Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's a shame Brother's War didn't reprint Capsize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

report the post if you think it violates some rules otherwise stop trying to shame people over a dumb video. i think most of the professor's content is repetitive and dumb and i find his intro music annoying but i just ignore the post if i see its his video and its about a thing i don't care for?

HootTheOwl posted:

But really busy tag your links.
"Rudy says duals are tanking" is good news and I don't care who discovered it.

the video is about the price of buylists dropping for dual lands. the implication is only that people are dumping their revised dual lands on the cheap. it doesn't mean the average joe is going to be buying revised duals for 50% less in the past 30 days. i mean they have dropped from their peaks but unless the stores are selling most people aren't going to see the change.

i'd buy more but no one on tcgplayer ever bothers w/ a picture for a card >$100. that seems pretty crazy to me.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The TCG player chart says there's been a gradual decline since a pandemic high

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Strong Sauce posted:

report the post if you think it violates some rules otherwise stop trying to shame people over a dumb video. i think most of the professor's content is repetitive and dumb and i find his intro music annoying but i just ignore the post if i see its his video and its about a thing i don't care for?

You might be a mod elsewhere, but not here, so maybe lay off the backseat modding, especially when you're wrong and flying in the face of the majority of posters. People get to have opinions and nobody attacked OP or was mean to them, they objected to the content of the link, and the way it was posted, which are valid criticisms and valid ways to post in the thread.

I don't like SaffronOlive, but I don't respond when people post him, because he's not harmful to the community.

Rudy is a scammer and profiting off rubes. He's bad for the game, the community, and his viewers. That deserves a response, especially when it's just a rando link posted with no comment/context.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I can't believe that "describe your links as a courtesy" is controversial but otoh I've read even dumber arguments itt so actually I can

Even if you don't care about courtesy, describing what the link is makes it much more likely that people click it anyway

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Just trophied with 8-cast but when I imported the list from mana traders it put a sideboard card into the main so I played 61/14

Hope it gets published

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I haven't looked at the full list of retro artifacts but I pulled up a BRO draft on draftsim and opened Mystic Forge and I am excited to play that in the big artifact set

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kashuno posted:

I haven't looked at the full list of retro artifacts but I pulled up a BRO draft on draftsim and opened Mystic Forge and I am excited to play that in the big artifact set

if you DO want to look at the full list, it's here: https://scryfall.com/sets/brr?as=grid&order=set

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

HootTheOwl posted:

The TCG player chart says there's been a gradual decline since a pandemic high

yeah they've gone down. his video title is "REVISED DUAL LANDS CRASH 50% IN 30 DAYS". but just taking a look at the price for underground sea the past 30 days on TCGPlayer NM cards go for around $750, LP goes for $600ish

Toshimo posted:

You might be a mod elsewhere, but not here, so maybe lay off the backseat modding, especially when you're wrong and flying in the face of the majority of posters. People get to have opinions and nobody attacked OP or was mean to them, they objected to the content of the link, and the way it was posted, which are valid criticisms and valid ways to post in the thread.

I don't like SaffronOlive, but I don't respond when people post him, because he's not harmful to the community.

Rudy is a scammer and profiting off rubes. He's bad for the game, the community, and his viewers. That deserves a response, especially when it's just a rando link posted with no comment/context.
if nudging people to report posts instead of continuing with this dumb derail counts as backseat modding then i'll take the probe. considering the entire derail is entirely about people trying to backseat mod this thread and pressuring people into going along with it. if you don't like rudy and think his videos should be banned then message a tg mod about it. otherwise just ignore the one video?

i'll stop posting about it now but again if you're that upset about rudy (or saffronolive) being in here you can PM leperflesh.

Simply Simon posted:

I can't believe that "describe your links as a courtesy" is controversial but otoh I've read even dumber arguments itt so actually I can

Even if you don't care about courtesy, describing what the link is makes it much more likely that people click it anyway
honestly if the OP had done that, it probably would have just avoided the whole derail.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

if you DO want to look at the full list, it's here: https://scryfall.com/sets/brr?as=grid&order=set

Sheesh there are some serious bangers

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Toshimo posted:

:aloom: I have changed my stance. Don’t ignore, always engage, don’t hold back.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

FWIW, duals aren't tanking, Rudy is just trying to scoop up cheap cards from panic sellers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Toshimo posted:

toshimo complaining about backseat modding :ironicat:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I made Day 2 of the Arena Open first try with what I thought was an extremely mediocre pool, but UB with Bolas's Clutches and Eldest Reborn was good enough to get me there. Let's hope I don't miss the window tomorrow.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Katana Gomai posted:

FWIW, duals aren't tanking, Rudy is just trying to scoop up cheap cards from panic sellers

Yeah I checked MTGstocks and the only activity I saw in the recent updates was Savannah and Taiga, trending up.

