Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wisp is hard-powercreep on the very concept of a support frame.

Massively improves team surivability and mobility and damage output nearly entirely passively with infinite duration placed pods, provides both passive and active AOE CC, has a ranged aoe taunt, has an "infinite range with LOS" teleport, provides a massive damage bonus via breach surge, and even does the "invisible = invincible" shtick better than bardframe.

Load up arcane energize and zenurik to print energy for the team (or helminth dispenser over her useless 4) and you literally cover every possible support base extremely well in a single frame. Okay, I guess the only other thing she doesn't do innately is shields, but I tend to run her with Pillage for AOE armor strip which also prints overshields on demand for the entire team.

It's dumb. No frame should be that good at everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kokoro Wish posted:

I actually run Wisp as a Melee frame. She feels pretty exceptional at it.

Yeah, I like auto-shotguns and quick hammers and Wisp makes both shine.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

FunkyFjord posted:

Alright, who popularized the Titania with Thermal Sunder build, I see them everywhere outside of archon hunts now.

E: besides the comedy option of DE because aoe nerf.
I envy your blissful ignorance that its been rampant in lith fissures for like a year and also the only way 99% of titania players know how to use her. :smith:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Dev stream today with Twitch drops @ 2 ET

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I envy your blissful ignorance that its been rampant in lith fissures for like a year and also the only way 99% of titania players know how to use her. :smith:

Guess I've just been getting Wukongs and actual Gausses forever and suddenly got a couple weeks back filled.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

On the devestream, they elaborated more on the proposed self damage change. Damage is going to be capped at 75% of your HP, you cannot kill yourself with it. No stagger/knockdown though. Generous damage falloff, multishot or secondary projectiles (Bramma bomblets) don't damage you AT ALL. Also reduced damage if you hit an enemy close to you, like if any enemy spawns in front of you or a player runs in front of you as you fire.

Twitch chat is PISSED. The most generous possible incarnation of it and people are ENRAGED that they have to aim. Get ready for another review bomb by that 1 chinese guy's bot farm.

Also, Duviri pushed back to 2023, but we're getting a Lua-themed lead up event and new warframe this winter. Lua event will be survival missions with a twist, and there will be spots that will allow you to summon your mech.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
The outcry is funny because the way you describe it, I see it as pretty much useless. No self stagger/knockdown sounds like complete madness.

Not surprised for multishot/secondary projectiles: the game is janky af with these. The Kompressa multishot bubbles still don't pop...

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

A Moose posted:

On the devestream, they elaborated more on the proposed self damage change. Damage is going to be capped at 75% of your HP, you cannot kill yourself with it. No stagger/knockdown though. Generous damage falloff, multishot or secondary projectiles (Bramma bomblets) don't damage you AT ALL. Also reduced damage if you hit an enemy close to you, like if any enemy spawns in front of you or a player runs in front of you as you fire.

What happens if you're rhino, does it nuke your iron skin, damage your actual health, or damage iron skin by a trivial 75% of your actual health?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

The outcry is funny because the way you describe it, I see it as pretty much useless. No self stagger/knockdown sounds like complete madness.

Not surprised for multishot/secondary projectiles: the game is janky af with these. The Kompressa multishot bubbles still don't pop...

Yeah, self damage >>>>>>>> self stagger because shield gating is a thing, so instead of having to use PSF or a frame that can make themselves CC-immune, now most frames can ignore it or probably use cautious shot

BMan posted:

What happens if you're rhino, does it nuke your iron skin, damage your actual health, or damage iron skin by a trivial 75% of your actual health?

They didn't say. It's still in the prototype stage, so its possible they haven't decided yet. in the demo, it took out 100% of the shields, AND dropped the health to 25%, so it's possible it could take out 100% of your Rhino shield. It bypasses damage reduction too.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 28, 2022

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
they said shield gating wouldn't apply IIRC

they didn't address Gloom, though, which instantly makes the entire conversation meaningless as long as you hit at least one enemy with your gigantic explosion

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

they said shield gating wouldn't apply IIRC

they didn't address Gloom, though, which instantly makes the entire conversation meaningless as long as you hit at least one enemy with your gigantic explosion

You can still shield gate immediately after though. If you have Brief Respite or any augur mods, then you can just hit any ability right after you hit yourself to give you some survivability right away

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

A Moose posted:

