Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rolo posted:

https://youtu.be/xn2S6mMkyoQ

I think I’m finally gonna get my first 16:9 one of these now that they’re getting up to games and streaming apps that use it decently.

Also yo this is turning into an expensive habit haha.

I am extremely triggered by footage of Federation VS Zeon being labelled as Super Robot Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I am extremely triggered by footage of Federation VS Zeon being labelled as Super Robot Wars

I'm glad I'm not alone

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

They also labeled Elden Ring as Spider-Man. Amateurs

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They also labeled Elden Ring as Spider-Man. Amateurs

In fairness on that one, it was Spider-Man and they didn't update the label for Elden Ring.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pocket 3+ $150, sucks if you bought a 3 only for a complete and massive improvement to come along for only $30 more.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
How long does Retoid usually take between announcements, preorders and shipping? Is it going to be spring before anyone actually has one?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If I remember right the Pocket 3 was about 6 weeks from announcement to orders.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just bought a 2+ at the beginning of the year and I hardly use it. Not feeling the need for a 3+.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

2+ is completely different?

in the sense that 4:3 vs 16:9 does make the use case the same, gaming, but you won't be game steaming playing anything modern (unless it supports 4:3 res)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think Walla meant like, "I don't use a 2+ so I can't see the 3+ changing that"

I might actually go from 351M to RP3+, I wasn't actually aware the RP3 finally had L3/R3. Hope their shipping to Aus isn't too bad lol

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think Walla meant like, "I don't use a 2+ so I can't see the 3+ changing that"

This. My RP2 is primarily for Saturn and some Dreamcast games since all of my other emulation needs are covered.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah I read the post too fast, I never follow speed limits

I have been waiting on buying one of these in fear of it being a dust collector, I can use a controller with a phone mount and have most of what an rp3+ would offer there anyway, it just feels unwieldy and can't be taken anywhere without looking really dumb.

but one thing an RP3 has that the other doesn't is a widescreen, which is an entire different use case

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

RGC put up a video for Daijisho, if you're running Android you're doing yourself a disservice by not running it imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-AhfEGuMao

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Forgot I still have a PlayDate preorder and I’m losing steam towards the whole thing, prolly gonna refund and put it towards the RP3+.

It was just meant to be.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
Does the retroid setup process give you an option to not insta any of the google apps? The pocket 3+ specs look perfect to me but I don’t like android because of all the junk running in the background.

I saw that there are some third party roms but Id like to stay as close to stock as possible to not have to debug issues myself

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

neosloth posted:

Does the retroid setup process give you an option to not insta any of the google apps? The pocket 3+ specs look perfect to me but I don’t like android because of all the junk running in the background.

I saw that there are some third party roms but Id like to stay as close to stock as possible to not have to debug issues myself

You can choose not to install google play services

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

RP3+ pages are up, they are doing an upgrade kit again which is nice to see

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah that's cool, they're selling the new clear colour shells as well if you're happy with the RP3 and just want a clear case.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So is some crazy Frenchman being presented with android chips like appetizers at a fancy ball and that’s how retroid upgrades happen?

Is there even a Frenchman? Does he have a twist mustache?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How big of a difference is the new chip going to make compared to the regular RP3?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My GPD win max 2 finally shipped lol

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Looks like RP3+ orders are starting tomorrow at 7 EST. They also have discounts for the first buyers listed on the homepage.

Also PURPLE or BLUE??

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

MarcusSA posted:

My GPD win max 2 finally shipped lol

A friend of mine ordered from Droix - very interested to hear what you think. I think it's a good fit for him as he's being dumped off Stadia (!) and he's looking for something that'll still work for streaming and local stuff. He doesn't have big expectations, as he is accustomed to what you get from a Switch, so I think he's in for a good time. If nothing else the games will be cheaper.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

uiruki posted:

A friend of mine ordered from Droix - very interested to hear what you think. I think it's a good fit for him as he's being dumped off Stadia (!) and he's looking for something that'll still work for streaming and local stuff. He doesn't have big expectations, as he is accustomed to what you get from a Switch, so I think he's in for a good time. If nothing else the games will be cheaper.

Well I have a steam deck and I have the win max 1 and the steam deck is the much better cheaper choice imo.

I’m going to use this for other stuff the deck doesn’t do so well like windows games and stuff. The first revision was pretty drat good tbh so I expect the same from this.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Marcus how many devices are you up to now lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Marcus please stop buying handhelds

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm picturing Marcus's avatar, but Luigi is connecting handhelds.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
when you start running out of space because you can't stop buying this crap

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Does anyone know where Analoge ships from?
Today is the last day to change shipping info for my order, so I would presume the label will print and picking / packing will begin so shipping must be imminent. I'm too excited.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

otter posted:

Judging from how fast they get anything done, Neptune's moon

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well tbf I’ve sold two of them to other goons so really it’s

Aya Neo OG
GPD win max
Steam deck
Odin pro
GPD win max 2

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

MarcusSA posted:

Well tbf I’ve sold two of them to other goons so really it’s

Aya Neo OG
GPD win max
Steam deck
Odin pro
GPD win max 2

kirbysuperstar posted:

Marcus please stop buying handhelds

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Judging from how fast they get anything done, Neptune's moon

I genuinely laughed out loud at that. Much appreciated.
It's going to be a good week for gaming since this will ship and i should get my Mega Jet tomorrow.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you keep buying handhelds you'll have enough computing power to start your own blockchain

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

otter posted:

I genuinely laughed out loud at that. Much appreciated.
It's going to be a good week for gaming since this will ship and i should get my Mega Jet tomorrow.

Aww gently caress yeah the Mega Jet was definitely something I coveted when I learned about it

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ended friendship with PlayDate preorder.

RP3+ preorder is my new friend.

I can’t believe I’m actually going to set an alarm for one of these things lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

coconono posted:

if you keep buying handhelds you'll have enough computing power to start your own blockchain

Retro handheld block chain

Tbf i am done now.

I do have the razor handheld on preorder but that was only $5 and I’m curious how it’s going to turn out.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

otter posted:

Today is the last day to change shipping info for my order, so I would presume the label will print and picking / packing will begin so shipping must be imminent. I'm too excited.

Chino, CA

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Odins are shipping within a couple weeks now on IGG btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

MarcusSA posted:

Well I have a steam deck and I have the win max 1 and the steam deck is the much better cheaper choice imo.

I’m going to use this for other stuff the deck doesn’t do so well like windows games and stuff. The first revision was pretty drat good tbh so I expect the same from this.

It's a combination of it being Windows native and the mini-laptop form factor he was keen on, as it's replacing his old XPS 13 which finally gave up the ghost. He liked what he used of my Steam Deck and he's been into older clamshell devices - he even got the original OpenPandora way back in the day.