Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Unperson_47 posted:

Musk will definitely right this ship, implement all the changes, and get the advertisers back on board just as he provided all those ventilators during Covid

I wasn't even aware of that, loving multi billionaire can't be arsed to peel like two million off the stack. That's only like .1% of his worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
https://twitter.com/slack2thefuture/status/1589407506857865216?t=Muflc9NxOtuLhoAQnnLcsw&s=19

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm already suspended

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I will laugh so hard if this debacle is what finally breaks his reputation as some kind of brain trust super genius. Bought a 44 billion company out of spite and managed to ruin it and burn it to the ground, losing his entire investment, in like 3 months.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Bought a 44 billion company out of spite and managed to ruin it and burn it to the ground, losing his entire investment, in like 3 months.

don’t stop I’m so close

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Drone_Fragger posted:

I will laugh so hard if this debacle is what finally breaks his reputation as some kind of brain trust super genius. Bought a 44 billion company out of spite and managed to ruin it and burn it to the ground, losing his entire investment, in like 3 months.

Twitter is most definitely not worth 44 billion, I think that's important to note. Is it worth a couple bil? Sure. 44 Billion? absolutely not.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Elon Musk
@elonmusk

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Out of curiosity, how many billions does Elon have at the end of this? I know he's still more than likely going to continue being rich after everything, but any chance to see a rich person lose a billion is always a grand occasion.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

Twitter is most definitely not worth 44 billion, I think that's important to note. Is it worth a couple bil? Sure. 44 Billion? absolutely not.

Absolutely not worth that, but that's what he paid for it so that's what he's gonna lose.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I'm trying to let that sink in!!!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

sebmojo posted:

This is arguably off topic except inasmuch as it relates to weird men being both rich and useless but it was very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdqrFa6pWLA

"Here look I'll buy $2 worth of applause points"
"NO DON'T!"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Holy calamity scream insanity

All Elon can be is another great fan of me

Bear witness

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Holy calamity scream insanity

All Elon can be is another great fan of me

Bear witness

Hairplugs Boy Modeling School

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hair witness

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
If I was one of the not-yet-fired moderation people who have to swat all the dunks on him and was just holding onto the job until the axe falls, I'd be giggling my rear end off all day reading this poo poo about my new rear end in a top hat idiot boss.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

god please help me posted:

Out of curiosity, how many billions does Elon have at the end of this? I know he's still more than likely going to continue being rich after everything, but any chance to see a rich person lose a billion is always a grand occasion.

I think 200bill was his notional worth, and most of the money was borrowed so he's going to be fine, even a single billion of dollars is many times as much money as any human can reasonably spend but in another sense he has gone from owning to being owned so maybe not idk

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Pretty amazing photo, and I'm sorry to say I recognize every one of them except the one-legged hottie, I mean attractive amputee, uh... differently-challenged person on the right, though she they do look familiar, and I'm too lazy to run a reverse image search.

It's also funny that Elon is the only one whose reflection is in that mirror, almost as if he's two people at once. If he exists at all, of course.

Do any of us really know we do?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sebmojo posted:

I think 200bill was his notional worth, and most of the money was borrowed so he's going to be fine, even a single billion of dollars is many times as much money as any human can reasonably spend but in another sense he has gone from owning to being owned so maybe not idk
A lot of it got wiped out with Tesla stock tanking though. Like tens if not a hundred billion. Plus twitter is unrealized loss. But... yeah, still way too much. Maybe 100B.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

if you won the powerball tomorrow, elon musk would still somehow have 100x that. even if its on paper.

but even with this debacle and if he somehow just lost 44 billion outright in this deal and that somehow harmed the rest of his net worth, there are still tons of rich people willing to back him for whatever venture he decides to steal next.

btw did they change elon to co-founder of twitter yet?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

SuddenCactus posted:

He searches his name on every website. Probably has a google alert set for his name too

This is why it's important to keep up my daily ritual of posting Elon Musk's name to my blog at http://www.elonmuskmolestsdogs.com

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Anton Chigurh posted:

Pretty amazing photo, and I'm sorry to say I recognize every one of them except the one-legged hottie, I mean attractive amputee, uh... differently-challenged person on the right, though she they do look familiar, and I'm too lazy to run a reverse image search.

