Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dreylad posted:

Yeah some of the COIN games are on TTS last I checked, although nothing by Brian Train. Here's a few:

Cuba Libre (definitely the game to start with)
Andean Abyss
Fire In The Lake

StashAugustine posted:

There's also VASSAL which is free and better for a lot of wargames imo; it's a bit clumsy to use but doesn't have to mess around with TTS' weird physics. Pretty sure the entire COIN series is on there

Thanks! I will check these out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The COIN games also have pretty open bot rules for solo play, since there's no hidden information

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

do note, however, that if you play board games with bots you're a loving nerd and should get dunked on

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I'm glad he seems to have fully recovered, but I was wondering when Dolan was going to catch covid given all the traveling he has to do.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yeah im impressed that he just now got his first bout, thought he'd have gotten got from some of those bar meetups/live shows

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
we've learned that an action being stupid doesn't mean we should rule it out of hand. anyway, it's stupid for these western countries to blow up the pipeline so they didn't do it :psyduck:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Greg Legg posted:

I'm glad he seems to have fully recovered, but I was wondering when Dolan was going to catch covid given all the traveling he has to do.

Dolan is my boy, but I do wonder how and why they're in a different country like every other month.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
would if I could

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hadji murad posted:

would if I could

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it sounds like they've had a lot of trouble getting permanent residence for dolan in NZ, and i can't imagine they want to live in the US, given that they haven't taken that option. there was also the failed attempt to get irish nationality. so... gotta wander the earth.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

wasn't there some trouble with getting his wife residency in the US? i get the impression that dolan's incredibly bad at paperwork and that they keep loving up some kind of documentation

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

V. Illych L. posted:

wasn't there some trouble with getting his wife residency in the US? i get the impression that dolan's incredibly bad at paperwork and that they keep loving up some kind of documentation

If I had to guess, I don't think they spend enough time in the US for him to sponsor Katherine's green card. But I don't think they really want to live in either the US or New Zealand.

If they've decided to stay in Italy permanently, they really ought to hire an attorney to help grease the wheels because drat

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

I wonder the same thing. Their Irish citizenship story always boggled my mind a little since the Irish General Registry is notoriously extremely helpful and thorough in trying to find Irish grandparents in old records. If the relative ever popped up on a census that can also count and Church record is usable if the GRO does a search and finds that that there was no civil permit issued but a church permit was.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"mr dolan your application is just sixty pages of poems written about the Great Game, care to respond?"

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao Mark.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lessail posted:

we've learned that an action being stupid doesn't mean we should rule it out of hand. anyway, it's stupid for these western countries to blow up the pipeline so they didn't do it :psyduck:

i feel bad for him. being wrong in february seems to have broken his brain a little

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Fly Molo posted:

i feel bad for him. being wrong in february seems to have broken his brain a little

Should've known it would come to this when they were all "WE. WERE. WRONG." You're podcasters! You didn't cause it to happen!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
im thinking about maybe posting someone had compiled in the succzone… i’ll post it here too

e: this one https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3958552&pagenumber=7164&perpage=40#post526581462

Phone has issued a correction as of 01:29 on Oct 23, 2022

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

RWN has a chip on its shoulder about pundits refusing to acknowledge their Ls and this was a pretty serious one. i can understand them being perhaps a little over-apologetic about it

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

RWN has a chip on its shoulder about pundits refusing to acknowledge their Ls and this was a pretty serious one. i can understand them being perhaps a little over-apologetic about it

Yeah but it's not like it was that wrong to agree with the president of Ukraine that they wouldn't invade lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yeah but it's not like it was that wrong to agree with the president of Ukraine that they wouldn't invade lol

or the CIA screaming their heads off that it was going to happen, when all i can think of is dubya jokingly looking under a chair

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1586386405915496448

Mark should take a page from Dolan's and stop doing predictions

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

V. Illych L. posted:

I assume knowing a bunch of people on both sides of the war probably makes them understandably upset about the whole thing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1586386405915496448

Mark should take a page from Dolan's and stop doing predictions

lol Mark the jabroni mark

edit goddamn there's not a single reply agreeing with him

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

You hate to see such a good soldier get shellshocked like this. Hope he recovers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

honestly "russia did it" is more likely than a totally random act of god. if i had to put odds to it i think 50% US, 20% US ally (uk/poland), 20% russia, 10% natural seems fair

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
cherry picking, bias, whatever, etc.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1490792461979078662

https://twitter.com/VelociTom/status/1574768132069130240

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1574826994075930627

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmao that Mark thinks Russia did the Nordstream attacks.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You hate to see such a good soldier get shellshocked like this. Hope he recovers.

sticking to the bit is terminal, i'm afraid

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
A contrarian to the end, God bless him

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"lol you stooges are thinking the CIA is about to dispose of me, but we never saw the guy who put the bag over my head"

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

That one is the most fun. Warning that unnamed parties plan to blow up the pipeline.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

genericnick posted:

That one is the most fun. Warning that unnamed parties plan to blow up the pipeline.

weird way to say "when i tell you to jump"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nice pipeline ya got there. We have intelligence showing it'd be a shame if something were to happen to it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thinking about the drone episode and I have to agree with John that cheap and dispensible will win out long term versus big and expensive. It looks like others agree.
Drone Swarm Launcher Truck Displayed At China’s Big Arms Expo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Wondering what take John will have on the Tigray peace deal.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I predict heavy sighing

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Got the feeling Mark started picking fights with his comment section.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
There's probably a faction of subscribers angrymax blumenthal isn't going to be invited back on any time soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I've only listened to snippets of this podcast but it seems pretty good - does the patreon work as like an episode unlocker? Ie sub and pick two episodes a month? Or am I misunderstanding it?