Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1588248386821849089

worstpersonyouknowjustmadeagoodpoint.jpg

Mr. Fix It posted:

this week's behind the bastards episodes are Robert and Cody Johnston watching Dragons, Monsters & Men. first part (only one out atm) was p enjoyable.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/part-one-robert-and-cody-watch-104020806/

is jorp in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Samovar posted:

I listened to this and one thing that Peterson mentions is that Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty is 'the ultimate Oedipal mother'.

...the ultimate Oedipal mother is Jocasta. I know this is quite pedantic on my part but... He just uses such inexact English, it's quite annoying.

I think he meant to say "hot" instead of "Oedipal."

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so theres that scene lion king where the female lion makes bed room eyes at simba to the sweet sweet music of elton johns can you feel the love tonight.
When jordon spoke about that scene I was felt weird

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr Interweb posted:

is jorp in it?
lmbo at having three of the worst people saying "bro this is ain't it"

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Mr Interweb posted:

is jorp in it?

yeah, via clips from the show. the show is just jorp talking with random split cuts showing his hands, if how robert and cody describe it is correct.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mr. Fix It posted:

yeah, via clips from the show. the show is just jorp talking with random split cuts showing his hands, if how robert and cody describe it is correct.

cool, just finished listening to it. best parts:

- cody and robert correctly pointing out the absurdity of describing things like wiping your rear end as "slaying the dragon"
- jorp talking about dragons in stories guarding princesses and then suddenly genuinely asking himself why that's even a thing before saving himself at the last minute by pointing to :biotruths:
- jorp arguing that the story of the hero slaying the dragon to get the hot babe is a tale that's been told for "millions" of
years

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

:lol:

https://twitter.com/BurnerDontask/status/1587756360753893376?t=mudUpTTcaG-1pCz1yXvSXg&s=19

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Switzerland posted:

ol' jorpy has an app out! for, like, writing?! made by his uhh... son...?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjTFQ7nDPKL/

https://essay.app/
From what I understand, the son created the app a while ago and was using his dad's social media and his sister's lovely podcast as a way to get free advertising for it. Jorpo isn't directly connected to it.

There was a very weird vlog interview thing posted in here before between Makylia, Jorp's son, and Jorp together talking about their family values and dynamics, and Makaile's body language with both dudes in the room was extremely telling about how she's the "don't speak until spoken to" female burden in Jorp's world. Jorp's son is basically Jorp with a different degree. Same mindset and beliefs, etc. The whole family sucks rear end.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Tammy, I had the paintbrush dream again!!!

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

"Take one where it looks like I'm hiding."

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Did I look sort of sad and ponderous while hiding using the memorial as a prop? Like a smart professor man? Let me see the photo.

No, that's all wrong, let's shoot that again.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

At this point, I'm genuinely surprised that the sentient grey suit still believes the holocaust happened. For the record, I don't doubt whatsoever that it happened, I'm just kind of waiting for him to spout bullshit to the contrary.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Does he know most of his fans don't think the Holocaust happened?

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
lol he's doin a quick little media shoot at the holocaust memorial in between spouting literal nazi propaganda

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

Does he know most of his fans don't think the Holocaust happened?

Now now, plenty of them believe it happened.

The problem is they think it was good.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

bagmonkey posted:

The 2000 election happened before 9/11/2001, so same poo poo probably would've happened just would've been someone else to blame. The train was already off the rails by that point

911... gore knocked down the towers

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Remember the days when idiots would Kramer in here and show their asses defending lobster daddy?

Good times, good times.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
we have fished to lobster to extinction. we have become Nova Scotia

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bird food bathtub posted:

Remember the days when idiots would Kramer in here and show their asses defending lobster daddy?

Good times, good times.

Where do you draw the line, at the start or "rise" of peterson I felt the people screaming about him were doing nothing but signal boosting him. He seemed more on the defensive and pushed a message of clean your room, be a man, no one is going to compel my speech.

Then the benzo poo poo happened. His more weird idea's get spoken and now its dating advice.

Peterson 1.0 had appeal even as a target but peterson 3.0 is just kinda sad

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Earlier today, my wife was watching some tiktok or whatever, something apparently motivational. I was sitting on the other side of the room and I heard Jorp's voice. I let out quite a noticeable "UGH, that voice". She asked who it was. I started to say 'That's Jordan Pete-... " and she cut me off with a' eww, nope nope nope' and switched videos.

She doesn't keep up with him a lot, but knows he's a poo poo bag.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
that's hot

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I appreciate the work you've put into this, but it upsets me terribly.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder what mircowaves mom looks like now

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Ups_rail posted:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Mister Speaker posted:

I appreciate the work you've put into this, but it upsets me terribly.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ups_rail posted:

That's a wonderful thing about the internet, I keep on getting older and Microwave's mom stays the same age!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Oh poo poo...

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
Over/under on how many times he cries at home, in his own company, per week?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Perfect.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

madeintaipei posted:

That's a wonderful thing about the internet, I keep on getting older and Microwave's mom stays the same age!

Microwave's mom has got it going on!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Well, the picture is forever ruined now.

*tucks away penis*

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

LadyAmbien posted:

Over/under on how many times he cries at home, in his own company, per week?

Probably got big chunks blocked out on his calendar for weeping

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/thebadstats/status/1588232454162116608

Fun times

MY BOWFLEX!
Apr 29, 2009

Tearing up for our big boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty