Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

flatluigi posted:

yeah, tidychat lets you filter specific messages and even combines repetitive messages
oh man thank you I will get right on that

edit: yes this is perfect tysm

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I thought it was fun coming up with a deck for Reverse, one for Same and/or Plus, one for Ascension, and then a general good deck. Though, I feel like all the Same/Plus NPCs I've run into lately I end up just using my General deck for because their decks don't have cards that facilitate big plays against me and just having big numbers has been fine enough to get consistent wins.

super sweet best pal posted:

Worst part of Triple Triad (aside from Chaos) is once you've built a solid deck there's really no room for improvement. Did add some of the new one stars to my Reverse deck.

There is kind of a sad feeling of getting a bunch of new cards and looking through them and seeing that none of them are really useful in a deck.

Two-Star cards are the worst, though. They have no reason to exist outside of like-- fairly early on when you don't have a lot of cards you're not going to want them in Reverse Deck and you're not going to want them in a Regular Deck.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
they exist cause the game will only let me cram so many 5 or 4 star cards in

I also have a deck labelled "dicklord" specifically for that one rear end in a top hat in the battlehall

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
They should do constructed tourneys with differing deck building limitations. I love both the open tourneys and the constructed tourneys, but I agree that it's really hard to make new cards upgrade decks without just shattering the existing boundaries on card power (i.e. they made a corner 8/9 3*).

On another note, just hit 50 wins in Seal Rock! Only 50 more to go before my shiny coat (argh)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm surprised they're still making TT cards, it feels like there's only so much you can do with cards that can only have 4 numbers between 1-10(A).

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
After playing as a F Midlander since ARR’s launch, decided to use my first free fantasia on making a F Au Ra (and then blew the second one because lighting in this game is deceptive and I was not expecting the dark brown skin tone I wanted to just be flat out dark purple)

The animations I feel are quite a bit better (an actually good running animation plus the jump is no longer a “frozen in place” kind of jump either)

I’m curious on whether they ended up making improvements to the other races added down the line too now

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

MechaX posted:

After playing as a F Midlander since ARR’s launch, decided to use my first free fantasia on making a F Au Ra (and then blew the second one because lighting in this game is deceptive and I was not expecting the dark brown skin tone I wanted to just be flat out dark purple)

The animations I feel are quite a bit better (an actually good running animation plus the jump is no longer a “frozen in place” kind of jump either)

I’m curious on whether they ended up making improvements to the other races added down the line too now

The later added races are pretty much better across the board in that regard. I'd imagine that's something the 7.0 update will address.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm surprised they're still making TT cards, it feels like there's only so much you can do with cards that can only have 4 numbers between 1-10(A).

There are 10,000 possible combinations possible with those numbers values in four positions, but since the lowest total value of the numbers is something like 13 and the highest value total is something like 28 you get a lot less combinations. I'm not entirely sure what the formula for figuring the total number that fit those restrictions are, but I'm sure a goon with better maths skills can answer.

MechaX posted:

I really dislike the weird filter the game puts on the character creator and hairstylist that changes the lighting so that you don't get a completely accurate showcase of what the colors will look like in the game. Installing something like Anamnesis even just for testing things out beforehand has been very helpful to me. Especially since it gives me a feel for whether or not I really want to spend time/effort on chasing down a hairstyle or glamour piece, or if I just want to satiate any feelings of the grass being greener with a different race.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I generally find the cliffside setting in the creator matches the in-game lighting pretty well. Just in case someone doesn't know, you can rotate your character with left click to get light shining where you want if you're unsure about colors, while right click will rotate just the camera if you want to see the shaded side.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Dragongem posted:

On another note, just hit 50 wins in Seal Rock! Only 50 more to go before my shiny coat (argh)

jesus loving christ this number ticks up so slowly. it's causing me psychic damage

I'm at 34

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Potsticker posted:

There are 10,000 possible combinations possible with those numbers values in four positions, but since the lowest total value of the numbers is something like 13 and the highest value total is something like 28 you get a lot less combinations. I'm not entirely sure what the formula for figuring the total number that fit those restrictions are, but I'm sure a goon with better maths skills can answer.