Twitch chat is PISSED. The most generous possible incarnation of it and people are ENRAGED that they have to aim. Get ready for another review bomb by that 1 chinese guy's bot farm.

unthinking gamer rage is pretty on brand for twitch chat so is anyone surprised

like i'm pretty sure most of them just heard the phrase "self damage" and started typing slurs rather than spend a single millisecond thinking about the implementation details

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

also: chroma back on the menu?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

A Moose posted:

Yeah, self damage >>>>>>>> self stagger because shield gating is a thing, so instead of having to use PSF or a frame that can make themselves CC-immune, now most frames can ignore it or probably use cautious shot

They didn't say. It's still in the prototype stage, so its possible they haven't decided yet. in the demo, it took out 100% of the shields, AND dropped the health to 25%, so it's possible it could take out 100% of your Rhino shield. It bypasses damage reduction too.

loving 5 days away from PSF and they pull this poo poo? gently caress me...

If it doesn't bypass my Valk invulnerability then I guess I'll still be fine... don't snitch about the trick.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
PSF had significant value before the change from self-damage to self-stagger and it'll still have that value after.

it's also a prototype they were not confirming will go in as-is, but they did seem pretty happy with how it was working out so place your bets where you feel like it

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
PSF is an insane QoL and lifesaver that goes well beyond spamming aoe at your feet. I barely use aoe, yet PSF is a mainstay in my rotation of frames. In SP, Arbitrations and in the chaos that is archon defense when too many eximus show up, PSF is often enough the difference between life and death (of you or of the operative).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if self damage can no longer kill you it is still enough damage to instantly reach the cap on any frame that isn't invulnerable. some can instantly recover that hp, and that's fine. but i'm not really a fan of making explosives and shield gates incompatible.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

A Moose posted:

Also, Duviri pushed back to 2023, but we're getting a Lua-themed lead up event and new warframe this winter. Lua event will be survival missions with a twist, and there will be spots that will allow you to summon your mech.

The proper way to balance "AoE" in Warframe is not to make AoE weapons feel increasingly bad until people stop using them as much and the raw stats reflect it, and hopefully the vitriolic response from Twitch Chat gets DE to think again about this sort of aggravation-based game balance. "AoE spam" is 98% a problem created by the fact that the Kuva Zarr and Bramma and maybe the Kuva Ogris with Nightwatch Napalm are ridiculous - most other AoE weapons range from "very powerful but not nearly as good as the Kuva Zarr/Bramma" (e.g. Kuva Tenet, Kuva Tonkor) to "actually quite bad" (a lot of AoE weapons). Drop the damage/AoE of the Zarr and Bramma by a bit, and you've probably cured "AoE spam" for good.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

MJ12 posted:

The proper way to balance "AoE" in Warframe is not to make AoE weapons feel increasingly bad until people stop using them as much and the raw stats reflect it, and hopefully the vitriolic response from Twitch Chat gets DE to think again about this sort of aggravation-based game balance. "AoE spam" is 98% a problem created by the fact that the Kuva Zarr and Bramma and maybe the Kuva Ogris with Nightwatch Napalm are ridiculous - most other AoE weapons range from "very powerful but not nearly as good as the Kuva Zarr/Bramma" (e.g. Kuva Tenet, Kuva Tonkor) to "actually quite bad" (a lot of AoE weapons). Drop the damage/AoE of the Zarr and Bramma by a bit, and you've probably cured "AoE spam" for good.

don't tell anyone about stahlta

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BMan posted:

don't tell anyone about stahlta

Or aeolak or komorex. Though at least with the latter you'll pay the price of losing your eyesight.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

MJ12 posted:

This is why I'm really annoyed with how they're handling it, they didn't do this poo poo with the soma prime, or amprex, both of which had way higher use numbers back in the day than kuva zarr and bramma put together nowadays.

poo poo I'm pretty sure amprex is still my most used weapon and I haven't used it in like half a decade.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 29, 2022

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Makes sense that the wolf frame would come with the moon update. Also lol inside you there are four wolves.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 29, 2022

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
cant wait to find out who lewis is and why hes praying so much

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do the pickups and veiled guys despawn once you pick up the gun in this week's Kahl mission? I scoured the place to try to find the things I missed at the cost of accidentally getting veiled twice by the infinitely respawning deacons and could not find them.