Han Yolo
Feb 14, 2012
I like Rudy and watched the video without Adblock, contributing to his evil. Thanks for posting it in the thread!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Han Yolo posted:

I like Rudy and watched the video without Adblock, contributing to his evil. Thanks for posting it in the thread!

Someone should post every new Rudy video.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Rudy is an rear end in a top hat, but I do occasionally watch his videos to get an idea of what diseased finance brains are thinking at the moment.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Serf posted:

Rudy is an rear end in a top hat butt

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sickening posted:

:aloom: I have changed my stance. Don’t ignore, always engage, don’t hold back.

That's not a change in your stance

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What happens when you equip a temporary creature with equipment and then it stops being a creature?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What happens when you equip a temporary creature with equipment and then it stops being a creature?

The equipment clatters to the ground as the magic animating the thing ceases, and there's some drama but nothing else.
The equipment isn't equipped anymore.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh I see the problem since I am phone app posting it auto previews youtube links for me and I forgot it might not do that on the web 1.0 forums

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Koirhor posted:

Oh I see the problem since I am phone app posting it auto previews youtube links for me and I forgot it might not do that on the web 1.0 forums

I'm also on a phone app

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Koirhor posted:

Maybe you shouldn’t post it on your Gibson my goon

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
A couple of channels have started cracking boxes and even though it's a small sample size there's a few patterns emerging;

Collector's Boxes all seem to have 9 to 11 unique transformers. The duplicates are all foil/shattered glass variants.

It's possible Wizards collated the printing to drive down the chances of getting both sides of the meld cards in a single box. Even in the collector's boxes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I watched Askrias open 6 boxes(at 2x speed) and he got two mightstone/weakstone halves, a titania half, and a mishra half. that's it, no complete melds. total bullshit

and yeah, the transformers are 1 per collector pack, with the possibility of foil versions, not sure if the shattered glass ones can be foil too. the shattered glass ones look amazing though, aside from, you know, being shattered glass versions. wish they'd put that amount of effort into the regular ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shattered Glass can be foil at an absurdly small chance.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
According to the article about what comes in each type of booster:

quote:

Transformers Shattered Glass cards are only found in The Brothers' War Collector Boosters—roughly 12% of Collector Boosters contain one. While non-foil Shattered Glass Transformers cards are printed in all languages Collector Boosters are available in, foil Shattered Glass Transformers cards are printed in English and they appear in Collector Boosters of any language. Foil Shattered Glass Transformers are tough to open—you're about as likely to open a foil Shattered Glass Transformer as you were a neon ink Hidetsugu (of any color) in Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

A couple of channels have started cracking boxes and even though it's a small sample size there's a few patterns emerging;

Collector's Boxes all seem to have 9 to 11 unique transformers. The duplicates are all foil/shattered glass variants.

It's possible Wizards collated the printing to drive down the chances of getting both sides of the meld cards in a single box. Even in the collector's boxes.

To hell with the melds, I want some of those blueprint artifacts with the old border. What's the drop rate on those?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jiro posted:

To hell with the melds, I want some of those blueprint artifacts with the old border. What's the drop rate on those?

It's in this article:

16% out of Set/Draft boosters. All the retro cards have old border, whether or not they're schematic art.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Koirhor posted:

Just don’t do drive-by linking of videos with no context. This isn’t hard

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

whydirt posted:

Just don’t do drive-by linking of videos with no context. This isn’t hard

https://youtu.be/8MeiKOVB1Jg

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

from a product design perspective, it's probably a smarter way to accomplish what the neon ink printing was designed to do. making two parallel cosmetic upgrades which intersect at a vanishingly low rate is much less prescriptive than "here's a distinct unique printing of a single card that's kind of it's own thing and doesn't intersect with any other printing styles, and there's only 50 of them, go nuts folks"

from a consumer perspective, honestly at this point I can't even muster an ironic lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

This is what it looks like on my phone

Didn’t realize the video previews weren’t showing up for most people so I assumed the links were self explanatory