I really dislike the weird filter the game puts on the character creator and hairstylist that changes the lighting so that you don't get a completely accurate showcase of what the colors will look like in the game. Installing something like Anamnesis even just for testing things out beforehand has been very helpful to me. Especially since it gives me a feel for whether or not I really want to spend time/effort on chasing down a hairstyle or glamour piece, or if I just want to satiate any feelings of the grass being greener with a different race.

The non-crimetools way to test this is to use a retainer fantasia and use that appearance on one of your retainers before you fantasia yourself. Then you can glam up their gear and summon them at a marketboard bell to get a decent idea of how that'll look for you.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Potsticker posted:

I'm fairly certain that some share the same positions since you have have tribals/primals/garleans etc

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

just crime it imo. either replace your own character model or use the appearance on an alt and mod on your normal gear.

especially important if you're changing races. what if you select a voice that sounds fine in the previews but in combat you get viera #7?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vitamean posted:

just crime it imo. either replace your own character model or use the appearance on an alt and mod on your normal gear.

especially important if you're changing races. what if you select a voice that sounds fine in the previews but in combat you get viera #7?

Just own the voice. It worked for me and I never went back. cheerful catgirl "Hya!" every other gcd

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Thundarr posted:

Just own the voice. It worked for me and I never went back. cheerful catgirl "Hya!" every other gcd

If you told me my roe had a voice I'd find it hard to believe you. I hear other WoLs emoting and grunting, but mine might as well be the mute he is in cutscenes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I played with voices at 10 or 0 because of all the combat grunting (especially on ranged jobs) which is great because you miss out on VO and can't use the volume chat command inside cutscenes anymore.

But lately I just keep them higher because the voice I picked is really great for /chuckle and /laugh.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Thundarr posted:

Dareon posted:

If you told me my roe had a voice I'd find it hard to believe you. I hear other WoLs emoting and grunting, but mine might as well be the mute he is in cutscenes.
My fun story is that I created a catgirl alt on Aether but basically only played Summoner there, where you never hear their voice in combat. Eventually I decided I wanted to do all the role quests so I started leveling Dancer and Gunbreaker which is when I discovered that I had chosen the obnoxious voice. I don't mind it but it annoys many other people; a few months ago I did a dungeon as Dancer and the tank stopped after the second pull to turn down voices.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFEf4oPQmk

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

there's a couple of lalas on ravana that run around the limsa aether being surprised at poo poo

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Zeruel posted:

I'm fairly certain that some share the same positions since you have have tribals/primals/garleans etc

Yeah, that will add more variations too. I haven't done a dive to see if there are duplicates with different tribes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they exist.

Khizan posted:

The non-crimetools way to test this is to use a retainer fantasia and use that appearance on one of your retainers before you fantasia yourself. Then you can glam up their gear and summon them at a marketboard bell to get a decent idea of how that'll look for you.

That's still the same character creator with the same dark edge filter on it, though. You're not going to be able to see a lot of animations either. Plus, like, spending 5 minutes swapped to a different race and walking around the inn room gives me a hit of the like-- desire to change. I can ask myself. "Does this actually look good? Will I be happy if I make this change?" and have the answer pretty straight away. Over my three characters I've fantasia'd each one basically once a piece because I knew what I was getting into before making the change.

The downside to being a criminal is all the frustration that you can't just put together the perfect outfit in game like you can with the tools. But that's also why I don't use it very often.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Today I learned: A Summoner can totally solo Vigil for the Lost on the Southern Front without vuln stacks and then immediately eat poo poo in the duel afterwards

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Postmoogle Cap acquired, begin outfit coordination!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/The_Eggroller/status/1589619023716970497?t=v22B8EdEDyQDySrmbXJ7nA&s=19

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Your class and item level is locked in when you queue, no need to change gear inside

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Tamba posted:

Your class and item level is locked in when you queue, no need to change gear inside

I do it just so the guy checking for naked players gets mad.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:guillotine:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

(re)cleared A12S and cleared T13 tonight! On to A8S. Which I hear is very hard.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

DanielCross posted:

Today I learned: A Summoner can totally solo Vigil for the Lost on the Southern Front without vuln stacks and then immediately eat poo poo in the duel afterwards

