Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

IPlayVideoGames posted:

They’ve been assuring us it’s Tuna and I have no reason to disbelieve them.

They’ll never not be obsessed with this particular conspiracy. Particularly regarding Michelle Obama.

I think maybe she meant the bread for the sandwiches contains yoga mats and I'm not even going to look that one up because it sounds exactly as stupid as "McDonald's hamburgers are actually made of ground-up worms supplied by a company called 100% beef".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The bread contained a chemical that was also in Yoga Mats as a foaming/fluffing agent; it's completely edible and isn't shown to have any harm in humans as far as I know. It's like saying "You put salt on your food? But that contains chlorine the chemical they use to kill algae in pools!"; you're not, in the strictest sense of the word, wrong, but your interpretation skips several key steps.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

She believed several very stupid food additive conspiracy theories which I will post when we reach that point in my notes.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You can skip the one about Tim Hortons having caffeine in it. We've all heard that one.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The Subway uses ground up yoga mats thing is literally a Simpsons joke, from the episode The PTA Disbands where Skinner is struggling with funding the school.

*Lunchlady Doris feeding a gym mat into a meat grinder* "There's very little meat in these gym mats!"

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Twelve by Pies posted:

The Subway uses ground up yoga mats thing is literally a Simpsons joke, from the episode The PTA Disbands where Skinner is struggling with funding the school.

*Lunchlady Doris feeding a gym mat into a meat grinder* "There's very little meat in these gym mats!"

Its actually real, but chuds made it way more than it is.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/subway-no-more-yoga-mat-chemical-in-our-bread/

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Twelve by Pies posted:

But what if I were to buy Manduka yoga mats and pass them off as my own?

Mad Hamish posted:

She believed several very stupid food additive conspiracy theories which I will post when we reach that point in my notes.
Theories about color dyes seem too quaint for the Q crowd, so I'm imagining it's got to be something really out there.

Zero_Grade fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 13, 2022

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Zero_Grade posted:

But what if I were to buy Manduka yoga mats and pass them off as my own?

Delightfully devilish, Jared!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The coworker journal is definitely good enough for it’s own thread

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Another case of dihydrogen monoxide sounding scary so people freak out.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

August 25, 2020
• Tunnels under the Geddes mansion.
• “Some poo poo happening” on Sept 17th.

August 26, 2020
• In China someone born in 1966 is a ‘fire horse’ and would have been killed.
• Vidal Sassoon is a member of the Illuminati.

August 27 2020
• Owls are an Illuminati symbol and are on US paper currency.
• Oreos have the Cross of Lorraine on them and she won’t eat them because she doesn’t want that symbolism inside her body.
• Howie Mandel will ‘go down.’

August 28, 2020
• Planetary basic income.
• Celebrities steal the blood of the young to stay young, adrenochrome also does this.
• Stephen Harper is evil and was involved with 9/11.

So obviously nothing ever happened on Sent 17th, or any other 17th of any other month, because Les was delusional.
I have literally no idea what this 'fire horse' thing she was talking about meant but I assume it was Chinese astrology?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yeah that stood out to me so I double-checked (gently caress no I don't know Chinese astrology cold), but 1966 was indeed a fire horse year*. However, that's not really that big a deal at all. People don't generally care about astrology in China (it's different than the European one, but the Cultural Revolution really knocked down its traditional power), or in as much as they do it's pretty mild.

There's a belief in Japan (that has a similar but different zodiac) that women born then might kill their husband later, so at least according to Wikipedia the female birthrate has a very small but statistically noticeable drop on those years. (About 4%, so on the level of "possibly one fewer girl in an entire elementary school class".) But, you know, Japan in fact isn't China[citation needed] and they've had a few disagreements recently.

And, you know, just to really hammer it I also checked with some Chinese friends and many of them have parents/uncles/aunts/cousins who were born in 1966 in either the PRC or the ROC ; this isn't a hard thing to disprove by just asking some random Chinese people until you zero in on people about the right age, it only costs you being like, moderately polite.

*In case your entire exposure is cheap Chinese restaurants, in addition to the 12 year animal cycle the Chinese Zodiac also cycles through the Chinese elements meaning you get more combos and the whole cycle actually takes 60 years before it repeats exactly.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone born in 1966 was a fire horse. Every year has an animal and an element ascribed to it. To be precise 1966 was yang fire horse but it doesn't really mean anything, even if you believe in this type of stuff. It's mostly a vehicle for astrology and more so to tell when someone was born without outright asking them their age.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I misread that as "fire hose" at first so obviously they were hosing out CORONA

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
In America, someone born in 1966 would be a 'baby boomer', which is an Occidental phrase which I believe translates to 'one who makes children explode'.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Mad Hamish posted:

• Oreos have the Cross of Lorraine on them and she won’t eat them because she doesn’t want that symbolism inside her body.

Wikipedia posted:

During World War II, Capitaine de corvette Thierry d'Argenlieu suggested the Cross of Lorraine as the symbol of the Free French Forces led by Charles de Gaulle as an answer to the Nazi swastika
:thunk:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Angry Salami posted:

In America, someone born in 1966 would be a 'baby boomer', which is an Occidental phrase which I believe translates to 'one who makes children explode'.

Yeah it’s a huge generation. In Canada it technically starts in the early 1940s because we already had people coming back from war by then.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Angry Salami posted:

GenX starts in 1965 by most accounts. Baby boomers are the boom in babies being born post WWII which is the period from 1945 to 1965.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Angry Salami posted:

That only refers to the ones who were at least 18 in 1966.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

September 14, 2020
• “I think a lot because it tunes out the tinnitus.”
Compares herself having to wear a mask with the murder of George Floyd. “If I can't breathe I’m pulling a George Floyd.”

September 15, 2020
• Tinnitus is caused by chemicals in the food.
• Trump is getting ready to jail people any day now.
• Trump was nominated for 2 Nobel prizes. [ed: anyone can be nominated, some crank put Trump’s name in at this time.]
• Rachel Maddow is actually a man. When questioned on why this was bad Les claims it’s “because she’s lying.”

I'm pretty sure that the George Floyd comment was the most horrible thing I heard her say. She said a lot of terrible, insane things, but the George Floyd comment was really the worst. She was heading out the door at the end of the day and dropped that line and as the door closed behind her we all kind silently stared at each other in that "what the gently caress did I just hear?" kind of way.

The weird thing about all of Les' trans conspiracies is that she invariably referred to these people by what would presumably be their preferred gender - OK, sure, Rachel Maddow was born a man, but Les would always refer to Maddow as female. It was weird.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

IDK but 2 of our last five presidents had long histories with notorious pedophile jeffrey epstein

Jeffery Epstein hosed kids but there’s no evidence he did any kind of messing around with coded pizza secret signals and a front retail business. He just, flew to his million dollar private island and hosed kids. No hidden dungeon required.

One thing that bothers me about when QAnoners being up Epstein (and this is not wholly directed at you poster BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress) that what Epstein did was way more based around social manipulation than the kind of stuff QAnon talks about. He got girls jobs, did them financial favours, isolated them, messed with their heads and so on. Which is what the vast majority of sexual assault is like, rather than sensational stories of victims being kidnapped, black bagged and put in rape dungeons.

Grooming from rich and powerful men is camouflaged in part by a lot of patriarchal “well of *course* women love an older rich guy” junk -The Hugh Hefner image of the rich ladies man which the more misogyny focused parts of the alt-right love. A lot of QAnon talk about the pedophile elite, but they wouldn’t be able to spot a predator if they saw one.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 29, 2022

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

massive spider posted:

One thing that bothers me about when QAnoners being up Epstein (and this is not wholly directed at you poster BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress) that what Epstein did was way more based around social manipulation than the kind of stuff QAnon talks about. He got girls jobs, did them financial favours, isolated them, messed with their heads and so on. Which is what the vast majority of sexual assault is like, rather than sensational stories of victims being kidnapped, black bagged and put in rape dungeons.

Grooming from rich and powerful men is camouflaged in part by a lot of patriarchal “well of *course* women love an older rich guy” junk which. The Hugh Hefner image of the rich ladies man which the more misogynistic focused parts of the alt-right love. A lot of QAnon talk about the pedophile elite, but they wouldn’t be able to spot a predator if they saw one.
Yeah, they have to create a narrative of Epstein that turns him into one of the many corrupters of our endangered way of life. They can't associate him too closely with the status quo without indicting that same status quo, so his crimes have to be shown as utterly abnormal, associated with the occult, and otherwise "un-American."

Sorta like how Bill Gates was regularly cited as an example of the greatness of capitalism, and conservative periodicals criticized the antitrust suit filed against Microsoft back in the day. But then he mildly criticized a Republican President and now he's decried for bullshit reasons (like being a crypto-communist and/or seeking to become führer of a one-world government) rather than legitimate ones that have existed for decades.

Enver Zogha fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 21, 2022

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

You think the Q grifters will latch on to the fact that the most recent mass shooting was at Club Q? I'd say they do

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

massive spider posted:

Jeffery Epstein hosed kids but there’s no evidence he did any kind of messing around with coded pizza secret signals and a front retail business. He just, flew to his million dollar private island and hosed kids. No hidden dungeon required.

Grooming from rich and powerful men is camouflaged in part by a lot of patriarchal “well of *course* women love an older rich guy” junk which. The Hugh Hefner image of the rich ladies man which the more misogynistic focused parts of the alt-right love. A lot of QAnon talk about the pedophile elite, but they wouldn’t be able to spot a predator if they saw one.

