Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Buying quality restore health potions in my primary expense in mid to late game Morrowind, and even as a PC who had alchemy I didn't grind it, just made potions organically, and while it was useful for the early by the time I was finishing out the main quest it was just "buy every good healing potion they sell every time I'm there".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Winning strat right there. Also set a mark and divine intervention, top up at the altar and recall back

Oh yeah, I forgot about that--that's what I did on my last playthrough. That's way more convenient than using the ghost.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
One of the reasons I like Morrowind so much is the utility of mark-and-recall and everything you can do with it. Once you learn the fast travel networks it becomes simplicity itself to reach any town inside 5 minutes but mark and recall lets you add those few little places to the network.

Alternatively pair it with a mod that adds location based teleportation- like Stuporstar's excellent Uvirith's Legacy and its travel ring- and you get what I imagine rich people with magic would do to adventure, and just set a mark when you're tired, port back home, then sit down for a good meal from your servants, a nice bath, a sleep in a real bed, then breakfast the next morning and recall back. "Camping? How very peasant."

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I was going to install one of the expanded mark & recall mods but the one in the OP throws an error when I try to use it and I can't figure it out, and the other one I could find changes a ton of stuff I would rather not have changed. But I've found that it doesn't even matter - I've been in Solstheim for a while now but whenever I want to head home to the Balmora Council Club to sell poo poo or train before levels-up, I can get home in under two minutes with Almsivi to Gnisis, the strider to Ald'ruhn, the mages guild teleport to Balmora, and then home is just three doors down. Almost no walking involved, and in-game time is only six hours on the strider (and that does matter, I'm a werewolf right now). When I need to head back, recall gets me straight back to Fort Frostmoth, easy.

I'm almost surprised that they felt the need to add the propylon indicies, travel to every area is very very quick once you learn where your options are.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

aniviron posted:

I was going to install one of the expanded mark & recall mods but the one in the OP throws an error when I try to use it and I can't figure it out, and the other one I could find changes a ton of stuff I would rather not have changed. But I've found that it doesn't even matter - I've been in Solstheim for a while now but whenever I want to head home to the Balmora Council Club to sell poo poo or train before levels-up, I can get home in under two minutes with Almsivi to Gnisis, the strider to Ald'ruhn, the mages guild teleport to Balmora, and then home is just three doors down. Almost no walking involved, and in-game time is only six hours on the strider (and that does matter, I'm a werewolf right now). When I need to head back, recall gets me straight back to Fort Frostmoth, easy.

I'm almost surprised that they felt the need to add the propylon indicies, travel to every area is very very quick once you learn where your options are.

Propylon indices are intended as a fast travel option for vampires.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i also like how there are still areas not near any fast travel option, like most of the north of the island, sheogorad and molag amur, and some of the bitter coast feel more remote that way as they should, while theyre not actually hard to reach

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

learning the fast travel network and how to get around the island really fast is probably the most satisfying part of morrowind

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Learning the Morrowind Bus Schedule is one of those struggles people today wouldn't understand and also explain why the game is so good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Overpowered Jump spells are how you get to places not near teleporters.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Does MGE XE add the doppler shift to sounds when you're moving fast, or is that in vanilla Morrowind? Either way, it's hilarious when you're a werewolf jumping at someone.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I think that's something to do with one of the sound options malfunctioning, switch to or from software 3d sound.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

You know, I've never turned the music off, and I did it the other day. With all the ambient sounds (mod added and otherwise), it's some real neat poo poo to just hang out in a canyon in the ashlands listening to insects and the occasional stone fall. I dropped a bunch of silent tracks into my mod list, so now I've got the best of both of those worlds.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I hear there's a set of morrowind mods I could install to get multiplayer going with some friends. I'm not sure where to start here is there a specific mod framework I should be looking at. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
This what you are looking for? https://tes3mp.com/

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
That's the one I think, thank you :)

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
My spouse is trying to convince me that moving the hard drive from one computer to another will carry over all the mods and settings and I don't have a good specific argument that's not "mw modding is haunted"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

My spouse is trying to convince me that moving the hard drive from one computer to another will carry over all the mods and settings and I don't have a good specific argument that's not "mw modding is haunted"

Spitballing, but there could be bits of metadata stored in the registry. That would break that.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ask your spouse if they're willing to take responsibility for it not only not working, but also not working when you put the HDD back in the original machine.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It will mostly work, at one point I had a zip file of my preferred morrowind mod setup.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

It will mostly work, at one point I had a zip file of my preferred morrowind mod setup.