It's also funny that Elon is the only one whose reflection is in that mirror, almost as if he's two people at once. If he exists at all, of course.

Do any of us really know we do?

i can't tell if you're joking but she's not an amputee... her name is jessica lessin
------
Jessica Lessin, a former reporter for The Wall Street Journal, founded The Information as a subscription-based news website marketed to technology-sector executives in December 2013.[5][6][7] Lessin later formed an advisory board which included venture capitalist John Doerr, Politico co-founder Jim VandeHei, and ProPublica executive chairman Paul Steiger.[8]

Lessin has stated that she wants The Information to eventually reach the point where it is spending more than either The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times, and stated "Our ambition isn’t to build a subscription business — our goal is to build the most impactful news organization for the next century".[9]

In February 2020, the company announced a partnership with Bloomberg Media, enabling customers to purchase a year-long joint bundle.[10] The Financial Times reported in November 2021 that the publication has 225,000 "users", a figure that includes subscribers and individuals who have signed up for newsletters.[11] As of 2022, the publication has 45,000 paid subscribers.[4]

edit: honestly the weirdest inclusion has to be lena dunham right?

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

sebmojo posted:

Imagine a monkey's paw with 200 fingers

Imagine wishing for a million wishes before you know for certain whether the genie you're wishing from is not the cruel ironic type.

Warm und Fuzzy fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 7, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

No;

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It was posted in 2009

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

In all seriousness why is someone who is verified allowed to change their display name? If they are allowed, why doesn't it trigger losing the blue tick and having to be re-verified? (I think that's being proposed now). Seems pretty obvious to me.

Instead Elon saying that all parody has to be explicitly labeled seems like the worst possible solution, and is unworkable from a moderation point of view.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lmao, anjem choudrary, a Islamic preacher convicted for promoting terrorism several times, is banned from twitter and has now been in the news saying Elon is afraid of free speech. How do you gently caress up this badly even convicted terrorists are dunking on you.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

god please help me posted:

Don't forget he's tanked the value of his Tesla stock as well. His shananigans and being forced to dump his stock to pay for twitter, has halved the share price since last year.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I am satisfied. :getin:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Drone_Fragger posted:

I will laugh so hard if this debacle is what finally breaks his reputation as some kind of brain trust super genius. Bought a 44 billion company out of spite and managed to ruin it and burn it to the ground, losing his entire investment, in like 3 days

FTFY

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Strong Sauce posted:

btw did they change elon to co-founder of twitter yet?

The whisper on the street is he'll call himself the 'iTwit' in the interim while bringing Twitter back to financial health. Later, while stewing in his own toxic male juices of greatness, he vacations in Martha's Vine Yard in a private cottage with a woman of some mysterious origin. There's a single white sign on the cottage door that reads: Cellar Door

When he emerges in a month or so, he'll just call himself the 'Twit' and release a slew of i-themed Twitter products he creates claims credit for creating that critics and Instagram/Snapchat fans hate but tweet endlessly about. The social media addicted sheeple buy all of it though and click on the loving ads too, repeatedly and recursively, driving the Twitship ever closer to Mars and its capitalist apogee.

At least I guy can dream, and sometimes does on the rare occasion he sleeps.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

That was painful to read. I feel like you owe me $8.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope he decides the world doesn't deserve him and holes up on a private island planning his Mars colony where neuralink technology will prevent people disagreeing with him.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

goatface posted:

I hope he decides the world doesn't deserve him and holes up on a private island planning his Mars colony where neuralink technology will prevent people disagreeing with him.

