Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Actually I don't think they even want to rule, they'd be happy eating poo poo as long as everyone else was eating it too, so long as someone they like on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

syntaxfunction posted:

Musk fanatics and similar just want feudalism, but only if they're the rulers. That's it. They just want to be able to do whatever they want with no one saying no.

And if they just choose the right Infallible Superhuman Champion, they will be granted immortality for their loyalty and vengeance against all their posting enemies.

Heroes must be worshipped. Gods walk among us!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ubersandwich posted:

Actually I don't think they even want to rule, they'd be happy eating poo poo as long as everyone else was eating it too, so long as someone they like on top.

Actually true. A lot of people see it as noble to "know your place" but service your betters and the group as long as it's "your" group. This is why they see people who argue for things like "equity" or "maybe reform the system even like, a little" as opportunists who are trying to get somewhere they don't "belong."

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm really sad to see that comedy has once again, been banned at twitter.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

smoobles posted:

Elon Musk just personally banned webcomic creator Jeph Jacques from Twitter and made a post warning others to not gently caress with him. Feels like twitter is becoming an old school internet forum with a power tripping admin. Feels very familiar. Can't put my finger on it.

https://twitter.com/flglmn/status/1587951874933755905
https://twitter.com/flglmn/status/1587952213132976128

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

elon should have bought somethingawful

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ubersandwich posted:

you figured it out. They just want money

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

What makes you think he didn't?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

everyone in this thread hasn't been perma'd

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Endorph posted:

Would goons have helped him meet his end faster than we did lowtax, though?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

we don't have to pay $7.99 a month

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

Would goons have helped him meet his end faster than we did lowtax, though?

Elon please buy Something Awful

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

smoobles posted:

Elon Musk just personally banned webcomic creator Jeph Jacques from Twitter and made a post warning others to not gently caress with him. Feels like twitter is becoming an old school internet forum with a power tripping admin. Feels very familiar. Can't put my finger on it.

Anybody who's ever run an IRC channel or was around for the majority of this websites life is feeling waves of nostalgia.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Anybody who's ever run an IRC channel or was around for the majority of this websites life is feeling waves of nostalgia.

unironically making me want to restore my twitter account now and try to speedrun a perma

well played, melon

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

davecrazy posted:

Old school forum drama is back on the menu boys!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

lmfao

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Can't wait till he starts doxxing people.

Imagine being one of his ex wives/girlfriends and realizing he's read all your DM's, even the deleted ones.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Endorph posted:

mods change my name to Elon Musk thanks in advance

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

God drat imagine if you could just send telegrams to John D Rockefeller’s house that said “JDR SUCKS EGGS STOP” and he couldn’t stop replying to them

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Would dogecoin be the modern-day mangosteen juice?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
At this point Elon would be making more sound business decisions regarding Twitter while on half a bottle of Ambien

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Soggy Muffin posted:

At this point Elon would be making more sound business decisions regarding Twitter while on half a bottle of Ambien

Better than the current full-bottle, yes.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Soggy Muffin posted:

THAT sounds more like the Lowtax we all knew...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

Imagine being one of his ex wives/girlfriends and realizing he's read all your DM's, even the deleted ones.

I feel like most of the people he wants to get in fights with are already public but yeah that elonjet kid better watch his back.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

poo poo like this is why I love this place

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

davecrazy posted:

This is what I thought when thinking about trolling him, I didn’t have any DMs on there but my phone number was linked and in the million to one chance he decides to make my life hell, ugh no thanks.

I doubt I would hit on the perfect troll post to cause it but it could potentially happen where a billionaire doxxes me and sends his legion of brain damaged fans after me

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Elon should box Uwe Boll

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Unperson_47 posted:

Elon should box Uwe Boll

I would pay $7.99 to see that

Kale
May 14, 2010

its all nice on rice posted:

It really is amazing how many Dril tweets he's embodied since taking over.

I was kind of thinking the same thing today

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Pagliacci
@danielcrumbs

but I am pagliacci

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SLOSifl posted:

Pagliacci
@danielcrumbs

but I am pagliacci

8 dollars a month to fight yourself

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Kale posted:

I was kind of thinking the same thing today

Wonder what his Betsy Ross flag moment will be.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bobjr posted:

Wonder what his Betsy Ross flag moment will be.

probaly something south African
Green I would guess

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1589437719935340544

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
gently caress him up Cody

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol, he's such a baby about that aircraft account. Should've bought the entire aviation industry instead, I guess.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, he's such a baby about that aircraft account. Should've bought the entire aviation industry instead, I guess.

lol can you even imagine? By Sunday night the FAA would have temporarily stopped all flights because thousands are dead. Musk stans are tweeting about how they didn't like those loved ones anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

From the point of view of someone who isn’t in the technology world, all they’ve seen of Musk is the equivalent of those magazine covers from Iron Man where Tony Stark looks cool as gently caress. That was all intentional.

They didn’t hear about the constant gently caress ups of the company (often without Musk’s name attached) since and many don’t care. It’s a lot easier to mock zuckerberg’s sunscreen covered face and weird video about BBQ sauce than it is to explain why anyone should care about widespread sexual harassment and the X% chance a Tesla might explode as it smashes into a small child of color.

This Twitter story is Elmo’s first major public gently caress up in a way normies might see it in a loud way, if they don’t subscribe too hard to the GOP’s latest culture war.

If you're ever ending a sentence like this, just delete the entire sentence.