Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Edit: The only thing better from recent years I can think of is the thing where Biden suddenly started rambling about climbing mountains with Xi Jinping. That's still the GOAT of "Dem politician with their brains melting on stage" events.

my favorite is still "America is a nation that can be defined in a single word"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

my favorite is still "America is a nation that can be defined in a single word"

That's the same quote! He goes into the Xi Jinping stuff after that (it's part of what makes it so funny - you think the "defined one word - abluhbluhbluh" is the only funny part, but then the he suddenly starts talking about going 17,000 miles in the Himalayas with Xi Jinping.

That and Trump's RBG quote are hands down the funniest things to happen in at least the last few years.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

That and Trump's RBG quote

still funny, will literally always be funny

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

gently caress yeah straight up presidential

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

That's the same quote! He goes into the Xi Jinping stuff after that (it's part of what makes it so funny - you think the "defined one word - abluhbluhbluh" is the only funny part, but then the he suddenly starts talking about going 17,000 miles in the Himalayas with Xi Jinping.

That and Trump's RBG quote are hands down the funniest things to happen in at least the last few years.

lol i forgot that was the same day. the perfect speech.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

vyelkin posted:

idk, not knowing anything about that speech or what the large politician was trying to say i feel like it might be worth seeing the clip in context rather than in an 8-second video tweeted by a member of Ted Cruz's staff

He knew what he said immediately but it seems like it was exactly the sort of gaffe it appears to be at first glance.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/john-fetterman-fumbles-abortion-comments-at-rally-i-run-on-roe-v-wade-i-celebrate-the-demise-of-roe-v-wade/

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

vyelkin posted:

idk, not knowing anything about that speech or what the large politician was trying to say i feel like it might be worth seeing the clip in context rather than in an 8-second video tweeted by a member of Ted Cruz's staff

no

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

i say swears online posted:

still funny, will literally always be funny
what did he even say I don't remember this

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

vyelkin posted:

Sir! Sir! Please sir, I beg of you, to post the CONTEXT of this racist, centrist democrat senate candidate struggling to put a sentence together. Very simply, this video was posted by a bad twitter account, and it lacks appropriate context of the rest of the speech, sir, and it's not clear if the guy who chased down a black jogger and held him at gunpoint because he heard a gun shot, sir, was simply making a rhetorical point.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Weka posted:

He knew what he said immediately but it seems like it was exactly the sort of gaffe it appears to be at first glance.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/john-fetterman-fumbles-abortion-comments-at-rally-i-run-on-roe-v-wade-i-celebrate-the-demise-of-roe-v-wade/

once you know he's trying to say "Oz celebrates" and not "I celebrate" it sounds to me like that's actually what he's saying even in the short clip, he's just kinda slurring his words because of the stroke :shrug:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

what did he even say I don't remember this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knlJWu815C0

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

vyelkin posted:

once you know he's trying to say "Oz celebrates" and not "I celebrate" it sounds to me like that's actually what he's saying even in the short clip, he's just kinda slurring his words because of the stroke :shrug:

"And it really was Sunday morning! Are you really arguing that it was not in fact both a good morning, and a Sunday morning? So what's inappropriate about Speaker Pelosi simply wishing her viewing audience a good morning, and informing them that this good morning was also a Sunday morning?"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

vyelkin posted:

Why do you hate joy?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

John...

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol i forgot that was the same day. the perfect speech.

