Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Durzel posted:

Fair point. I meant selling TSLA stock, but then I guess he'd be in trouble with their shareholders for doing that? (derivative lawsuit on behalf of Tesla, or breach of fidicuary duty, etc)

I guess what I was thinking of was what would happen if the court said he had to buy Twitter and he claimed he couldn't (I guess that wouldn't work since he did have financials in place), or wouldn't, or something? Like what would actually happen in that case?

Oh drat you did write "sell Tesla stock" and I just glossed right over that whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Just in case

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

~45,000 likes 10 minutes after he posts "Everybody go vote republican". :sigh:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

TulliusCicero posted:

Why the gently caress did E-Groin buy Twiiter for 44 billion anyway?

Was he trying to show off?

mid-life crisis

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Endorph posted:

is there even any evidence of 'left activist groups' pressuring the advertisers to pull out

The hell do you think the answer is

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

explosivo posted:

~45,000 likes 10 minutes after he posts "Everybody go vote republican". :sigh:

I have a strong suspicion that people that would listen to Elon Musk aren't voting Democrat anyway

Twitter is going to become nothing but his personal lickspittle forum in a few days

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Convex posted:

Just in case

i've started reading everything he says in the classic chris chan voice and its made the experience more fun. give ita go

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Kammat posted:

Side question, how the hell did SpaceX manage to get Musk to let the engineers actually do their work without him interfering?

1) You’re assuming he didn’t interfere, which is a bold assumption. He didn’t interfere enough to torpedo the company.
2) Twitter the product is directly wired into his dopamine/attention/posting brain centres. It has a completely different feedback loop than SpaceX’s product of rocket ships.
2a) Therefore, he was doomed to terminally interfere the moment he became owner. It’s giving the pantry key to the kid with the eating disorder, and them doing exactly what Musk is doing here.

e: also Twitter is a public platform designed to get eyeballs on screens. Of course any shenanigans vis-a-vis twitter corp are gonna be wayyyy more public Shan any SpaceX shenanigans.

madmatt112 fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 7, 2022

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

"IBroughttheFunk" posted:

Edit: Here's a take no one should be surprised by:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1589639376186724354

Comedy was made legal on Twitter again like a week ago and it took this long for Elmo to tweet an actual joke.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

That DICK! posted:

i've started reading everything he says in the classic chris chan voice and its made the experience more fun. give ita go

You know, I've never actually had the displeasue of hearing this dude talk

In my head he sounds like one of those alt right dorks on Youtube putting on a gravelly "man" voice

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

madmatt112 posted:

1) You’re assuming he didn’t interfere, which is a bold assumption. He didn’t interfere enough to torpedo the company.

he absolutely interfered constantly, and that's what Starship is - go gently caress off with this small team and blow up this giant thing that will never work constantly, while the rest of us fulfill contracts with the Federal Government for hard currency. Bonus if it ever actually works.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Convex posted:

Just in case

Women, you don't like having rights, do you? Vote Republican!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Edit: Here's a take no one should be surprised by:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1589639376186724354

People who think like this think they’re smarter than everyone else, when they’re really the dumbest motherfuckers alive.

Elon’s just a Republican at this point though, so he’s just being a disingenuous gently caress.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

MrQwerty posted:

my dad calls SpaceX "baby engineers," ballistic missile dudes don't have any respect for SX's work environment or methodology and it's a stepping stone to getting a for-life job because everyone knows their spot at SX is tenuous at best because of who the CEO is. I've had this confirmed by people who went to his group from SX.

The work environment stuff is a real thing, SpaceX absolutely takes advantage of the enthusiasm of their workers. Regardless of who the CEO is, they have a major burn out problem.

OTOH a trad MIC ballistic missile dude not respecting their methodology is like, when have you last done any new engineering yourself? The space industry before spacex was sitting around and collecting big checks. Nice job for your dad, but a poo poo deal for the US taxpayer. SpaceX took the ethos of silicon valley in rapid iteration via failure, but before silicon valley that was the ethos of the space race. It's a good way to get poo poo done.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

To counter Biden's woke student loan forgiveness, I recommend that we vote for a Congress that will pass constitutional amendments against abortion and gay sex

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

TulliusCicero posted:

You know, I've never actually had the displeasue of hearing this dude talk

In my head he sounds like one of those alt right dorks on Youtube putting on a gravelly "man" voice

Oh, you are missing out. Every time I actually listen to him, I'm surprised by what an incredibly uncharismatic speaker he is, but in a very quiet fumbling-for-words kind of way. It's as far as you can get from his wannabe twitter persona, but I guess being uncomfortable and unengaging in public is a positive because it makes him "relatable".

