Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I should probably stop buying games.

I've had steam for 15 years. Of these games, I've played 2 of them in the last year.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

Anyone tried Terror from the Void mod for Phoenix Point? It's supposed to be a big long war style mod for PP. I got PP in a bundle and never played much because of all the complaints and the early game didn't grab me either, but I still vaguely prefer og X-Com to new Xcom so I've always wanted to see the game succeed.
For some real OG x-com play Xenonauts.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

For some real OG x-com play Xenonauts.

The second one should be coming out soon ish. It’s being play tested now.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

And is it me or does it feel like Turn Based JRPGs just aren't a thing anymore unless I wanna dust off the roms?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1637730/Crystal_Project/ is easily one of this year's GOTY contenders

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mescal posted:

what's valve's written policy on matters like hitler etc?

"If we can take a cut we don't care"

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mescal posted:

what's valve's written policy on matters like hitler etc?
"Let The Algorithm take care of it and only devote man hours if the internet raises a big enough stink."

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
It was originally called "gently caress Hitler" but valve was all "Eh... you sure about this? This could be read as "Have sex with Hitler"." so they changed the name to clarify.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rebel Blob posted:

Thanks for the recommendation Steam.

Finally a game where I can gently fondle Hitler's tits and rear end

Leal fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 7, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What causes those games to soar up to the top of the trending list everytime anyways. Do they use bots to generate artificial hype by constantly visiting the store page or what

im sure some of the ranking algorithm is looking at clickthrough rates and not just actual purchases
and games like sex with hitler make really good clickbait

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
please stop clicking on Sex With Hitler 3D

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Is there a lot of dialogue in this one? I kinda like how you make your own adventure with it.

edit: VVV Thank you for that! VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 7, 2022

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Kragger99 posted:

Is there a lot of dialogue in this one? I kinda like how you make your own adventure with it.

it is a good game, but you've got to like walking a lot and navigating without a map for a while. and a nontrivial amount of platforming. i think the platforming is fun but the walking around isn't

i thought that somebody said it's replayable because it's progen but the map is always the same. certainly feels procgen.

it's not dialog-heavy at all

Mescal fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 7, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZeGOS2B4VU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

tildes posted:

Prodeus, as mentioned, is the only one I can think of.

Dusk has been supposed to get a coop campaign for a long time, but at this point idk when it will actually come out.
Alright thanks!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
10 hours into harvestella and I don't really feel like the farming is as half-baked as people make it out to be. Seems to be largely as involved as any other farming game I have played. The main difference appears to be that your farmable land is comparatively limited otherwise it's the same poo poo. You've got 1 time plants, you've got last the whole season plants, you've got permanent trees. Your tools upgrade and power up and let you tool more effectively. There's an assortment of food processing you can do for varying things (currently I can make feed producers, flour mills, and fermening barrels).

The main difference is that in stardew for example, you have to put a lot of work into your farm. You need to clear the land, you need to plant things and your goal is to get up to planting more and more of the big money crops until the back half of the season is just blueberries making it rain and all of your stamina is spent on poo poo tools and managing a farm you can make as big as you can handle.. Whereas in Harvestella, you start with a small farm and chunks of that small farm have rocks that are too big for you to deal with efficiently. So even then you're doing basically the same poo poo you do in every farm game, but since you've only got like 15 plots before you make the hammer and maybe 23 ish after, it just doesn't take up that much of your playtime. Even later when you upgrade the farm and get a 2nd plot, still a tiny baby farm compared to what stardew or RF dump on you right off the bat. Plus stamina is basically meaningless in this game. As long as you have eaten something, you will be hard pressed to run out before the day is over.

ROI on crops themselves is kinda rubbish, best so far is 65 grilla on unionion for a single growth crop. But if you get the seeds for free, such as in dungeons or for quest completion, it tends to be pretty solid. So instead of figuring out which crop is the best ROI and just planting as much of that as your stamina bar will let you handle, you kinda just plant whatever you have on hand because free crap seeds are better ROI than bought good seeds. But mainly you want to be making stuff to make food to turn in for the 1 time bonuses from inns for insane piles of money and this takes a wide range of produce.

Anyway, currently I think it's pretty good!

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 7, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

KSP2. Looks fuckin legit

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XAL3XaP-LyE&feature=share&si=EMSIkaIECMiOmarE6JChQQ

Feb 2023

Sprenk
May 8, 2005

(not fat)
Wow, Prodeus loving owns. Earlier in the thread I seem to recall some discussion about rebinding the weapon selection keys (it feels a little awkward to cycle through pistol and SMG to get to the chaingun). Does anyone remember the recommendation?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Sprenk posted:

Wow, Prodeus loving owns. Earlier in the thread I seem to recall some discussion about rebinding the weapon selection keys (it feels a little awkward to cycle through pistol and SMG to get to the chaingun). Does anyone remember the recommendation?

