Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Misclick. Woops.

e;

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
It’s an expression of Payne

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

King Carnivore posted:

lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

christmas boots posted:

You can do terrible things to Kim. There's the infamous failed authority check at the church but you can also call-in to his favorite radio show and and say fascist things, then ask for the DJ to shout out your friend Kim, resulting in Kim also being branded as a fascist and the both of you told never to listen to his show again

I've seen this and could never ever go through with it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
He doesn’t take it well. It might be the single worst thing I did

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Wittgen posted:

Being fascist doesn't make Kim hate you. He's a cop, and in end, he cares far more for the fact that you're a fellow cop and good at your job than he does about you having distasteful politics.

Ultimately the game doesn't have anything particularly insightful or impressive to say about fascism though. The fascist thought was something like, fascism is just about misogyny.

iirc Kim very much reacts negatively to you being racist (both at the moment going like "what the gently caress", and mechanically by losing Kim Points with him), but not every fascist line is classified as racist (though all racist lines are considered fascist, I think). Generally speaking, Kim doesn't care about your ideology provided you don't *make a scene* out of it. Being racist is the one belief that'll lower his opinion of you even if you try to keep it on the down low, but since in the end the Kim-liking-you mechanic is a numbers game it's still possible for him to personally respect you if you manage to get on his good side outside all the racism. Then again, even if he does end up hating your guts, the two main moments where that comes into play (warning him during the tribunal and calling him to dance) can still be cleared with enough luck, so it's technically possible to complete a racist playthrough facing very few consequences.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It helps that the stakes of this particular case are high enough that he can't afford just to tell you to gently caress off

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/bearshome_art/status/1587569501071081472

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0qMM5XkMQw

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Almost as good as the original video

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

King Carnivore posted:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Made this today when I saw a picture of my favorite hockey player from my favorite era of my favorite team.

"Mr. Lamiorello is helping me find my Stanley Cup."

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Wittgen posted:

Being fascist doesn't make Kim hate you. He's a cop, and in end, he cares far more for the fact that you're a fellow cop and good at your job than he does about you having distasteful politics.

Ultimately the game doesn't have anything particularly insightful or impressive to say about fascism though. The fascist thought was something like, fascism is just about misogyny.

The running theme about fascism being about freezing time was sad and interesting. But it was kind of redundant that all the fascist civilians were incels. There's almost as many women who support fasism, show me that broken character

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

je1 healthcare posted:

The running theme about fascism being about freezing time was sad and interesting. But it was kind of redundant that all the fascist civilians were incels. There's almost as many women who support fasism, show me that broken character

The problem there is, well... Harry can directly bring up that the best person to talk to on his vision quest is a women and his fascist thoughts shut it down hard because the essence of fascist Harry makes him unable to take advice from women. Fascism is an incoherent aesthetic of victimhood... honestly, Plaisance would probably be a good fit for it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey so... I only got the game up for the first time on my very non-gamer laptop so I have something to play, and it runs well and is pretty cool!

I'm now stuck trying to get the body down. I've examined everything around and got the ammonia which still didn't prevent puking. I'm pretty sure Kim said we can come back in 30 minutes when the wind changes. I came back later and there's still nothing to do. I do have the bolt cutters and from some quick googling, it seems Kim can try to shoot it down? I don't have any dialog options to trigger anything like that though.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You can beat the game without actually retrieving the body so if you can't get your poo poo together just yet maybe work some other angle on the case and come back when you can.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mobby_6kl posted:

Hey so... I only got the game up for the first time on my very non-gamer laptop so I have something to play, and it runs well and is pretty cool!

I'm now stuck trying to get the body down. I've examined everything around and got the ammonia which still didn't prevent puking. I'm pretty sure Kim said we can come back in 30 minutes when the wind changes. I came back later and there's still nothing to do. I do have the bolt cutters and from some quick googling, it seems Kim can try to shoot it down? I don't have any dialog options to trigger anything like that though.

You must compress your poo poo before venturing forth.

Incidentally, there is a Thought in your Thought Cabinet which takes 30 minutes to complete

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sebzilla posted:

You must compress your poo poo before venturing forth.

