Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

fez_machine posted:

looks like marking yourself parody counts for exactly jack and poo poo
https://twitter.com/connorratliff/status/1589473721030701058

Griffin Newman was posting as Elon clearly labeling everything as parody

Season 1 of The Tick was good but season 2 was garbage so I’m torn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
musk should have bought ebaums world and called it elonsworld

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
comedy is now legal! says guy clamping down with an iron fist on his posting enemies, funded by notorious free speech warriors, the saudis

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Comstar posted:

I really want to know now what the conversation is when Musk asks what is somethingawful and why us everyone telling him to buy it.

No one tell Musk it's related to planetquake because the retro nostalgia would make it an immediate buy for Muskie

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
https://twitter.com/3PSboyd/status/1589399244800413696

This drama and chaos really does have the vibe of forums drama from yesteryear. It's almost nostalgic for internet users of the right generation.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

fez_machine posted:

looks like marking yourself parody counts for exactly jack and poo poo
https://twitter.com/connorratliff/status/1589473721030701058

Griffin Newman was posting as Elon clearly labeling everything as parody

Lol as his co-podcast host mentions in the replies, Griffin has a Disney movie he’s in (he voices the sidekick in Disenchanted) that he needs to promote in a couple weeks! Whoops!!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Lol as his co-podcast host mentions in the replies, Griffin has a Disney movie he’s in (he voices the sidekick in Disenchanted) that he needs to promote in a couple weeks! Whoops!!

Travis and Hoops will cover for him

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

I don't understand how this stable genius has failed us. Do you guys know how this super cool guy understands this?!?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Not sure I care much about the when so much as the how of his eventual, irrevocable lawn darting
Will he reprise a classic from the heydays of 2000 or 1929, or will he culminate everything with an idiosyncratic gesture of what it means "to do an elon"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

https://twitter.com/Fred_Delicious/status/961346359977705477?s=20&t=hwE9UTEvWmzTB6aXjTlPTQ

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
H3 nuked their account

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

It seems like an easy way to get around the obvious name change issues with $8 blue checks would be to force users to have their twitter display name be whatever name is on the credit card they used to buy it.

I don't know anything about website tech though, so would this have even been practical or possible?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
On one hand I think he has to be aware of SA on the other hand I fully believe he spent that time going "oh ho ho this Eric Bauman fellow sure is funny"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Did someone inform the remnants of Kiwifarms that the safe new place for them is inside the musky rear end?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

https://twitter.com/3PSboyd/status/1589399244800413696

This drama and chaos really does have the vibe of forums drama from yesteryear. It's almost nostalgic for internet users of the right generation.

Jeph Jacques clowning on Elon is better comedy than he has ever managed to put in one of his comics.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

big black turnout posted:

On one hand I think he has to be aware of SA on the other hand I fully believe he spent that time going "oh ho ho this Eric Bauman fellow sure is funny"

musk definitely woulda accidentally posted a banme or got instantly obliterated for a bad post in 2000

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Wait wait wait, was Cactus Frankie actually Musk ?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I'm torn between wanting this to never end and wanting it to crash and burn immediately

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I bet Musk non-ironically uses the /s sarcasm tag

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Musk definitely jerked it to flash games at Newgrounds

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Libra posted:

I'm torn between wanting this to never end and wanting it to crash and burn immediately

it'll burn indefinitely, like a tesla that hit a firetruck

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Musk could make a real mint if he followed SA's model and let people purchase his avatar

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Elon don't give em dick like I do

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

Lister posted:

I don't know anything about website tech though, so would this have even been practical or possible?

I mean it’s very very easy, but also a very bad idea for like a hundred reasons. One reason is that people have different names for different reasons. Are you gonna make Tom Cruise’s twitter account say “Thomas Mapother”?

not to mention every trans person I know including me has at least one credit card with the wrong name on it and many don’t have any with the right name.

and also the podcast account someone mentioned earlier, probably don’t want that to say the name of the person who runs it, right? Etc etc etc

Names are famously really hard to get right.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Libra posted:

I don't want this to end until he says something unforgivable by even right-leaning people. Strong odds for a racist rant, but I'll take what we can get.

His techbro cult will never abandon him, of course, and anything that would turn off normal people would only endear him to hardcore chuds.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

Who spends more time egoscrolling, Musk or Trump?

Trump can't read beyond a third grade level, and his attention span is about the same.

Musk can actually read and get way more angry at being mocked in funny ways.

Trump has to get his angry from FOX News type TV stuff spoon fed, and absolutely cannot understand humor.

Both bad though.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Jeph Jacques clowning on Elon is better comedy than he has ever managed to put in one of his comics.

I just read one of his comics. How is this the same person?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Didn't trump get tweets about him printed off? Musk goes searching out 3 digit follower accounts and fumes about them saying he's got a smelly dick or whatever

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Holy poo poo twitters doing just great. It's sad knowing lowtax didn't get to witness the reformation of LF but with 230,000,000 people.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Seeing the internet come out and take potshots against some thin skinned, dickhead multibillionaire has brought me levels of Twitter entertainment not seen since horse_ebooks.

Keep posting through it Elon, we’re all rooting for you

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Unfortunately at some point he'll realize he's got all this attention and he'll pretend to do a little rolling with the punches or whatever, and suck out all the fun, again.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The Fattest PI posted:

Unfortunately at some point he'll realize he's got all this attention and he'll pretend to do a little rolling with the punches or whatever, and suck out all the fun, again.

He's been "rolling with the punches" for a week now

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I think the next move in the playbook is to pretend it was all a joke and it was us that got trolled, right?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Can't wait for Musk to go on Fallon and have his hair ruffled like Trump and for it all to slough off

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

starting to think maybe one person shouldn't be allowed to have a billion dollars. just a pet theory i've been working on.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

flubber nuts posted:

starting to think maybe one person shouldn't be allowed to have a billion dollars. just a pet theory i've been working on.

No, I can do it. I'm the exception that proves the rule

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Looking forward to The Rules of Free Speech, for $8/ month being stickied as the first reply to every Tweet.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

If I had a billion dollars, no one would ever hear from my dumb rear end.

edit: in before someone offers me a billion to save everyone from my bad posts

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

Testify

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Unperson_47 posted:

take the billion, please