I just used the cheat-y paused weapon selection menu, which was quite useful given how fast guns empty and how slow they reloaded. Tell us when you get further in how you feel about that checkpoint system, will ya? It really ruined the later hard stages for me, I felt.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Serephina posted:

I just used the cheat-y paused weapon selection menu, which was quite useful given how fast guns empty and how slow they reloaded. Tell us when you get further in how you feel about that checkpoint system, will ya? It really ruined the later hard stages for me, I felt.

Yeah I just got used to the weapon menu. There's too many guns to deal with scrolling/hitting keys.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

More modern boomer shooters should do weapon a selection menu that pauses the game.
I know it's not very hardcore but figuring out weapon keybinds for those games is always a pain in the rear end.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Serephina posted:

I played through the whole campaign and never once noticed the checkpoint system tbh, seemed totally fine for me.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

More modern boomer shooters should do weapon a selection menu that pauses the game.
I know it's not very hardcore but figuring out weapon keybinds for those games is always a pain in the rear end.

I really hate when weapon wheels merely slow down the passage of time :(

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sprenk posted:

i bound the weapon in each category that i actually used to the numbers and just rebound for upgrades/new weapons

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Jack Trades posted:

Even though it's 2022, I still adhere to Doom-era weapon keybindings, and am thrown off when they don't conform to my conditioning. 1 is melee, 2 is starter gun, 3 is shotgun, 4 is automatic shooty gun, 5 is rockets, 6 is lasers, 7 is ultimate weapon. 8 thru = are open tho

Whenever I have to look at a weapon selection menu or inventory UI in a first person shooter I am filled with utter dread.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

credburn posted:

Even though it's 2022, I still adhere to Doom-era weapon keybindings, and am thrown off when they don't conform to my conditioning. 1 is melee, 2 is starter gun, 3 is shotgun, 4 is automatic shooty gun, 5 is rockets, 6 is lasers, 7 is ultimate weapon. 8 thru = are open tho

Whenever I have to look at a weapon selection menu or inventory UI in a first person shooter I am filled with utter dread.

What are you pressing 7 with? Your nose?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Prodeus has 3 weapons for each ammo type (though only 1 plasma weapon in the campaign atm) and I found it to be a bit too much, a lot of redundancy in that game's arsenal.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm 50/50 on the Prodeus weaponry. It's a lot of guns but they're all good so it's not a pain in the rear end to manage them like in Doom: Eternal. You'll use certain ones because they're more fun and better in a situation but not because you feel like you're at a disadvantage for not using any particular one.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i also reported sex with H and furry H.

quote:

I hate this. Hosting this content is what corporate-types call "reputational risk." And it's almost certainly against the law to sell in a number of countries.

Please point me to your written policy on hate speech and white supremacy.

The flag button is in the righthand bar of every game page.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jack Trades posted:

What are you pressing 7 with? Your nose?

Pointer finger? Was this a trick question? Or do I just have freakishly large hands? :ohdear:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mescal posted:

i also reported sex with H

original or 3d? they're two separate games
idk if they're te same developer or what

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
When do I get to have sex with Hitler in 4D?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

When I played wow, I learned that despite having big hands and good dexterity from playing guitar, there was no way I was reliably hitting any number on the row past 5. I used the ctrl modifier so I was able to have ten abilities hotkeyed. Anything else got clicked and if my dps suffered, the rest of the group can lick my butt

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s why you get a mouse with numbers on the side.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the default mmo layout of putting keys on 1234567890-= is so insane to me
in ffxiv i think i rebound it to 12345 + zxcvb + qe and it was 100x more ergonomic.

people have way more complicated ergonomic layouts with all the keys around wasd assigned in random orders but i like having them organized on the hotbar the same way they're organized on the actual keyboard

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

MarcusSA posted:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

MarcusSA posted:

Bold of you to assume I can handle more than three input options on a mouse

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I swapped to controller on FF14 when I started levelling my first class and getting so many buttons to bind that even using alt/ctrl/shift as modifiers I kept running out of comfortable places to assign them to.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I've got Logitech G700 with 14 buttons on it, laid out in a much MUCH more ergonomic way than something stupid like Razer Naga and I'm dreading the day I have to find a replacement for it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't expect I'd find manipulating a ton of tiny buttons with my thumb to be much easier than using the keyboard. FF14 has some pretty great controller support that didn't take me much time to get used to when I tried it out on my Deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mescal posted:

i also reported sex with H and furry H.

The flag button is in the righthand bar of every game page.

It didn't even occur to me but yeah they could get into serious trouble in the EU and especially Germany.