Incidentally, there is a Thought in your Thought Cabinet which takes 30 minutes to complete
I thought you were joking for a moment but yep it's there :v:

Mantis42 posted:

You can beat the game without actually retrieving the body so if you can't get your poo poo together just yet maybe work some other angle on the case and come back when you can.
Oh good to know, I'll give it a shot, literally, and we'll see. I think I've explored all I can before I get all racist to get into the harbor

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

That is basically your (bad) tutorial introduction to how thoughts work.

While you are looking at the inventory screen don't forget to look closely at the inventory and notice that some of the stuff is just 'there' and some stuff needs to be put in one of your hands to give you a bonus.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

je1 healthcare posted:

Does Measurehead not count as a fascist? I haven't done the fascist vision quest so I don't know if he's just a regular racist or fash.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Staltran posted:

Does Measurehead not count as a fascist? I haven't done the fascist vision quest so I don't know if he's just a regular racist or fash.

he is no ordinary fascist

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Measurehead is a buffoon but the game seems to respect him on some level

like all the fascists are ridiculous and sad but he's got his life together (?) in a way the others do not

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think the game has pity for him, in the way that a self-hating Jew might elicit pity.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Vegetable posted:

I think the game has pity for him, in the way that a self-hating Jew might elicit pity.

my read is:

The game thinks Measurehead is ridiculous, it pities Rene, it has extreme contempt for Gary and *absolute contempt* for the Racist Lorry Driver

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The game has a smidgin of respect for any character who believes in something and wants to change the world according to that belief. Conversely it has pity/contempt for any character who professes to believe in something but only to mask their own failings or as an excluse to act in a way they want to (this includes Harry).

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Rene has pride and doesn't give a poo poo about anyones, even the games, pity. He is very interesting!
Definitely seems to be meant as a mirror image of the sniper and how they have moved on after defeat/loss..

Rene in a different life would have made an upstanding Communist.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

MariusLecter posted:

Definitely seems to be meant as a mirror image of the sniper and how they have moved on after defeat/loss..

yeah, that’s why the sniper never shot him, despite saving that bullet specifically for him all those years. It’d be like shooting himself. It would also be the end of another antique from the revolutionary era that he can not and will not move on from.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

René is far more admirable then that man

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gaius Marius posted:

René is far more admirable then that man

Definitely way more interesting to talk to also. Someone with a helluva lot of self respect as opposed to someone just plain unpleasant.

Still laughing at the sniper saying he can walk around town and everyone assumes he's just another antisocial bum. My dude, that's cause it's s exactly what you are.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

King Carnivore posted:

yeah, that’s why the sniper never shot him, despite saving that bullet specifically for him all those years. It’d be like shooting himself. It would also be the end of another antique from the revolutionary era that he can not and will not move on from.

Ngl I found that legitimately heartbreaking

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Definitely way more interesting to talk to also. Someone with a helluva lot of self respect as opposed to someone just plain unpleasant.

Still laughing at the sniper saying he can walk around town and everyone assumes he's just another antisocial bum. My dude, that's cause it's s exactly what you are.

He means the government isn't actively looking for communists anymore.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Sankara posted:

He means the government isn't actively looking for communists anymore.

He means that the (insert adjectives here) fools around him can't recognize the knight of communism still in their midst, poised to strike another blow for the revolution. Any day now.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I would have liked to see Rene's take on the sniper.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
I think he’d have mad respect for him, one antique soldier to another. I think he’d admire that he never surrendered and is still living the fight.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I think he’d do nothing but insult the sniper and talk about how he should have been put down like a dog, but in a weird, almost admiring way

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

christmas boots posted:

I think he’d do nothing but insult the sniper and talk about how he should have been put down like a dog, but in a weird, almost admiring way

Exactly the same way the Dros talks about Rene. Makes sense.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

It’s the old man seething respectful hate. Y’all not spend any time around WWII vets? My grandpa was on Guadalcanal with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Basilone in there you’ll see a line with only two other marines left standing (one was my grandpa). He would talk about the Japanese that way.

They extremely nailed it with Rene / The sniper.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
there's nothing that sort of old man loves more than an easily identifiable enemy

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Staltran posted:

Yes, and while he has no trouble getting women he is also obsessed with his semen and continuing his bloodline

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pattonesque posted:

there's nothing that sort of old man loves more than an easily identifiable enemy

There’s that, but I think on some level Dros also recognizes that to kill Rene means to possibly kill the last person in the world who understands the world they both miss — the world that made sense to both of them. Once he dies, that world, that past really is gone forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It’s a shame Rene never knew about him. He would have been so happy