Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Mushrooman posted:

There’s a min/max way to do it (greys are 50% off) but in my experience it’s just best to dump all your credits every day upgrading cards you like. The more you upgrade, the faster you’ll finish your collection.

It's this.

The only thing to keep in mind is that there is a "Upgrade X Cards" season pass goal, so if you've locked yourself into a situation where you only have expensive upgrades left, that could be annoying but honestly that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for the answers.

Also btw, did things change with the release of the game? I know people were kinda down on the game during the beta but I was only loosely following the thread.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

poe meater posted:

Also btw, did things change with the release of the game? I know people were kinda down on the game during the beta but I was only loosely following the thread.

Maybe someone who was in the beta can provide more detail, but AFAIK they tested an event that was basically like a gacha lootbox and people extremely hated it. They removed that event, pledged to never do it again, and that they would not be adding any additional monetization mechanisms to the game from here.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

They took out that awful gacha system and made the weeklies more manageable so the monetization isn’t as bad as it was.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mushrooman posted:

Wouldn’t quicksilver and domino be good for this strategy or is that too greedy? It all but guarantees that your heavies are at the bottom, but then again I’m not good at math.

You want to play Jubilee as soon as possible, preferably on turn 4. You draw seven cards from 12 by turn 4. If you run Quicksilver and Domino, you only have five draws from 10 cards to find Jubilee. Percentage-wise that's 8.33% less, so it's exactly equivalent to drawing one less card from your deck.

Quicksilver and Domino appeal to inexperienced players because they like to play cards and want to always be doing something, but experienced players recognise that they're traps because they are mediocre stat lines for their cost and have no other abilities. Domino doesn't even hugely affect your curve. You draw five cards from 12 by turn 2. If you have three 2-drops in your deck, which is normal for a deck that wants to curve, then your odds of drawing at least one of them in your first five cards are slightly over 80%. It's just not worth giving up playing a better card in four games out of five so you can play a bad card in the fifth.

Go RV! posted:

The only thing to keep in mind is that there is a "Upgrade X Cards" season pass goal, so if you've locked yourself into a situation where you only have expensive upgrades left, that could be annoying but honestly that's it.

Which, to follow up on another question, is why you should always make the most expensive upgrade you can when you're not completing that specific mission. It not only leaves you with more cheap upgrades available for it, it also gives you extra grey cards whenever you manage to split.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 6, 2022

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Jedit posted:

Quicksilver and Domino

Thanks for this. I didn’t take into account that it also makes Jubilee harder to draw. I’m not good at the math so I just had to rely on vibes.

And I co-sign the “biggest upgrade first” method. Personally when I make a deck I choose the lowest quality variant I want to use for each card and then upgrade as I play until I have a full infinite deck. The fully upgraded cards are really nice to look at.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Just had an odd sequence go off. Turn three, Cloning Vats reveals with no cards in play. I have priority and play Morph into Vats, which copies a Spider-Woman and puts a SW into my hand (which for the record, I don't have in this deck). My opponent also plays a card into Vats, which flips to reveal another Morph, who copies the SW in my hand that I just copied via my own Morph/Vats combo. Their SW goes off, hitting my SW, leaving the location at 7-6 in their favor. They went on to win.

I think all those interactions ultimately went how you'd expect, but man what a weird series of events leading to a disadvantage at that location.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Got Killmonger pretty early in pool 2, woohoo! Running a semi destroy /reveal deck with the cloning vats meta

# (1) Nova
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Storm
# (3) Groot
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sZnNiYW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHcm9vdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Carnage/Guardians/Wolfsbane are fun with the cloning vats because the buffed version goes back in your hand. Nova is a fun card to clone for obvious reasons with Killmonger as a backup activation for potentially multiple Novas as well as the usual messing with the opponent's board.
I just started trying out Storm and she's fun, the fact that she shuts down Vats can mess with people (I didn't realize she actually replaces the effect of the zone). Storm into Jessica or one of the Guardians is fun, Lizard placed before Storm can pressure them in a pinch too.
This is rough and can probably use some fine tuning / better cards later in the pool. Enchantress seemed like a decent tech, Odin made sense as a final card but his anti synergy with Carnage makes me feel like I should try something else.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Bucky Barnes + Carnage with Cloning Vats is just brutal. Drop Bucky three times, finish off with Carnage. Then play Bucky and Carnage again.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Got a few cards in pool 2 now, they're all destroy related and this deck archetype feels like garbage unless you draw carnage at which point you probably win? There's just no consistency at all, you have one card that actually works, deathklok helps but he just isn't anywhere near as good.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 6, 2022

