Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

He’s going full lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
At least Lowtax made the creation he hated. Imagine if someone else ran SA, Lowtax came in, bought it, and then went insane.

Lowtax was a downright reasonable and understanding business owner in comparison.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

smoobles posted:

The craziest part to me is ALMOST NOBODY uses Twitter.

There are 200 million active users. 20 million of them are responsible for 90% of activity. This is all well researched and 100% known to be true.

Elon Musk became so online and broke brained that he *actually believed* Twitter was the loving "town square of the Internet" whatever the hell that even means. He *actually believed* (until he got buyer's remorse) that it was worth 44 billion and he could fix it by pandering to right wing trolls, half of whom are bots/troll farms.

I can't prove this (nobody will ever know for sure) but I believe Elon looked at the Elon Musk reply bots and thought they were real people. We know for a fact that he 1) scrolls his replies 2) has an outsized perception of Twitter vs reality and 3) immediately pulled the "bots" card when he regretted the deal. This dumb fucker read bot replies and convinced himself he was the tech messiah who could save Twitter (a website with 20 million active users) and thereby save the world (population 7 billion).

What an absolute loving clown of a human.

It is a well known phenomenon that 90% of the work is done by the top 10% of people in most businesses. There are obvious variances to this, for example in the cuck community it is a well known fact that 60% of the work is done by 40% of the population. Twitter works along the same principles. On Twitter 10% perform for the enjoyment of 90% of its participants. And like cucking, that 10% should be forced to pay for that privilege.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/majamojablast/status/1589407821187407872

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Elon just announced a complete overhaul of the Twitter code and core experience. He expects TITANIUM any day next week

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

FilthyImp posted:

Jeph Jacques changed his Twitter display name to Elon Musk and was like "Hey for the last time I don't have "weird dick" ' and other great posts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jephjacques?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

He ate a ban for making fun of Elon, but here's some screenshots:

retpocileh posted:

I love new twitter.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

it's very funny how all of a sudden right-wingers understand what free speech means. "NUH UH IT'S WHEN THE GUVMENT STIFLES YOUR SPEECH" yeah jackass what have you been using "free speech" for this whole time though?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This thread has moved super fast since I've been out today but if I could I'd like to submit my guess for the "when does Elon finally kill the site" I'm gonna say that it's one of those things where the site never fully dies, but the point where Elon sells it at a loss is gonna be 4/20/23 because Elon cannot resist a good(bad) meme. Odds are before he leaves he does a Donald Trump style "quite frankly, we did win" move and says that he did clean up all the bots and made comedy safe and blah blah he totally fixed the site and isn't quitting he's merely too busy saving the world with Tesla/SpaceX to focus on Twitter.

FilthyImp posted:

Jeph Jacques changed his Twitter display name to Elon Musk and was like "Hey for the last time I don't have "weird dick" ' and other great posts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jephjacques?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

RIP to the fallen.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

it's very funny how all of a sudden right-wingers understand what free speech means. "NUH UH IT'S WHEN THE GUVMENT STIFLES YOUR SPEECH" yeah jackass what have you been using "free speech" for this whole time though?

don't worry, the free market will define free speech

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Crap, quote isn't edit.

Anyways - why do you hate free speech, Mr. Musk?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1589390597798125568

That thing I said about comedy being legal again? Scratch that. Reverse it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Question for Musk: Can I still pay money to DM a celebrity if they get permabanned for making fun of Musk??

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TwoPair posted:

This thread has moved super fast since I've been out today but if I could I'd like to submit my guess for the "when does Elon finally kill the site" I'm gonna say that it's one of those things where the site never fully dies, but the point where Elon sells it at a loss is gonna be 4/20/23 because Elon cannot resist a good(bad) meme. Odds are before he leaves he does a Donald Trump style "quite frankly, we did win" move and says that he did clean up all the bots and made comedy safe and blah blah he totally fixed the site and isn't quitting he's merely too busy saving the world with Tesla/SpaceX to focus on Twitter.

RIP to the fallen.

how come jeph isn't this funny when he makes cartoons?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ikr?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Elon Musk just personally banned webcomic creator Jeph Jacques from Twitter and made a post warning others to not gently caress with him. Feels like twitter is becoming an old school internet forum with a power tripping admin. Feels very familiar. Can't put my finger on it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

$8 as in beer, not $8 as in speech

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Because he has characters~ and art~ and stories to tell~~ or something.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's easier to poo poo post than to juggle a cast of 2 dozen characters + a neverending parade of AI fetishes

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

It's easier to poo poo post than to juggle a cast of 2 dozen characters + a neverending parade of AI fetishes

maybe he should just make cartoons about poo poo posting. He's witty as hell

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1334567538534084608?lang=en

Elon is def a lifetime bitch

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1589403131770974208

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Free speech

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

drat, this guy had 8$. must be a credible guy

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TwoPair posted:

RIP to the fallen.

So, what happens when someone tweets those tweets as screenshots? Does that count as impersonation? I'm beginning to think that this Elon Musk fellow might not have thought through his insane, hair-trigger policy changes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol has Elon considered not posting?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
holy crud i was just lookign at jephjaques twitter to read all the jokes and mid-clicking through the ban happened

took less than a day for elon to realize letting people buy checkmarks is a bad idea lol

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

kazil posted:

not even once

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

How?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let me tell you what journalism needs: democratization

Everyone, and I mean everyone, deserves an equal voice

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

QPatriotTruth1776 will be verified, thank you elon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s more incompetent than I could ever have imagined

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kazil posted:

Of course not. Dude's gonna post through it harder than anyone's ever posted through it before.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

StrangersInTheNight posted:

holy crud i was just lookign at jephjaques twitter to read all the jokes and mid-clicking through the ban happened

took less than a day for elon to realize letting people buy checkmarks is a bad idea lol

maybe having a lot of generational money doesn't mean you are a smart person

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Democracy is when you give money to rich people

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Remember it was only like, two days ago he was lashing out at all of the advertisers that Twitter relies on for funding? And now he's getting mad at people making joke accounts.

This is one of the funniest outcomes that we could have possibly hoped for.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

Let me tell you what journalism needs: democratization

Everyone, and I mean everyone, deserves an equal voice

whoa. Take it easy there fella

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

euphronius posted:

He’s more incompetent than I could ever have imagined

most I've laughed at a rich rear end in a top hat since trump was president

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Unperson_47 posted:

Democracy is when you give money to rich people

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Imagine being one of those developers coding through the night in the crater-ridden warzone hellscape of the post-bloodbath, scrambling through the weekend to get $8 Blue rolled out by Monday

And this is what it looks like on Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Elon is just a gift which keeps on giving lmao.