This is what I have. I think you may run into some config file problems? Maybe MGE has some files in your users folder or something? But re-running that should fix any issues you have there.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Spitballing, but there could be bits of metadata stored in the registry. That would break that.

no

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've been moving the same Frankenstein Morrowind install from computer to computer for about 10 years. I hesitate to say it works fine but the issues are for other reasons

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

If you have the mods set up through Mod Organizer, just move over the whole thing.

If you did it all manually, well Morrowind modding forced me to learn about robocopy probably 15 years ago for this exact reason—I wanted to copy over a setup and make sure I didn’t mess up the file dates since something I don’t remember now depended on that. Maybe load order?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cantorsdust posted:

If you have the mods set up through Mod Organizer, just move over the whole thing.

If you did it all manually, well Morrowind modding forced me to learn about robocopy probably 15 years ago for this exact reason—I wanted to copy over a setup and make sure I didn’t mess up the file dates since something I don’t remember now depended on that. Maybe load order?

Yeah, Morrowind determines load order by filedate. One of the big advancements in modding was wyrebash (I think) letting you easily change that

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, Morrowind determines load order by filedate. One of the big advancements in modding was wyrebash (I think) letting you easily change that

mash but yeah. before that it was up to mod authors to redate. unlike future tes entries having incompatible records is actually pretty rare besides the obvious overlapping cities or landmasses

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

it's wrye smh

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Anyone had an issue where the mgxe gui.exe just doesn't launch? I'm running as admin, double clicking, and those are all the ideas I had if we're being totally honest.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Private Speech posted:

it's wrye smh

I was gonna say, I don't know how many years the voice in my head said "wyre" before I finally realized it was in fact "wrye". Years.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Its because one is easy to say and the other is a hot mess phonetically.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

it's just wry with a silent e

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I thought it was rye with a silent w

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Say it like Dio

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I thought it was rye with a silent w

Pretty sure this is what the documentation for it says iirc

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Propylon indices are intended as a fast travel option for vampires.

I wonder if someone will port over that big vampire mod that Cortex did.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wiegieman posted:

I wonder if someone will port over that big vampire mod that Cortex did.

port over to what

https://github.com/OperatorJack/Vampyr-Vampirism-Expanded

operatorjack made a good vampire mod for mwse with everythign you would expect, blood meters and cool mechanics etc

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

mbt posted:

port over to what

https://github.com/OperatorJack/Vampyr-Vampirism-Expanded

operatorjack made a good vampire mod for mwse with everythign you would expect, blood meters and cool mechanics etc

I'm amazed that somebody thought Vampyr had good enough mechanics to warrant porting to another game. Not that they are terrible, but I also wouldn't call them good.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm amazed that somebody thought Vampyr had good enough mechanics to warrant porting to another game. Not that they are terrible, but I also wouldn't call them good.

Some of them are, uh, good on paper I guess

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Vichan posted:

That reminds me, the 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' video featuring him has been scrubbed from the internet. :smith:

I know this is a few months old but I found a google drive link to this bad boy. Download it and cherish it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bf2SAeG5ziDgmS6If1O0w5zRI1htidiZ/view

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Muthsera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Rahu posted:

I know this is a few months old but I found a google drive link to this bad boy. Download it and cherish it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bf2SAeG5ziDgmS6If1O0w5zRI1htidiZ/view

You're a saint, thank you!