Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

Rizzo back to the Cubs, Trea Turner to an 8 year deal, Christopher Morel extension. Get it done.

This might actually get me to go to Wrigley next year.

Didn't go to a single ballgame in my own city. Only one was Pride Night at Target Field. Not nearly enough based balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rizzo did say he wanted to stay in NY. Of course why wouldn’t you? Obviously he wants to get one last big contract and keeping the Yankees in that makes sense. I basically expected her opt out as long as he had a relatively healthy and productive season. And he can sell is weird consistency with the shift ban helping him. So yeah. He wants to get paid. We’ll see.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

Rizzo did say he wanted to stay in NY. Of course why wouldn’t you? Obviously he wants to get one last big contract and keeping the Yankees in that makes sense. I basically expected her opt out as long as he had a relatively healthy and productive season. And he can sell is weird consistency with the shift ban helping him. So yeah. He wants to get paid. We’ll see.

I wonder what the Yankees think about Rizzo. His WAR was only 2.3 this season with pretty bad D but the eye test looks better than that.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1589076887787433985

If there's no punishment for leaning into a pitch, then players should be doing this poo poo constantly.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
https://twitter.com/PurpleAndGold/status/1589263846010912768?t=1AWymV9C65gRe8muYLTdnA&s=19

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Offseason and the Mariners are good and only have 2 or 3 real holes to fill.

What is this????

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What is this????

Misplaced hope!

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Was it Maldonado that was doing the little thing where he would scoot forward in the batters box mid-windup too to throw off the pitcher 🤣

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Red posted:

If there's no punishment for leaning into a pitch, then players should be doing this poo poo constantly.

Rizzo is a master at that.

I see what Maldy did as the same as a basketball player flopping or a wide receiver trying to convince he caught a ball that touched the ground. Shady but up to the umps/referees to call em out on it. What Diaz did in Game 1 was much more of a lean-in and he was rightly called out on it.

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 6, 2022

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What is this????

Mariners are the biggest threat to take down the Astros. Maybe the Blue Jays as well but that's it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Red posted:

That's not really leaning in though, if anything the batter pulls his arm back so he gets plunked. This is the risk of throwing inside to a guy who's standing right on top of the plate. :shrug:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
agreed he didn't lean in. he made zero attempt to get out of the way and in fact acted as to increase his chances of getting hit, which is not supposed to get you a base. like lift your left arm and that's just a ball. but hey seems to have worked out for them

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
while I am not happy about this WS outcome, it still warrants saying gently caress The Yankees

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Aaron Judge's contract will be a horrible albatross before the ink dries, and I hope the Giants sign him anyway.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
While I agree he's not trying to get out of the way, I've seen a lean in called (obviously this series but also before that) but I have never, once, seen a man get called for not putting enough effort into dodging the pitch

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just spent 250 on Astros gear, no regrets.

Fellow Astros fans, what memorabilia did you get?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Congratulations to back to back World Series champion Will Smith

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kirios posted:

Posted this in the GDT but besides a hoodie and t shirt got one of these to frame and hang up:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I got the 3/4 sleeve shirt, white and orange polo, couple of hats and a gift box for my dad.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

fast cars loose anus posted:

Posted this in the GDT but besides a hoodie and t shirt got one of these to frame and hang up:

Sheesh that's pretty. Purchased one of those as well

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

that looks badass im gonna get one

Goathead
Mar 28, 2003

Yeah, I saw a guys head spin. Like right off his neck. Why? Because I punched him. Top that!

Are these available online or so I need to go to the team store to get one?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Goathead posted:

They're available online but $80? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Unlike the last time we won a series, I have a well-paying job and can splurge now

I seriously considered the framed pictures that have world series dirt and pieces of a base and ball in them but felt too ridiculous. The print is a nice compromise.

Goathead posted:

I got all my stuff online I'm not in Houston

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1589371130225184769

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can afford it I'm just extremely frugal is all

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

has an opt out, a full NTC and a 6th year option per Passan

e: meant to edit, not quote

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

thats a lot for a position that has a 50/50 chance of making GBS threads the bed every year

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Closers are like kickers where its often a bad idea to sign them long term but if you mess up and don't and they go be ballers somewhere else your fanbase hates you

also they're like kickers in that if yours sucks you'll do literally anything to get a good one and not have to worry about that aspect of the game

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They probably would have gotten killed if they lost him so what can you do? And it theoretically provides some buffer space if they don’t resign DeGrom. At least they’ll be able to point to Diaz and say “we’re willing to spend”. I dunno.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Kirios posted:

Quarter Zip Pullover, Champs hat, wife will get a Yuli WS Champ jersey, I'll get some dress socks if I can find them.

I'm also going to do my damndest to get a print of that Chas Picture and get it signed.

I'm going to Philly for Army-Navy in a few weeks and I gotta be DECKED OUT

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Uncle Stevie isn't loving around.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Wow Diaz. Mets not playing.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

The most important quote from this article - the Astros had a trade for Wilson Contreras agreed upon and Dusty nixed it.

quote:

The Astros and Chicago Cubs were in agreement on a trade to send star catcher Willson Contreras to the Astros for starter Jose Urquidy, four sources familiar with the deal told ESPN. The straight-up trade was agreed upon, pending owner approval. That approval never came.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34957984/2022-world-series-how-dusty-baker-astros-beat-phillies

Edit: JFC - I'm very glad this wrapped up in 6.

quote:

"Me, Yuli and Altuve all would've been out of the lineup tomorrow," Bregman said to Brantley after the game.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 7, 2022

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Kirios posted:

Nice!

Nothing yet, but I will probably get some shirts and a hat tomorrow. In 2017 I went to Academy in person. What are you guys using as an online option?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

Nice!

Nothing yet, but I will probably get some shirts and a hat tomorrow. In 2017 I went to Academy in person. What are you guys using as an online option?

fanatics

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Guess I get the Mets seemingly nailing Diaz down for the year or two before he probably blows up but seems like an awful lot for the privilege. Then again, maybe they have just decided to take the cap off this year? NL East is gonna be weird next season.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Nice!

I was on the mlb shop, your mileage may vary esp if you're deal hunting

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Sab0921 posted:

fanatics

Was browsing there, thanks.

I was on the mlb shop, your mileage may vary esp if you're deal hunting

Yeah. Thanks, guys.

I wish they had a blue shirt with a little orange on it (kinda like the blue jerseys with rainbow stripes under the arms that they just won it all in last night).

Edit: that's a pretty good blue shirt, nice!

LongTimeFirstTime fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Was browsing there, thanks.

Yeah. Thanks, guys.

I wish they had a blue shirt with a little orange on it (kinda like the blue jerseys with rainbow stripes under the arms that they just won it all in last night).

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/housto...RID:i-r0c2:po-2