Not just the same day, it immediately following the "defined in one word" part.

this comment lol (there are actually a number in this vein)

quote:

Trump can say a lot of distasteful things, and doesn't know when to just be silent sometimes but in this moment he was sincere ans you could just feel his sense of "we need to bridge the divide" was genuine and raw. What he said was actually a beautiful heartfelt message.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

dont care tbh

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

vyelkin posted:

If you think about it putting a bunch of people like Fetterman in congress is ideal for dems because no matter what they actually say you can have someone parse the sheep entrails and come up with a way they actually meant something good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

he’s not FetterWOman

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I have some sympathy for Fetterman, my dad had a stroke and not being able to make words good is incredibly frustrating but at the same time maybe he shouldn't be running for the senate?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

I have some sympathy for Fetterman, my dad had a stroke and not being able to make words good is incredibly frustrating but at the same time maybe he shouldn't be running for the senate?

oz losing to him would be funny

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Der Meister posted:

Yeah his victory speech is going to be good

He might be tomorrows biggest win lmao at america

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yeah his victory speech is going to be good

He might be tomorrows biggest win lmao at america

the dems are gonna get crushed but still win the congressional popular vote

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

"And it really was Sunday morning! Are you really arguing that it was not in fact both a good morning, and a Sunday morning? So what's inappropriate about Speaker Pelosi simply wishing her viewing audience a good morning, and informing them that this good morning was also a Sunday morning?"

Weka
May 5, 2019

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yeah on the personal level this sucks for him and he certainly has my sympathy but he's a politician running on a platform of lovely things (being a democrat) so I have no qualms about saying maybe he should frack off.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If Fetterman had dropped out when he had that stroke, the party 100% would have replaced him on the ballot with Connor Lamb, who would have lost by like ... loving 15%.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

PostNouveau posted:

If Fetterman had dropped out when he had that stroke, the party 100% would have replaced him on the ballot with Connor Lamb, who would have lost by like ... loving 15%.
yeah for all that I've soured on Fetterman he still has a better chance to win than Lamb and he would still make a better senator than Lamb so like, I'm glad he's still running if he wants to run?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I don’t think fetterman has run in a while

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Der Meister posted:

I don’t think fetterman has run in a while

shambling for office

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
what rough beast, its hour come round at last
slouches towards Washington to support fracking

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

I hope fetterman, walker and feinstein establishes the caucus america deserves

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Lamb is a depressing level of milquetoast that works in the south Pittsburgh suburbs and nowhere else

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah for all that I've soured on Fetterman he still has a better chance to win than Lamb and he would still make a better senator than Lamb so like, I'm glad he's still running if he wants to run?

Even having a stroke is a better campaign move than Lamb would have ever done. It would have been spamming emails and then wondering if they lost because they didn't spam enough emails.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Der Meister posted:

also him losing to oz would be funny. this is win win. doesn't get any better than this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it'll be funny tonight but man I do not wanna see oz on the teevee for six years lol

best scenario is that he gets kidnapped and murdered by Erdogan and shapiro just appoints someone

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

synapse posted:

also him losing to oz would be funny. this is win win. doesn't get any better than this

especially if Walker wins

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

It will be impressive if fetidman somehow loses to a grotesque looking snake oil salesman with no charisma that appears to be physically transforming into an evil puppet from a horror movie

Apr 7, 2003

Hatebag posted:

It will be impressive if fetidman somehow loses to a grotesque looking snake oil salesman with no charisma that appears to be physically transforming into an evil puppet from a horror movie

Fetterman shouldn't even be campaigning on how Oz cheated millions out of poor desperate people because the average voter admires that. They'd steal every social security check in the state from their recipients if they could.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Fetterman shouldn't even be campaigning on how Oz cheated millions out of poor desperate people because the average voter admires that. They'd steal every social security check in the state from their recipients if they could.
I dunno this is midterms olds make up more of the electorate

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

*Jumping out of a kitchen cabinet*
Buy my raspberry ketones to cleanse yourself!!

Apr 7, 2003

When the Build the Wall stuff went down and it came out that Brian Kolfage and Steve Bannon were scamming donors and buying boats and poo poo with the money, there were people on TV and on various internet outlets saying that they didn't care and would continue to donate if they could.

These people love scammers and want to have their money taken away by daddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hatebag posted:

*Jumping out of a kitchen cabinet*
Buy my raspberry ketones to cleanse yourself!!

gah!! temhem, temhem, temhem, begone!