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
First time running into a Nexus and got a raw deal with Strangeland and the one that transforms itself into another spot but still pulled it off

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scoss posted:

Maybe someone who was in the beta can provide more detail, but AFAIK they tested an event that was basically like a gacha lootbox and people extremely hated it. They removed that event, pledged to never do it again, and that they would not be adding any additional monetization mechanisms to the game from here.

Yeah it was spending gold on loot boxes with a new card and a couple higher pool ones in it but mostly you just got credits. It was extremely unpopular, got reversed after like a week and they refunded anything anyone had spent and gave us all the new cards for free (Jane Foster)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyone else unable to raise their collection level right now? I raise it, try to claim my reward, the game says that ti can't do that right now, try again in a few minutes.. so I restart my game and all the boosters and credits are refunded and the card is back where I first had it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Trying to make my first lockdown deck, comments appreciated!

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Armor
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Spectrum
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGVjdHJ1bSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2tveWUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Kind of unsure about having 2 6 point cards and might swap out infininaut, but having sunspot and JJ I think it might be a good combo.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Anyone else unable to raise their collection level right now? I raise it, try to claim my reward, the game says that ti can't do that right now, try again in a few minutes.. so I restart my game and all the boosters and credits are refunded and the card is back where I first had it.

Yeah it happened for me both when the app needed to be updated and at a different time it just started working again.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Einwand posted:

Got a few cards in pool 2 now, they're all destroy related and this deck archetype feels like garbage unless you draw carnage at which point you probably win? There's just no consistency at all, you have one card that actually works, deathklok helps but he just isn't anywhere near as good.

I've only messed around with destroy a bit, but I think the idea is that Destroy isn't so much an archetype on its own, but it's a few key cards that synergize well to fill out a deck. Like cards with a good On Reveal (ie Forge) but weak body, etc.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Tender Bender posted:

I've only messed around with destroy a bit, but I think the idea is that Destroy isn't so much an archetype on its own, but it's a few key cards that synergize well to fill out a deck. Like cards with a good On Reveal (ie Forge) but weak body, etc.

No, it’s an archetype. You have cards like Bucky where there is absolutely no reason to play them except focusing on destroy like Bucky Barnes, Nova, Angel, Deadpool, Death, etc.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is there anywhere in the game to see your win/loss or played stats or anything?

Are there a lot of bots in the initial pool or are some people just insanely bad at the game? I’ve played enough to clear the season pass through to rank ~70 and get my collection rank up into the 100s or so over the last 4/5 days and I’m still seeing some absolutely baffling play from opponents every now and then.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

uXs posted:

Bucky Barnes + Carnage with Cloning Vats is just brutal. Drop Bucky three times, finish off with Carnage. Then play Bucky and Carnage again.

I had someone drop this on me earlier today, big L for me

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I was riding high on Bucky+Carnage then my opponent dropped a turn 6 Shang-Chi on me and I ate poo poo.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Lumbermouth posted:

I was riding high on Bucky+Carnage then my opponent dropped a turn 6 Shang-Chi on me and I ate poo poo.

Yeah you do need to calculate, especially if it has been snapped.

It does help to have your own Chang-Chi. And Killmonger.

Finally got platinum.

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

Welp, I thought pool 3 didn't start until the caches so I ended up getting Ghost rider and Lockjaw on the first pool 3 cards before the caches start. Can Ghost rider or Lockjaw fit in a deck without any further pool 3 stuff?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dropping Okoye into Bar Sinister is kind of hilarious and watching my opponent retreat as soon as I did it gave me a good laugh.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I was playing against someone and we seemed pretty even but as soon as i accidentally snapped while he was revealing his cards he retreated.

then there was this opponent who i felt bad for.