Also, when these people talk about "pedophiles", they're not talking about what Jeffery Epstein really did - they're imagining the kidnap of blond haired, blue eyed six year olds, not 15 year old girls who were lucky (or unlucky) enough to have not had an awkward puberty. Because they'd be the first to tell you that that little tramp knew exactly what she was getting into.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

massive spider posted:

There's a really good breakdown of the recruiting side of Epstein's MO on the Deutsche Bank episode of ALAB. He starts setting up "Scholarship Funds" in Eastern Europe to funnel money to the people who can find poor Russian teenage girls and link them up with Jeffy E, who offers them a job and immigration help and later the strings start becoming apparent.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

September 23, 2020
• Clones can be detected because their ears aren’t right.

October 8, 2020
• Colloidal silver and its uses.
• Coronavirus is real and Trump did have it but now he’s cured because he took the HCQ.
• Trump is a blessing because he’s saving the world.
• Unsure about the secret king and what he’ll do because the Queen is going to be turning Buckingham Palace into a museum.

Really it wasn't a surprise that she was into colloidal silver. I feel like she was probably a believer in every random conspiracy theory, and it didn't matter whether that contradicted what she'd told us all about ten minutes earlier - information just passed through her brain and she never thought about anything. It didn't matter that she'd said 'rona was fake three weeks ago because today she thinks it's real.

I did vaguely contemplate waiting until Les came back from a vacation and then trying to convince her that she was a clone but in all honesty I'm not clever or deceptive enough to get away with that sort of thing.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The clones thing is probably from Deep Space Nine :lol:

Sounds like she is pulling a Reagan.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mercury_Storm posted:

The clones thing is probably from Deep Space Nine :lol:

Or a callback to that old Nazi trope about being able to detect Jews by whether their earlobes are attached or not.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Or a callback to that old Nazi trope about being able to detect Jews by whether their earlobes are attached or not.

Or a spin-off of the now current "everyone is secretly trans and I can tell because the ears".

I'm sure if you bothered to track all the claims of someone is a secret X because of body part Y claims there must be some kind of pattern but pheeeew do I not want to be the person who has to mangle the raw data into a shape.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
In the Invaders first episode, the aliens couldn't bend their human body disguise's pinky because they were four fingered originally.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Or a spin-off of the now current "everyone is secretly trans and I can tell because the ears".

I'm sure if you bothered to track all the claims of someone is a secret X because of body part Y claims there must be some kind of pattern but pheeeew do I not want to be the person who has to mangle the raw data into a shape.

My favorite is when that community turns on one of it's own and goes all in on someone being a non-passing trans person.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
What is it with the colloidal silver? That’s been a thing with these types for a good 40 years now.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

cat botherer posted:

What is it with the colloidal silver? That’s been a thing with these types for a good 40 years now.

It also was about 40 years ago that The Smurfs debuted on American network television coincidence?!?

Yes.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It also was about 40 years ago that The Smurfs debuted on American network television coincidence?!?

Yes.
Gargamel was a metaphor for George Soros.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

cat botherer posted:

It's (reletively) harmless but doesn't have any real use in modern medicine, so it's accessable but not in use by doctors, so you can claim people should take it and sell it at a huge markup, while claiming it's a surpressed superfood that doctors don't want you to know about.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Neito posted:

It's (reletively) harmless but doesn't have any real use in modern medicine, so it's accessable but not in use by doctors, so you can claim people should take it and sell it at a huge markup, while claiming it's a surpressed superfood that doctors don't want you to know about.

Yup, modern day snake oil. My immediate comparison would be acupuncture. There's very vague, not well-understood evidence that there may be some extremely unlikely edge cases for a few very specific and uncommon conditions where acupuncture might be helping something. But that would equate to like, a thousand people out of every billion.

The acupuncture business sells a lot more than eight thousand acupuncture treatments.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

cat botherer posted:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/colloidal-silver/faq-20058061

Alex goes with this, iodine, beet juice, and a couple other serpentine oils. Usually they say they improve your immune system. Sometimes they claim it makes other supplements more bioavailable. Insert your own bullshit, but each one does have it's own naturopathic lore. I think the silver is purported to attract toxins and COVID or whatever and get pissed/shat out.

Plus silver sounds fancy so why not eat it. All of your friends that aren't eating it are missing out. And if you have a reaction that's probably not the ingested metal's fault. Or Alex's. And if it is, he didn't know it was toxic. And if he did you can't prove it.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 4, 2022

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why not one-up them and sell colloidal gold?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

Because you started by selling gold and are now banned from doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Lone Badger posted:

colloidal gold is a thing too just not as popular