I soloed Red Comet as BLM. Bring reflect.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

hazardousmouse posted:

jesus loving christ this number ticks up so slowly. it's causing me psychic damage

I'm at 34
I'm at 66 and I think I will see that level 60 undyeable coat some time in 2030+, they'll probably add it to some malmstone series or moogle treasure trove event before I reach 100.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I gave up on that coat a long time ago. I'm just happy to have a cool helmet and spurred boots that don't take up dresser space.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Dwesa posted:

I'm at 66 and I think I will see that level 60 undyeable coat some time in 2030+, they'll probably add it to some malmstone series or moogle treasure trove event before I reach 100.

I made the mistake of joining revival wings last night and I'm going to get 100 wins there before ever getting close on the FL ones

i would like to get in on premade FL team stacking action, anyone know of any discord servers for FL?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 8, 2022

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

DanielCross posted:

any job can solo anything in bozja, given how completely overpowered you can make yourself with proper essence and action usage. in fact, the fewer people sign up the better, because that way their weak, noodly limbs cannot lower the echo scaling and make things take longer

Zeruel posted:

(re)cleared A12S and cleared T13 tonight! On to A8S. Which I hear is very hard.

for blue mage, i assume? the good news is that with blu 70, you can just burst down Blaster so you no longer have to worry about enmity shenanigans, and you can skip gavel through raw dps so you won't have to suffer heated debates on how the game assigns role-based mechanics in a party consisting entirely of dps

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

a cartoon duck posted:

any job can solo anything in bozja, given how completely overpowered you can make yourself with proper essence and action usage. in fact, the fewer people sign up the better, because that way their weak, noodly limbs cannot lower the echo scaling and make things take longer
disclaimer: I think this isn't true for CLL/Dalriada because they have a hard minimum scaling? but I could be wrong (it's like 3 people, so it's almost universally true anyway)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Both of the raids require split paths, so that's another issue.

But that's not usually what people mean for soloing Bozja content.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Both of the raids require split paths, so that's another issue.

But that's not usually what people mean for soloing Bozja content.

I take one path, Carbuncle takes the other. It still works!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

disclaimer: I think this isn't true for CLL/Dalriada because they have a hard minimum scaling? but I could be wrong (it's like 3 people, so it's almost universally true anyway)

due to the split path bosses you need a minimum of two people, but the echo scaling is still the same, where fewer people means bigger echo. a run that's just me and a pal is considerably faster than us two plus six randos who use no essences and only bring actions like bubble and stoneskin

this is extra bad in delubrum reginae, where pure essences are hugely powerful and bosses are scaled around people at least somewhat engaging with the lost finds system, meaning a run where everyone actually bothers to bring the bare minimum takes 20 minutes, but your average run where most people don't even bother popping poo poo like martialist or aetherweaver take 40 to 50 minutes

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The ideal bozja fate farming party will stand far enough away from all the fates spawn locations that when they spawn they have HP appropriate for one player, then a swarm comes in and murders them in seconds

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

due to the split path bosses you need a minimum of two people, but the echo scaling is still the same, where fewer people means bigger echo. a run that's just me and a pal is considerably faster than us two plus six randos who use no essences and only bring actions like bubble and stoneskin

this is extra bad in delubrum reginae, where pure essences are hugely powerful and bosses are scaled around people at least somewhat engaging with the lost finds system, meaning a run where everyone actually bothers to bring the bare minimum takes 20 minutes, but your average run where most people don't even bother popping poo poo like martialist or aetherweaver take 40 to 50 minutes

The problem there is expecting people to actually use consumables.

People HATE using consumables in jrpgs that they don't feel are negligable to replace.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

it's more negligible than the time i lost on god's gay earth because their dumb asses couldn't be bothered to spend five clusters to get a better essence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Madmarker posted:

The problem there is expecting people to actually use consumables.

People HATE using consumables in jrpgs that they don't feel are negligable to replace.
honestly the bozja and eureka systems are terrible designed and should not be consumables at all, you should unlock them via the fragments for unlimited use

like literally you can't even do some poo poo with eureka relics until you've created X many of the actions but you have no reason to do that because you only use the best ones anyway