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

People who think like this think they’re smarter than everyone else, when they’re really the dumbest motherfuckers alive.

Elon’s just a Republican at this point though, so he’s just being a disingenuous gently caress.

His engineers refused to deliver his bullshit before the election so this is his best effort lie.

Hopefully people have noticed they are losing freedom left and right in America and stop voting for the motherfuckers who keep banning things.

Literally the only thing the Republican party is offering is for various random poo poo to be outlawed.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Remember when Elon/tesla bought a poo poo ton of bitcoin and it shot up and then he announced u can by a tesla with it and it skyrocketed and people all piled in and then he said just kidding nevermind and crypto crashed never to recover? And people trust this man?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

leon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2SxHM0l6Dw

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

spunkshui posted:

His engineers refused to deliver his bullshit before the election so this is his best effort lie.

Hopefully people have noticed they are losing freedom left and right in America and stop voting for the motherfuckers who keep banning things.

Literally the only thing the Republican party is offering is for various random poo poo to be outlawed.

Narrator: “The American people overwhelmingly voted for Republicans anyway.”

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Klyith posted:

The work environment stuff is a real thing, SpaceX absolutely takes advantage of the enthusiasm of their workers. Regardless of who the CEO is, they have a major burn out problem.

OTOH a trad MIC ballistic missile dude not respecting their methodology is like, when have you last done any new engineering yourself? The space industry before spacex was sitting around and collecting big checks. Nice job for your dad, but a poo poo deal for the US taxpayer. SpaceX took the ethos of silicon valley in rapid iteration via failure, but before silicon valley that was the ethos of the space race. It's a good way to get poo poo done.

He was doing iterative BMDS stuff that was a lot of reworking old stuff into new stuff, so his criticism of SX holds weight compared to someone at, say, SLA/Boeing/LockMart cuz he was at a nat'l lab, getting hosed over on contracts for big MIC stuff they could have done cheaper, at some points as cheap or cheaper than SX. When LockMart managed his lab they were overbidding his team and then being handed projects they proceeded to gently caress up. The guys I met who came to his group from SX all had come to Jesus moments when they started working on it. Not indicative of the industry as a whole, though, working for the research government will always gently caress you when you're competing with the MIC government.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 7, 2022

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

TulliusCicero posted:

Is... is he writing these himself?

:hmbol:

I can’t believe the fact check was actually necessary

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Convex posted:

Just in case

Can someone explain how this isn't the exact thing that Chuds always bitch about, a company openly being partisan in an election?

Also serious question: is Musk a citizen of the US? Can he even vote?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

Can someone explain how this isn't the exact thing that Chuds always bitch about, a company openly being partisan in an election?

It's owning the libs so it's ok

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Colon Mush

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Yea he’s a citizen

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

"- Eight Dollars: the features cost $8"

I'm so glad they clarified, cause I was a little confused.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Convex posted:

Just in case

He definitely knocked Putin up and Putin is posting through it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A Frosty Witch posted:

"- Eight Dollars: the features cost $8"

I'm so glad they clarified, cause I was a little confused.

It’s not even accurate !!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

:hmbol:

Not going to lie this got me and I'm not even mad

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

Yes and yes.

And it’s protected free speech so there’s no conflict with him saying it and owning Twitter, it’s just probably not a great idea seeing how at least two of his other companies rely on federal money and Twitter is currently based in San Francisco, CA. Dems won’t directly punish him for it, but later down the line, endorsing Ron DeSantis and the Republican Party could make it easier to, say, cut back on Space X contracts.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Has he replied to his own dumbass Nazi Carrier pidgeon meme again yet?

Third times the charm in Comedy Elon

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The real comedy is in r/elonmusk

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

davecrazy posted:

I refuse to venture in there myself, based on the idea I might get an incurable brain parasite that causes you to believe Elon Musk is smart

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

davecrazy posted:

This is a cruel lie to tell a naive person

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what is happening

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1589646682710417408?s=20&t=3RLAgZOAUGG9QPIsG-CfIA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1589648898695794689?s=20&t=3RLAgZOAUGG9QPIsG-CfIA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1589649285880385536?s=20&t=3RLAgZOAUGG9QPIsG-CfIA

edit added screencaps because he deleted em lol

Ehud fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012