I played Cable and took a Rock from his deck. He played Morph and it turned into the rock i got. He then Played Jubilee and pulled another rock from his deck. I commented "I dont Believe You" and he commented "Arrgggh" so I at least knew it was a human. Didnt snap and didnt retreat, but felt bad lol

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Alright, just had the worst beat of all time. Opponent was revealing first on Cloning Vats and turned it into Death's Domain with Scarlet Witch and it killed my Hulk Bustered Vulture that I was putting back down there with Iron Fist.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I had one where my opponent beat me with Scarlet Witch as the last card but she turned it into Bar with No Name

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I planned to hang back in Pool 2 and push to 80, but after having Leader dropped on me two games in a row on turn 6 I take it I am fully in Pool 3 now?

edit: currently at 481. I've seen different numbers for Pool 3.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

KungFu Grip posted:

First time running into a Nexus and got a raw deal with Strangeland and the one that transforms itself into another spot but still pulled it off

Wait til you drop a Green Goblin on Nexus on turn 2, it's got to be the rudest move in Marvel Snap

edit: wait wrong one, sorry, I meant the location that's "if you have no cards here, +1 energy each turn"

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I don't think there is a clear boundary between pools like many seem to think. Late pool 2 players can get matched against early pool 3 players.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

BoldFace posted:

I don't think there is a clear boundary between pools like many seem to think. Late pool 2 players can get matched against early pool 3 players.

I think if there is it's just between pool 1 and pool 2.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

BoldFace posted:

Yeah I definitely faced some pool 3 cards (Magneto not from random card gen) and I know I'm a few cards short of completing pool 2. Still haven't pulled Killmonger...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

goferchan posted:

I think if there is it's just between pool 1 and pool 2.

There is not. I can confirm.

It depends on how populated the player pool is at the time.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
HAHAHHAHA this loving bozo snapped me with the whole plan of dropping turn 6 Infinaut on The Nexus. Even if I didn't witch it, it wouldn't have remotely worked...

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Quackles posted:

There is not. I can confirm.

It depends on how populated the player pool is at the time.

Yeah it would make sense that since there are probably a lot more players at the pool 1-2 border than the 2-3 border, there would be less crossover on the former and more on the latter.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just entered pool 2 without credits to upgrade stuff. I’m glad the new season is starting soon so I can get those sweet boosters/credits. I’m playing against much better decks - first unlock was infinaut, not sure what I can do with this guy.

Zoo and Moon Girl/Devil Dino decks still seem like the most consistent option for me.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Kaddish posted:

I just entered pool 2 without credits to upgrade stuff. I’m glad the new season is starting soon so I can get those sweet boosters/credits. I’m playing against much better decks - first unlock was infinaut, not sure what I can do with this guy.

Zoo and Moon Girl/Devil Dino decks still seem like the most consistent option for me.

Infinaut is really good at being in your hand with Jubilee,

Getting KtfO'd by Shang-Chi,

and getting duplicated by Leader.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

man this game is really fun. i hope they eventually add puzzle challenges/campaigns like hearthstone had, those were always enjoyable. so far i've got zoo (fell out of usefulness pretty quickly, unfortunately), a discard/destroy deck and one that tries to do as much offense as possible (still need hobgoblin), but this is my favorite right now:

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Multiple Man
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Vulture
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Heimdall
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS3JhdmVuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik11bHRpcGxlTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIZWltZGFsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmx1ZU1hcnZlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVnVsdHVyZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRG9jdG9yU3RyYW5nZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVRdWVlbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbkFtZXJpY2EifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25GaXN0In1dfQ==
#

Heimdall is a such a wonderful 'gently caress you' card to play on the final turn. bait them into defending on every location, get MM/Vulture on the right, then slam everybody hard left at the end and overwhelm ant man and his puny friends. i could probably slot Hulk Buster in there somewhere but i'm not sure what to take out.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't think there's anything more satisfying than Turn 4 Spider-Man into Avengers Compound

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Playing armor into nova bucky has gotten me so many retreats and is also teaching me what not to do when playing destroy decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Just pulled Patriot, what's the best way to use this guy? I only have like 5 vanilla cards, which leaves me an entire half of a deck to do something else with