Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Shame the ninja maneater isn't one of the models in the set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/31/the-slaves-to-darkness-prepare-to-unleash-chaos-on-the-mortal-realms/

Not on the WarCo main page yet but here's a better look at the new DtD models. With the exception of the Prince since everyone has already seen it by now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man they look good.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Any spoilers or anything on the new OK stuff? Was thinking about grabbing 2 of the current start collecting box but wasn't sure if that would be a viable start any more.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Man, that looks great.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

S.J. posted:

Any spoilers or anything on the new OK stuff? Was thinking about grabbing 2 of the current start collecting box but wasn't sure if that would be a viable start any more.

The new Ogre Stuff looks like a Vangard box with the tyrant, 4 lead belchers, 6 gluttons, iron blaster and 2 mourn fangs.

According to the Sunday preview:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/30/sunday-preview-the-slaves-to-darkness-prepare-to-claim-the-mortal-realms/

Oh! You meant rules, I haven't seen them, sorry.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the new vanguard box which is why I'm asking tbh. But I could be wrong about disliking it also.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

TBH, I think that Vangard box is pretty well balanced for troop choices and options, it's just missing the real big hitters in Iron guts and Stonehorns.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

My current plan is to buy two of the current SC boxes buy idk if that's overkill.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I'm getting big nostalgia draw for the Chaos Warriors but I'm gonna need to see the Chosen in more detail to decide whether I like them. I'm very tempted by the non-beastclaw Ogres too so lets hope this book has better internal balance. Maneaters have a lot of potential for conversions but Ogre sized kits are definitely more difficult to kitbash. I guess Brutogg from Cursed City and Blackbeard from the underworlds warband net 2 in plastic.

Miles O'Brian fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 31, 2022

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

S.J. posted:

From WarComm we know that mournfangs are resistant to Unleash Hell and ranged weapons, Gluttons have increased MW generation, and you can get battleline Maneaters.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah I saw that stuff, just didn't know if there had been any leaks in the mean time I had missed. Ogres are cool but I'm sad their basic infantry aren't getting updated kits.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Probably better off waiting for the book reviews when they show up on saturday to see if you want to pre-order it or not.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Oh for sure! I've got a couple of the old SC boxes held for myself until then :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/01/fight-to-draw-the-eye-of-the-gods-in-battletome-slaves-to-darkness/

And the model preview from yesterday is followed by a rules preview today.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Cross posting from the minis thread.
Painting one of those sigmar dragons for a friend, wanted it to look like he just torched the ground (themed after the sleeping beauty dragon)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Very nice work on the OSL there, I especially like the light on the log.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/02/battletome-slaves-to-darkness-has-new-warscrolls-to-bring-ruin-to-the-mortal-realms

Yet more DtD rules previews available for your perusal.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Cross posting from the minis thread.
Painting one of those sigmar dragons for a friend, wanted it to look like he just torched the ground (themed after the sleeping beauty dragon)

That's amazing!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.goonhammer.com/battletome-ogor-mawtribes-2022-the-goonhammer-review/
https://www.goonhammer.com/model-review-bloodpelt-hunter/

Ogor reviews are up.

https://www.goonhammer.com/slaves-to-darkness-2022-the-goonhammer-review/
As is the Daves to Darkness one.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

My large adult sons have entered a new phase, a phase in which they are unstoppable.

Stonehorns get a second charge phase for their own personal use.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

The Slaves to Darkness book includes a day-1-errata: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/BvKCDxmVrJ2AdcXO.pdf

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
is the Vanguard box for ogres decent?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
oh jeez that tzeentch mark ability is like way beyond "we couldn't think of anything" to feeling like a mean joke.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lucinice posted:

is the Vanguard box for ogres decent?

It is now! I think you’d want two of them to really have something to build from, tho.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Should I just buy two of the old beastclaw SC boxes and two of the new vanguard?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

S.J. posted:

Should I just buy two of the old beastclaw SC boxes and two of the new vanguard?

eyeballing it that's probably ~3500 points with the new costs. how much do you need?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Uhhh not nearly that much. But the options would be nice I guess? Maybe just one of each and an extra stonehorn.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Yeah, I remember the old Beastclaw SC was one of the main "buy two of these and you've got almost an entire legal army" purchases and I figure that and the vanguard are about the same points-wise.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
X-post from mini painting thread
-----------------------------------------------------

Finished the dragon.

(Hatchet job background removal - nasty rear end painting desk needs a tidy.)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

:krad:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Beautiful!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Harvey Mantaco posted:

X-post from mini painting thread
-----------------------------------------------------

Finished the dragon.

(Hatchet job background removal - nasty rear end painting desk needs a tidy.)

Holy gently caress

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

S.J. posted:

Uhhh not nearly that much. But the options would be nice I guess? Maybe just one of each and an extra stonehorn.

Mixing the Beastclaws and Gutbusters probably won't be ideal, so unless you want the flexibility to switch between them it's probably better to pick which looks more appealing to you. If you like Beastclaws, 2 SC boxes + an extra Stonehorn can get you to 1950 points, or you could even go 3 SC boxes, sell all the Mournfang packs, and buy a Kragnos and hit 1970 for like ~$275, which is both probably the cheapest army in all of Warhammer and also a fairly scary list.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Well I don't have any idea what the actual difference between those on the table is outside of 'cavalry' and 'foot dudes', I've just been waiting for the book to come out.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
First of my mawtribe army:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mostly? The Heroes tend to buff one or the other. Mixing them in actually works okay, tho - you definitely want a Butcher and maw pot, and Mournfangs have a role even in Gutbusters now as gunline destroyers.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/07/treat-yourself-this-christmas-with-a-choice-of-seven-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-battleforces/

The Christmas Battleforces have been revealed.
At least the AoS ones bother to include all of the factions. But feels like it's the second or third year in a row with a DoK one.

Edit:
On further investigation this turned out not to be the case.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 7, 2022

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Must... resist... squigs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/07/treat-yourself-this-christmas-with-a-choice-of-seven-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-battleforces/

The Christmas Battleforces have been revealed.
At least the AoS ones bother to include all of the factions. But feels like it's the second or third year in a row with a DoK one.

It feels that way because of how many times they've had codex releases but we haven't had a DoK Christmas box since 2018. I still have it on my shelf, it's almost the same box but it has two Khinerai instead of a Khinerai and Warlocks.