Sounds like an old fps game to me

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Holy poo poo I didn't believe it but now I'm certain that he is possessed by the spirit of Lowtax.
Somebody warn his ex-wives.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Strong Sauce posted:

i can't tell if you're joking but she's not an amputee... her name is jessica lessin
------
Jessica Lessin, a former reporter for The Wall Street Journal, founded The Information as a subscription-based news website marketed to technology-sector executives in December 2013.[5][6][7] Lessin later formed an advisory board which included venture capitalist John Doerr, Politico co-founder Jim VandeHei, and ProPublica executive chairman Paul Steiger.[8]

Lessin has stated that she wants The Information to eventually reach the point where it is spending more than either The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times, and stated "Our ambition isn’t to build a subscription business — our goal is to build the most impactful news organization for the next century".[9]

In February 2020, the company announced a partnership with Bloomberg Media, enabling customers to purchase a year-long joint bundle.[10] The Financial Times reported in November 2021 that the publication has 225,000 "users", a figure that includes subscribers and individuals who have signed up for newsletters.[11] As of 2022, the publication has 45,000 paid subscribers.[4]

edit: honestly the weirdest inclusion has to be lena dunham right?

Like Elon, I do like a good joke, and yes, I knew she is not really an amputee. Didn't know her name though, so thanks, I appreciate the info.

It's funny you mention Lena Dunham though because it's what made me wonder about Ms. Lessin. To me she looks a bit like an older Anna Kendrick, also an actress like Lena I like and enjoy, and also one who's gotten into writing/producing/directing.

Lena sure took a lot of social media and just media heat years ago (especially on these dead gay forums) when 'Girls' was airing on HBO. I lol'd countless times watching that show, sosume (another nerd computer joke (an Apple one) and not directed at you).

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

sebmojo posted:

This is arguably off topic except inasmuch as it relates to weird men being both rich and useless but it was very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdqrFa6pWLA

holy poo poo I'd no idea it was so janky. From the promo material I thought it was just a polished but incredibly bland environment. I'd no idea it was the Bubsy 3D of VR.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Anton Chigurh posted:

Like Elon, I do like a good joke, and yes, I knew she is not really an amputee. Didn't know her name though, so thanks, I appreciate the info.

It's funny you mention Lena Dunham though because it's what made me wonder about Ms. Lessin. To me she looks a bit like an older Anna Kendrick, also an actress like Lena I like and enjoy, and also one who's gotten into writing/producing/directing.

Lena sure took a lot of social media and just media heat years ago (especially on these dead gay forums) when 'Girls' was airing on HBO. I lol'd countless times watching that show, sosume (another nerd computer joke (an Apple one) and not directed at you).

I appreciate this blast from the past style creepy weirdo posting keep it up!!

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Durzel posted:

That was painful to read. I feel like you owe me $8.

I don't think I forced you to read it, you chose it of your own free will. If we have any free will.

The pain is real though, and I don't wish to cause it to anyone, especially physical pain. Not everyone gets my brand of... posting, so do take care and take a mental health break from SA or social media if you need to.

Getting outside, rolling around in the grass (if it's warm and pleasant where you live), or just lighting up your favorite THC/CBD gummy in the proper ratio is what I'd recommend, but you have to discover that for yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?t=gDUIc0KAg4Bx5DcgpM0xbg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Durzel posted:

In all seriousness why is someone who is verified allowed to change their display name? If they are allowed, why doesn't it trigger losing the blue tick and having to be re-verified? (I think that's being proposed now). Seems pretty obvious to me.

Instead Elon saying that all parody has to be explicitly labeled seems like the worst possible solution, and is unworkable from a moderation point of view.

It's always extremely funny when some Brain Genious decides that the way something has been done for decades is stupid and he's going to swoop in and make it all better, by ... implementing a solution that had been tried and dismissed by experts and actual engineers as fatally flawed or unworkable sometime in the early evolution of the long-standing solution we've all been using. He's just inventing the loving bus again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpCzp0CmjY

E: I mean I'm all for actual new inventions, but there's a difference between having a flash of inspiration that literally nobody has ever thought of before / a new scientific discovery making something possible for the first time, and ... just not understanding anything about what you think you're "inventing" because you've only given it five minutes of thought in your life and you assume everyone else stopped at minute four

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 7, 2022