Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm imagining a cruise ship laid out like a modern American city that requires you to drive around it to get to places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm imagining a cruise ship laid out like a modern American city that requires you to drive around it to get to places

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/ClimateHuman/status/1589090443920187392?t=ZHje7k3BHMuq8bCJ3QmSiw&s=19

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
it's 3am and I'm reading Something Awful

:rubby:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

starkebn posted:

Too hot to sleep?

https://twitter.com/ScottDuncanWX/status/1589195750625644544?t=caOgnJthK6G_mSTOiTiGVg&s=19

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AceClown posted:

COP27 day baybee!

Can't wait for all these rich people to solve climate change

last time it was thousands of people taking hundreds of private planes to Milan for the pre-party before the Glasgow trip.

If COPE27 is in Egypt then where is the pre-party this time?

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

starkebn posted:

4:45am here :getin:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m so glad everyone in charge is getting together to hash things out for the umm 28th or some poo poo time ? ??? ???????

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ohio stays winning

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Can someone link me the original “sometimes the earth feels sick but democrats make it feel better” tia

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i'm up late/early because my chickens are hatching and the electrical heat source has just died, so i'm having to learn very quickly how to keep them alive without electricity. it feels like this will be a useful skill in the future

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

once i've figured out brooding, then i just need to learn how to incubate eggs without electricity, and preferably how to lay them myself, and i will be fully prepared for the catastrophe

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
Remembering my childhood - hot water bottles and warm bricks. Unfortunately a woodstove is required. Do they even sell hot water bottles anymore?

Wood stoves don't look like a great survival tool anymore because you need trees to burn. The insane windstorm a couple of days ago brought down a couple of more but eventually we're going to run out. 10 days of actual fall weather hasn't been enough to harden the trees off and persuade them to drop their leaves and we're about to get hammered by a heavy wet snow storm so :rip: more trees. I shall cremate their remains with dignity and respect.

Maybe we can dry and burn human poo poo. The 1% will probably be rendering us down for biodiesel. I wonder how many kilometres you can get in a biodiesel fueled F150 from the average fat North American?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you can and they do in many tribal societies

Rectal Death Adept posted:

last time it was thousands of people taking hundreds of private planes to Milan for the pre-party before the Glasgow trip.

If COPE27 is in Egypt then where is the pre-party this time?

neom :getin:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Hexigrammus posted:

Remembering my childhood - hot water bottles and warm bricks. Unfortunately a woodstove is required. Do they even sell hot water bottles anymore?

Wood stoves don't look like a great survival tool anymore because you need trees to burn. The insane windstorm a couple of days ago brought down a couple of more but eventually we're going to run out. 10 days of actual fall weather hasn't been enough to harden the trees off and persuade them to drop their leaves and we're about to get hammered by a heavy wet snow storm so :rip: more trees. I shall cremate their remains with dignity and respect.

Maybe we can dry and burn human poo poo. The 1% will probably be rendering us down for biodiesel. I wonder how many kilometres you can get in a biodiesel fueled F150 from the average fat North American?

Well, the average fat North American is about 250 to 300lb. Consider that most people of six feetish have at least a hundred pounds of vital organs, bones, and basic muscle, add another 40-50 or so for additional muscle on no basis but I felt like it, and you get 150lbs of fat per North American. You get about one gallon to 7.6lbs of fat so ignoring the energy costs of the rendering machine you'd get 14.4-19.7 gallons per American. You get about 21 mpg from an F150 assuming mixed city and highway driving, so about 303-414 miles before we take into account overhead from running the generators to the renderers.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

drat that'd be dope to run an old vw rabbit entirely off of millionares

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

looks like a rash lol

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Russia's gas cutoff to Europe thwarted by climate change, hell yeah. Enjoy your toasty winter, EU friends

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

MightyBigMinus posted:

drat that'd be dope to run an old vw rabbit entirely off of millionares
warming my chicks with the fat of the wealthy

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Guys please, it's Coca-Cola Presents : COP27

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Guys please, it's Coca-Cola Presents : COP27

had anyone said COPE27 yet

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

mawarannahr posted:

had anyone said COPE27 yet

sadly, it's the eponymous joke

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

a strange fowl posted:

once i've figured out brooding, then i just need to learn how to incubate eggs without electricity, and preferably how to lay them myself, and i will be fully prepared for the catastrophe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yENmufztolo

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

some people's survival plans are better than others

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Complications posted:

Well, the average fat North American is about 250 to 300lb. Consider that most people of six feetish have at least a hundred pounds of vital organs, bones, and basic muscle, add another 40-50 or so for additional muscle on no basis but I felt like it, and you get 150lbs of fat per North American. You get about one gallon to 7.6lbs of fat so ignoring the energy costs of the rendering machine you'd get 14.4-19.7 gallons per American. You get about 21 mpg from an F150 assuming mixed city and highway driving, so about 303-414 miles before we take into account overhead from running the generators to the renderers.

At most I think we'll end up having to send Mom and Dad to the knacker's yard when the time comes. Graveyards are such a wasteful use of land, you know. Have to do our part for the environment with our individual choices. Now shut up and let us grind your dead loved ones down to grease the motor on our yachts.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
Mad that my kids will get to experience the thrill of the apocalypse as seen in movies while I will just be dead

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

what is the current global temp?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

toggle posted:

what is the current global temp?

too drat high!

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The fire rises!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

so hot? or toasty?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
We'll know that they've finally come out and admitted how hosed we all are when we stop seeing billionaires doing dumb quasi-futuristic moonshot poo poo, whether it be the Metaverse or whatever fake companies Musk & co. have set up to supposedly settle on Mars. 2001: A Space Odyssey was a watershed moment in modern culture: the moment when the humanist alternative to "pie in the sky when you die" was most clearly and eloquently articulated. Yeah, sure, okay, that whole Second Coming, Kingdom of Heaven thing turned out to be a dud, but we don't need all that, see? Eventually we'll be good enough at making these wonderful gadgets that we'll transcend humanity and maybe even God, too, out there jettin' around space high-fiving all the aliens.

Forget the Fermi paradox, pay it no mind. I'm sure we're just not enlightened enough to see the technological civilizations that are for-sure out there. Now invest in crypto!

It's going to be a very, very nasty shock to a lot of level-headed atheists when they realize that just because we're not going to heaven doesn't mean we're going to Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite. And not the kind of surprise that'll make me go "lmao losers, you thought." This poo poo's legitimately tragic. We're gonna die right here, in a hotbox created by the one innovation that actually mattered: the ingenious invention of setting smelly things on fire.

No one's gonna be around to learn lessons from it, our corpses will attract zero interest.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

long after we're gone...

"why'd they only builid the one carbon capture facility?" - some alien archeologist prob

tima
Mar 1, 2001

No longer a newbie
It was world's biggest tho.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

toggle posted:

so hot? or toasty?

it's a dry heat

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Saudis should be doing this instead of Neom

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/NWSMemphis/status/1589379252645875712

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

call megan

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Looseahootchie bar? Yeah i know it, I met your mom there

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

It's was 75°f in November, today. The historical average being 50°f. Eh, probably nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That unapparent summer air in mid-to-late fall