted:

West Philadelphia is Palestine.

The Fresh Prince of Jerusalem

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

speng31b posted:

pretty hosed up to see the admins laughing about michaels traumatic experience. there's nothing funny about michael tracey being publicly murdered by 84 year old us representative maxine waters

Excuse me, I think you mean attempted murder...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/juggstorecowboy/status/1589293370253643778?t=16QC4SKyFRmTpI-Xd7-6qw&s=19

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I just threw up in my mouth a little

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Egg Moron posted:

Debunking is liberal bullshit

sounds like its perfect for you then chief

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

Excuse me, I think you mean attempted murder...

a part of tracey died that day....the part that was wrong

she definitely wrecked his pipeline

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

post'em

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

speng31b posted:

she definitely wrecked his pipeline

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

crepeface posted:

in what way?

*gestures at the special military operation in general*

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

cold war 2 cybersecurity experiment gone sexual

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

Eh. Successfully integrating the regions it took doesn't seem like that tall of an order? If I had to come up with any kind of end the most likely one is that the frontiers are just going to stay in one place with neither Ukraine nor Russia having the ability/political will for new offensive operations. And everything on the Russian side is probably going to more or less get integrated. Like that's just what a ceasefire but no actual settlement looks like after a decade and I don't think the Russians have claimed a lot more territory than they hold already. Certainly seems more likely than Ukraine taking Crimea.

Right but that frontier is going to cut through a lot of what Russia has officially annexed. They haven't had full control over any of the four oblasts since the beginning of October, and I doubt they ever will be able to in the foreseeable future.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Nov 6, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/DecampDave/status/1589304158578147329?s=20&t=XC3SsMPJeKMTbx250UhzuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5rIFci5vs

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Majorian posted:

I miss classic poster Mugabe Glasses' av. All-time S-tier av.

very strange bernietar it would inspire

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Majorian posted:

Right but that frontier is going to cut through a lot of what Russia has officially annexed. They haven't had full control over any of the four oblasts since the beginning of October, and I doubt they ever in the foreseeable future.

I mean, we're basically talking about one successful offensive before everything grinds to a halt. Doesn't seem completely outlandish to me :shrug: .

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

crepeface posted:

in what way? not much territory is changing hands due to general mud but Ukraine just had its power grid hosed

seems what little territory is changing hands is changing in ukraine's favor and i'm not getting a sense of overwhelming confidence from the russians that they can hold kherson.

on the other hand, you have all these news stories about lithuania, moldova, finland, sweden etc panickedly gearing up for russian invasion convinced they're next on the menu after ukraine's inevitable dick flattening session so... uh lol? time will tell.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

being an absolute freak in the sheets is her only redeeming quality imo.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Jose Mengelez posted:

seems what little territory is changing hands is changing in ukraine's favor and i'm not getting a sense of overwhelming confidence from the russians that they can hold kherson.

on the other hand, you have all these news stories about lithuania, moldova, finland, sweden etc panickedly gearing up for russian invasion convinced they're next on the menu after ukraine's inevitable dick flattening session so... uh lol? time will tell.

i think you have to keep in mind how small a commitment Russia has made in an absolute sense in terms of resources. according to the last Al Jazeera thing i read only 15% of the forces they mobilized recently are even starting to be deployed, and of course their initial special operation force was extremely insufficient to the task they put it towards.

i would say Russia is absolutely doing poorly, but probably not underperforming based on what they committed. it was a stupid set of decisions that got them where they are now, but it would be wise for Ukraine to be looking to negotiate about now before the mobilization kicks in full force and the winter hits.

speng31b has issued a correction as of 18:37 on Nov 6, 2022

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Russian forces intensify their fight for the eastern city of Bakhmut, amid setbacks elsewhere.

quote:

Fighting raged around the Ukrainian-held city of Bakhmut, Russian and Ukrainian authorities said on Sunday, as Moscow sought to capture an eastern city for the first time in months amid a string of recent setbacks on the battlefield.

A correspondent for Russia’s state-run RIA Novosti news agency said that troops with the Wagner Group, a private military force with ties to President Vladimir V. Putin, had seized the village of Ivangrad, which is close to a road on Bakhmut’s southern approach, and were fighting fierce battles in another suburb.

A spokesman for Ukraine’s forces in the east, Serhii Cherevaty, said that Bakhmut was “one of the hottest spots” in the region, and the place where “the enemy is the most aggressive, with the concentration of its maximum forces.” He told a Ukrainian television channel that 30,000 Russian personnel were deployed to the assault.

Ivangrad is in the southwest of the below screenshot.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

I mean, we're basically talking about one successful offensive before everything grinds to a halt. Doesn't seem completely outlandish to me :shrug: .

Outlandish, no - just not super-duper likely, IMO, with the seasonal window closing so rapidly.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Azathoth posted:

have you considered michael tracey had havok physics enabled?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Huge crane.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Huge crane.

do you crane? I crane.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Russian offensives are as predictable as mobs in a tower defense game

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/tom_username_/status/1589281134902652930

very bloody battle going on rn

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Any word about Belarus?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

why would he need to hack her phone for nudes when she's wearing his day collar

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Azathoth posted:

Remember when he live tweeted going through Kurt Eichenwalds underwear drawer?

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/852980830930685952?t=6V_k2gQO-2bcpXMGZ0L0pQ&s=19

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

KomradeX posted:

Any word about Belarus?

Lukashenko still sexy as ever.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

adebisi lives posted:

Remember when he live tweeted going through Kurt Eichenwalds underwear drawer?

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/852980830930685952?t=6V_k2gQO-2bcpXMGZ0L0pQ&s=19

He's a goddamn treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Freeeeeedom!