On a side note, feels bad to spend like 40 minutes on a mission because of scavenger hunts and get only 15 funbux from only being able to finish the cache.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I haven't tested but maybe, you get the achievement for not being detected by a deacon once you pick up the gun. I definitely got all the collectable stuff before then tho so I can't reliably say.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

chumbler posted:

On a side note, feels bad to spend like 40 minutes on a mission because of scavenger hunts and get only 15 funbux from only being able to finish the cache.

One of the things I really like in Genshin Impact is that you can activate basically detective vision from the Batman Arkham games, it stay up while you stand still (you can turn) then goes away when you start moving. It has no cool down and highlights everything you can see including colors for elemental affinities.

If Kahl had something like that that pinged collectables, it'd be so nice.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I got all tasks in a single 25 minute run so it's possible at least, but i went in with the knowledge of having it done in the past weeks, and lost 5 minutes to hunting down a cache password i had missed in the third room.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 30, 2022

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

Or aeolak or komorex. Though at least with the latter you'll pay the price of losing your eyesight.

Is the Komorex that good? I played with it a bunch and I found it to be more like the Kuva Chakkhurr than anything else - a solid gun with a pretty credible AoE fire mode but not nearly the overpowered room clearer that the Kuva Zarr/Bramma are.

Anora posted:

One of the things I really like in Genshin Impact is that you can activate basically detective vision from the Batman Arkham games, it stay up while you stand still (you can turn) then goes away when you start moving. It has no cool down and highlights everything you can see including colors for elemental affinities.

If Kahl had something like that that pinged collectables, it'd be so nice.

Almost all modern games with scavenger hunt objectives give you a way to rapidly narrow down the scavenger hunt location, probably because scavenger hunts easily end up feeling like poo poo.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

MJ12 posted:

Is the Komorex that good? I played with it a bunch and I found it to be more like the Kuva Chakkhurr than anything else - a solid gun with a pretty credible AoE fire mode but not nearly the overpowered room clearer that the Kuva Zarr/Bramma are.

It's an MR8 gun and very good (if somewhat awkward/eye-searing to use) within that context. Nobody's claiming it'll delete tiles in one shot like the Kuva Zarr/Bramma, but spray it around and it'll mulch a crowd just fine.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

chumbler posted:

Do the pickups and veiled guys despawn once you pick up the gun in this week's Kahl mission? I scoured the place to try to find the things I missed at the cost of accidentally getting veiled twice by the infinitely respawning deacons and could not find them.

The pickups remained, and the veiled guys started running around once the shootout section started. They were still veil-breakable though.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The Stahlta is also a lot of fun, its alt fire is really fun if you have a way to group enemies!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Stahlta also has a cool Unreal Tournament skins when those are available.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tenet Tetra has a somewhat similar arrangement and, like the Stahlta, also came out of the ammo nerf essentially untouched.

Stahlta's got it in looks, though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
New Conquera ephemera is pretty cool, as are the new shard ones, but they'd require me to stop using Seraphyre on everything, so I guess it's just on the pile. I tried out the new drifter cosmetics and had a bit of an adventure when I changed my top bit while having an emblem equipped..

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Be sure to hop on and do the alerts some time this week, free umbra, aura, stance, and 3 pack of regular formas.

Also having finally gotten around to playing styanax, he's a solidly if kind of blandly generically good modern frame. Landing the vacuum javelin feels good, though.

Edit: Also if you haven't done the Kahl mission this week yet, don't do the side path for Sprag, it's currently bugged and you can't leave the arena.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 6, 2022

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Has anyone else not gotten a tau forged shard?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Anora posted:

Has anyone else not gotten a tau forged shard?

yes. i didnt do the new hunt from today yet though. maybe today is the day! :negative:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've only gotten like two, and they were both blues.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lol so now I need 30 more loving eidolon shards after finally grinding out 20....

Is it even any more efficient to do tridolon than just doing Tera runs over and over? I seem to recall the hydralyst taking a long time to down

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

free hubcaps posted:

Lol so now I need 30 more loving eidolon shards after finally grinding out 20....

Is it even any more efficient to do tridolon than just doing Tera runs over and over? I seem to recall the hydralyst taking a long time to down

Teralyst is by far the fastest way to get Eidolon shards if you don't have maxed out gear.

The arcane drops are way worse though.