Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Zero VGS posted:

This is the weirdest gimmick I’ve ever seen. Is there a doppelgänger of you who’s this deranged about sauerkraut?

You should be buying the wildbrine sauerkraut at costco too. They live next to each other in my fridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theyre not even korean, too, lol

Kimchi, especially Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi, can be enjoyed by people all over the world

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You should be buying the wildbrine sauerkraut at costco too. They live next to each other in my fridge

”wildbrine, the one with two i’s…”

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theyre not even korean, too, lol

The best Korean groceries is the spicy squid rings at H Mart and I’m pretty confident Costco has nothing like that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

The best kind, the inside ones are always weird to me

No one in WI is going to stand outside for food in -20F.

Even (with refill).

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

My wife's parents are in town staying with us, so to kill a good chunk of time avoiding them I have decided to go to Costco on a Sunday.

Gonna pick up some pork shoulder to roast, soft drinks, a vegetable tray, and diapers. Take some time to really peruse and consider all the options in the fruit section. Maybe the chicken will be all out and I'll be forced to wait a while for the fresh ones to come out.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tokelau All Star posted:

Take some time to really peruse and consider all the options in the fruit section.

The gold kiwis I got a few weeks ago were extremely good

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Tokelau All Star posted:

My wife's parents are in town staying with us, so to kill a good chunk of time avoiding them I have decided to go to Costco on a Sunday.

You must really hate your in-laws to go through the hell that is Costco on a Sunday.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Knot My President! posted:

I can't eat kimchi, it makes me feel super terrible / fatigued / foggy and I'm not sure why :( it's one of my favorite foods too

it rejects him!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tokelau All Star posted:

Gonna pick up some pork shoulder to roast, soft drinks, a vegetable tray, and diapers. Take some time to really peruse and consider all the options in the fruit section. Maybe the chicken will be all out and I'll be forced to wait a while for the fresh ones to come out.

I made a cross on my head and chest 4 u

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Knot My President! posted:

I can't eat kimchi, it makes me feel super terrible / fatigued / foggy and I'm not sure why :( it's one of my favorite foods too

It can cause interactions with MAOIs if you’re on one of those.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lazyhound posted:

EVERYTHING can cause interactions with MAOIs, which is one reason I think they're hardly ever prescribed anymore.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

EVERYTHING can cause interactions with MAOIs, which is one reason I think they're hardly ever prescribed anymore.
There are newer reversible ones like moclobemide that don’t have the dietary restrictions, but I don’t think any of them are available in the US.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Lazyhound posted:

I’m on lamotrigine but that’s super interesting and I’ll definitely forward it to my friends who are :O

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
your assumption is that anything tasty has an maoi interaction. cheese, cured meats, kimchi, etc

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Do you people not just walk in from the exit? I did that back when I had no card to go to the food court / pharmacy / buy beer for friends, but now that I have a card again I still go in that way and cross backwards through the registers, way faster because I don't have to show the card on the way in. Just walk with purpose.

They always have 2 receipt checkers that also ask for card if you walk into exit. When I had no card one of them chased me down like 100 feet when I acted like I was on cell phone

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Soggy Muffin posted:

They always have 2 receipt checkers that also ask for card if you walk into exit. When I had no card one of them chased me down like 100 feet when I acted like I was on cell phone

I have never had a receipt checker ask me for a card in dozens of visits, I think they’re instructed not to at mine. Plus they’re way too swamped with actually checking receipts for that, I’ve only ever seen a single receipt checker at a time.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Costco: the one with two "g"s.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I once had an rear end in a top hat receipt checker chase me down and yell at me for getting my hotdog before the shopping trip without showing them my card. They don't even ask to see cards at that entrance (because that's how you get to the place where you... get a card) so it was pretty confusing.

Must be a training issue

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

yeah they don't check poo poo at the exit at either of my Costcos. I go to the food court first p much every time

maybe it's dependant on where customer service is? I signed up by walking in the exit to customer service cause it's on the same side

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I don't understand the people that sit there and eat their dogs and pizza with a full cart of paid goods next to them. You ain't got any frozen poo poo in there?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The majority of the times we go to Costco we are lured by the promise of pizza. Nine times out of ten we are unable to obtain said pizza because regardless of time of day, the queue is so loving long we'd be stood there for half an hour. We leave angry.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

The majority of the times we go to Costco we are lured by the promise of pizza. Nine times out of ten we are unable to obtain said pizza because regardless of time of day, the queue is so loving long we'd be stood there for half an hour. We leave angry.

I've never once been to our costco and the cafeteria not been full and chaotic as a DMV. It would help if they would give the boot to the masses of folks just loitering there.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I've never had anyone ask for my card when going up the exit, then again my Costco is also apparently the 3rd busiest in the nation. My usual gameplan is:

- Go up the exit
- Use the kiosk to order a slice and drink (with refill)
- Make use of Costco excellent bathroom facilities
- Return to food court and wait for my number to be called
- Find an open seat, eat delicious communion
- Leave through the exit, grab a cart, and go back through the entrance, showing my card as normal

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
I don’t make a point of using the bathroom but other than that, that’s my form of liturgy at Church too.

Eating first really cuts down on the impulse buys. I usually do it before going grocery shopping at other stores too.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Call Costco 4 pizza on the way
Do shopping
Grab pizza
Unpack stuffs
Eat pizza

Where’s da stress?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else abuse the poo poo out of the buy 5 clothing items get $25 off deal Costco has? I just ordered a bunch of poo poo I kinda want to try and keep whatever works and return the rest. Fuckin love Costco!!!

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

Marc Trujillo, Oil on Canvas https://www.marctrujillo.com/recent-paintings
The address of the Costco is the title of the painting.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I wish the bottles of honey were widenecked instead of the awful flip top, it is difficult to get all the honey out of plastic bottles.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

bird with big dick posted:

7 bucks off choice flank steak = about 7 bucks a pound if you grab the smaller packages, not bad these days.

Is this sale still on? :) It doesn't look like grocery sales are shown on the website... I only see the massive bulk meat deals. Unless I'm just a big dumb-dumb.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Even as a low carb person the hot dog deal is still great and my non-hot dog gets to enjoy a delicious meat soaked bun.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

SirPablo posted:

I don't understand the people that sit there and eat their dogs and pizza with a full cart of paid goods next to them. You ain't got any frozen poo poo in there?

I don't know how long it takes you eat a hot dog or how long you think it takes for frozen food to thaw out, but I assure you it's not a problem for most people.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I also have a cooler bag in my car loaded up with ice packs for when I go to costco so I can gulp as many glizzies as I want

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

DNK posted:

Call Costco 4 pizza on the way
Do shopping
Grab pizza
Unpack stuffs
Eat pizza

Where’s da stress?

Or just order it when you get there. I do that regularly and it's always done by the time I finish shopping.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I also have a cooler bag in my car loaded up with ice packs for when I go to costco so I can gulp as many glizzies as I want

Fair warning: Calling hotdogs "glizzies" might start generating sixers at any time. My patience is considerable, but not without end. And I loving hate that term.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Fair warning: Calling hotdogs "glizzies" might start generating sixers at any time. My patience is considerable, but not without end. And I loving hate that term.

Are u hangry? Maybe u should go guzzle some glizzies

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I might go to Costco later for a hotdog. I'd get pizza if they WOULD BRING BACK THE loving SUPREME.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

if you raise the price of the loving glizzy i will kill you

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Just for the record, I am updating my spreadsheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Costco run tonight. Need diapers and kimchi.