Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've thought about picking him up but the odd lipstick color is just weirding me out.

Did he ever get a release of his original costume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There is a Gold Label variant of this figure in his original suit but it's stupid hard to find from what I understand. He also had one in the Mattel line a couple years ago but they biffed the symbol on his chest.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 6, 2022

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I just realized my Target Outback was cancelled, those fuckers.

If anyone sees one in the wild, grab it and lemme know, please!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Shiroc posted:

I'm getting to opened up the rest of the stuff I got yesterday.

At the Gamestop I also got the Black Series Zaalbar on 50% off clearance. I don't really have affection for the character in particular but I love Wookiees and $10 for a Wookiee when I'm already buying stuff works

I'm finally reading One Piece and even though I won't get to when he shows up for a while (I'm up to the Aarlong story, volume 10) I got another Yamato because he looked cool. I do wish that the branding wasn't hosed up and that they didn't misspell The Grandline Lad on the box

These are my (Poké) balls.

The Quick Ball is the new one and probably the last one I get. They're very nice display pieces but cost a lot and are all the same thing in the different shells. They didn't even bother to update the electronics for the Master Ball, so if you press the button it will still cycle to the 'failed to catch' red color half the time.

It's annoying that they switched from the brushed metal look for the last two Poké balls. I only have the original, and I want Ultra and Great. I wish they did something with the skulpts for them so they at least the patterns were engraved or somthing.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Yeah, I was confused by why the display box for the Quick Ball looked so much worse than the others when I pulled it out. The overall presentation is really cheap and lazy for the cost. The balls themselves do look so good though that they were able to get me for the ones I have in spite of it.

The first one I got was the Master Ball because I originally thought it was dumb to have something as cheap and ubiquitous in universe as a standard Pokéball trying to be displayed like a special relic.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

im gonna do it. im gonna buy my first action figure as an adult. I have some free space in some shelves I have recently cleared in my office and I want a Joker in there. My first favorite thing I watched was Batman TAS, so I want the Batman: The Animated Series - Joker figure from Mondo. Any warnings or advice before I go plunk some cash down on this?

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 7, 2022

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

biceps crimes posted:

im gonna do it. im gonna buy my first action figure as an adult. I have some free space in some shelves I have recently cleared in my office and I want a Joker in there. My first favorite thing I watched was Batman TAS, so I want the Batman: The Animated Series - Joker figure from Mondo. Any warnings or advice before I go plunk some cash down on this?

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

biceps crimes posted:

Well you’ll have to get Batman, and Catwoman, and Mr Freeze. There will be a Harley soon as well.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

biceps crimes posted:

Any warnings or advice before I go plunk some cash down on this?

You just entered a plastic-crack den, and told us you’re about to take your first hit.

I’ll just say be careful. You’re about to embark on a dangerous journey of bad financial decisions, obsessively watching tracking numbers, and stressing over FOMO. Enjoy your stay.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

If you’re asking if Mondo’s toys are good, I think the general consensus is yes. Their soon to be released She-Ra is the first and maybe only one I’m getting personally.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Got this Mythic Legion and he’s pretty rad!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
:stare:

Would not spill his pint.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The full Sisters reveal

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I’ve always thought the paint on those Mondo figures looked bad in reviews, personally. Sloppy. Shame too, since I’d love that Mondo black variant of Batman.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

To what others have said. These can be slightly brittle. It's not going to fall apart from touching it or anything, but if you're not used to handling / manipulating figures, be a bit gentle and DO NOT force anything that does't want to move. Especially these Mondo figures. Also, rad choice!

Gripweed posted:

The full Sisters reveal

gently caress yeah! Burn the unbelievers! Also, these dudes I don't know are coming apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why is that one lady's staff an entire person?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Do you have a better idea for a staff? I think not

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aphrodite posted:

It's the image of a martyr, which inspires her Sisters to ever greater acts of religious devotion in battle

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

gently caress yeah! Burn the unbelievers! Also, these dudes I don't know are coming apparently.

A Custodian in Terminator armor, one of the Emperor's own bodyguards. In Terminator armor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only one I'm familiar with is Saint Katherine because that's a Magic card.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Anybody interested in buying any of these figures? I don't need the heralds and am keeping Nova's base for Phoenix, and I prefer the outback version of Dazzler.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Louisgod posted:

Anybody interested in buying any of these figures? I don't need the heralds and am keeping Nova's base for Phoenix, and I prefer the outback version of Dazzler.

I would definitely buy the Wolverine.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/vintage_motu/status/1589673439635570688?s=46&t=D0RPNCHdG0FYobedqVV7NQ

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cloks posted:

I would definitely buy the Wolverine.

Cool it's all yours, PM me and we'll work it out!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Wish he was a bit more bright like the vintage one, but oh yea!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I kinda hate my Monsterarts collection because they are, in aggregate, a lot of very similar spikey grey blobs, but if I actually consider each one individually to try to cut any, I can't because every Godzilla is perfect.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Depends on what you have to break things up but if it's just Godzillas then I could agree for sure, hehe. Get some silver in there with the MechaG's hehe. Go nuts with King G!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The MechaGs are actually the ones I like the least and get closest to actually being cut. The Ghidorah I had I gave away in exchange for a charity donation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
do you have a Space Godzilla? for he is the greatest Godzilla of all.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Not a joke, I would probably buy a fancy Godzilla 2000. That weird iguana looking MF.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

do you have a Space Godzilla? for he is the greatest Godzilla of all.

Don’t show me an affordable Space Godzilla, because it’ll take me down a dark road. I’ll need a Mecha and a G after that.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

monsterarts final wars godzilla looks loving incredible but i cannot justify getting into that stuff no matter how amazing they would look next to a shinkocchou seihou ultraman

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

I recognize a few of these but some I have no goddamn idea.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If someone wants to send me unwanted godzillas I will give them a home

Esp an unwanted 2019 Ghidorah….

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gripweed posted:

The full Sisters reveal

God drat it I’m going to end up getting all five, aren’t I.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Mekaneck is a good boy

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Xenomrph posted:

Stay strong, brother! I'm guessing Joytoy can probably stay in business indefinitely off the back of these things, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out ubernerd Henry C buys them a full legion at a time.

I have spent the weekend holding firm not to buy that Mythic Legion lady with all the skeleton pets, plus that incredible skeleton horse. The horse talks to me through the screen, someone please make it stop.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I love crazy religious iconography. I will admire these from afar though.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

The horse talks to me through the screen, someone please make it stop.

It'll stop if you buy it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I recognize a few of these but some I have no goddamn idea.

Old man Logan - Rogue? - Don't know - Cyclops? - Demon Slayer guy?
Mr. Manhattan - Witcher - Don't Know - Hitman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My Monsterarts are
Mechagodzilla
MechaGodzilla 2
Kiryu
Godzilla Earth
Godzilla 2000
Burning Godzilla
Jedi Ghost KOTM Godzilla
G'14 Spitfire Godzilla
KOTM Burning Godzilla
BIOLLANTE
Godzilla vs Biollante Godzilla
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 poster art colors Godzilla
Against Mechagodzilla Godzilla
GMK Godzilla
Final Wars
King Kong vs Godzilla Godzilla
Godzilla vs Kong Godzilla

I also have neca Godzilla vs Mothra Godzilla and a bunch of other sofubi ones that have neat colors