Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ymgve posted:

It has 73 on opencritic. That's in "not very good" territory.

I think that's the highest a 3D sonic has scored since sonic generations (76?!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its more ambitious looking than forces so I'm excited no matter what

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The game leaked days ago, going from what I've seen the world is so freaking ugly. Idk, I just wanted more sonic adventures

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sonic is back baby

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The best sonic game is seeing people post about it and never having played it other than a toys r us kiosk in elementary school.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i hope its good and fun for those who are excited for it :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The game leaked days ago, going from what I've seen the world is so freaking ugly. Idk, I just wanted more sonic adventures

what is weird too is that there are side scrolling bonus missions that look really nice! if the game was entirely side scrolling, then I would be excited for it. But I see the open world stuff, and just how dull it all looks, and I completely lose interest.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

haha what posted:

i hope its good and fun for those who are excited for it :)

i hope they have a horrible time and have to come post about how it ruined their life

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So what is it some kind of Sonic GTA?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nah, just another 3D Sonic game with a slightly bigger sandbox. Seems like a solid 7/10 game going by reviews so far:

https://twitter.com/cybrid101/status/1589626286447550465?s=46&t=WxvSz5G6O3SkcOlhFB4psQ

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Sonic is loving ownage

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i only care what egm has to say

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Sonic fans can't agree on anything...some of them want him to go super fast, some of them want him to go super slow...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Help Im Alive posted:

The Sonic fans can't agree on anything...some of them want him to go super fast, some of them want him to go super slow...

Adventure 2 speed is ideal

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Good news then, you can actually toggle Sonic’s speed (among other things) whenever you want to in this game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I want him to go so fast that the action is impossible to see regardless of your monitor's refresh rate.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

stev posted:

I want him to go so fast that the action is impossible to see regardless of your monitor's refresh rate.

From what I can tell that’s actually possible to a degree (just set everything to max)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Larryb posted:

Nah, just another 3D Sonic game with a slightly bigger sandbox. Seems like a solid 7/10 game going by reviews so far:

https://twitter.com/cybrid101/status/1589626286447550465?s=46&t=WxvSz5G6O3SkcOlhFB4psQ

lol at a 1/3 of the names of these review sites

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the quality of a sonic game is measured in number of cheesy vocal themes featured and frontiers is on the higher end of the list

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Surprised by God Is A Geek's lowish score, they usually love Christ figures like Sonic

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ymgve posted:

It has 73 on opencritic. That's in "not very good" territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDMz2ml0gw

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
7/10 is good and makes the game sound more interesting than it would have otherwise been if it was getting 9s and 10s.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Motto posted:

the quality of a sonic game is measured in number of cheesy vocal themes featured and frontiers is on the higher end of the list

Yeah, if you like cheesy buttrock Frontiers is filled to the brim with it

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Larryb posted:

Yeah, if you like cheesy buttrock Frontiers is filled to the brim with it

but does Knuckles rap?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

He prefers to flex his muscles.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

but does Knuckles rap?

Unfortunately not

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not putting much faith in Frontiers but I'll try it out at least

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Was Colors the "recent" one people really liked? I forget

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Generations was good but that came out eleven years ago

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Was Colors the "recent" one people really liked? I forget

Mania is the most recent one that people loved.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I have read percussion of evil, and it is about the marimba.

wtf

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
marimba owns, idiot

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, that was the classic 2D revival that people loved and it's literally the best reviewed Sonic game almost ever so of course they did nothing with that.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

super slow happened in sonic labyrinth and i think people generally agree it's one of if not the worst game in the series

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looper posted:

super slow happened in sonic labyrinth and i think people generally agree it's one of if not the worst game in the series

Let me put it this way: I would rather replay Sonic 06 from scratch than ever touch Labyrinth again

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Looper posted:

marimba owns, idiot

gently caress yeah it does

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Looper posted:

marimba owns, idiot

calling a mod an idiot is redundant.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

what are some good video game tracks prominently featuring marimba?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Looper posted:

marimba owns, idiot

lil peek behind the curtain marimba was just the first percussion instrument i could think of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

lil peek behind the curtain marimba was just the first percussion instrument i could think of

thought of the marimba before "drums"