Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Absolute garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
need WRs, help

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Can we fire our OC too?

Get well soon tanny. Good thing the rest of the division is doodoo. Burks should be back this week or next so I think the passing game will improve a little with an actual nfl level qb in there.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Can we fire our OC too?

Get well soon tanny. Good thing the rest of the division is doodoo. Burks should be back this week or next so I think the passing game will improve a little with an actual nfl level qb in there.

Honestly forgot Burks was even on the team. We have a definitive lack of offensive talent other than 2 players

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I hope you’re including tannehill in those two lol.

Honestly none of our WRs command any double teams and that’s the issue. If only we had somebody who could do deep routes, play action crossers as well as being big enough to bang across the middle……

I like Okonkwo, he’s still a little raw but he is gonna be good. Woods can’t do anything out there with Willis and the rest of the receivers are dogshit (not including Burks here, he looked good in limited action). I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think by the time we have tannehill Burks and mcmath back we might shape up a little bit. But we definitely need tannehill back next week and hopefully one of those two WRs since I think Phillips is supposed to be out for the next two at least.

Hilliard is good too, don’t want to forget him. He saw way too many snaps tonight, I wonder if Henry called downing Downs or something.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Someone go back in time and tell jrob to pay aurthur juan

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Todd Clowning

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
no catches by a WR

again

no catches. by the people paid to make the catches.

lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1589445015277039617?t=5XtpmA5Q0ol9FHSPqcxUyA&s=19

at least Vrabel is annoyed too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The wrs having no catches is a play calling issue not a talent issue

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I think it's three fold:

The WRs actually aren't great. Robert Woods is not a WR1, we have injuries there and the guys getting plugged in aren't good.

The OL is bad, and even when we don't have a rookie backup in, they can't give those bad WRs time to get open.

The play calling sucks. A better OC could at least scheme for this. At the very least they evolved into getting Derrick Henry involved in the passing game earlier in the year but :effort:

At the root of the problem is ownership/Jon Robinson thinking he's too smart and moneyballing this team into the ground and Robinson/Vrabel refusing to move on from Todd Downing's dumb rear end.

This team is a few good decisions away from dominance, and instead year after year it struggles to the point of marginally succeeding in spite of itself.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Anointed Ones have fired their head coach after probably the most embarrassing loss of their tenure. Rip

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lmao

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

lol colts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
should have hired mcdaniels

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

should have hired mcdaniels

Yeah, the Raiders are looking great on offense.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the colts deserve this imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Listen I'm not blaming the refs for the loss but I would like to vent about 2 specific calls

How the gently caress was the deep shot to hooper not a dpi the defender didn't even try to play the ball????

How the gently caress was kelce throwing a defenders head to the ground a defensive hold?????

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Soul Glo posted:

I think it's three fold:

The WRs actually aren't great. Robert Woods is not a WR1, we have injuries there and the guys getting plugged in aren't good.

The OL is bad, and even when we don't have a rookie backup in, they can't give those bad WRs time to get open.

The play calling sucks. A better OC could at least scheme for this. At the very least they evolved into getting Derrick Henry involved in the passing game earlier in the year but :effort:

At the root of the problem is ownership/Jon Robinson thinking he's too smart and moneyballing this team into the ground and Robinson/Vrabel refusing to move on from Todd Downing's dumb rear end.

This team is a few good decisions away from dominance, and instead year after year it struggles to the point of marginally succeeding in spite of itself.

I don’t disagree with most of this but given the like….fifteen years of incompetence prior to Robinson coming here I’m willing to cut him a bit more slack. Vrabel is definitely more loyal to his coaching staff than I would prefer but I get it. If they don’t move on from downing after how bad both years have been I’ll be furious

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
don't let downing ruin malik

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Stevie Lee posted:

don't let downing ruin malik

Agreed. On that note check this great story out!

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/07/malik-willis-titans-wide-receivers-chiefs-week-9/

quote:

When asked what was going through his mind in overtime as he was running for his life to avoid sacks while his receivers failed to get open, Willis had a very telling quote that showed he was borderline dejected near the end.

“I hope someone gets open soon,” Willis admitted. “I can’t keep doing this.”
YIKES

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao gently caress

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
“I hope someone gets open soon,” Willis admitted. “I can’t keep doing this.”

This is the inner monologue every time a Tennessee Titans quarterback drops back to pass.

They gave KC a game at least. I like Might vs. Magic. They went tits up against the Chiefs but on the other hand tits up because you got the division locked with no stress.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Athanatos if you could do us all a favor and change the thread subtitle to I Can’t Keep Doing This that would be perfect.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

"i can't keep doing this" really encapsulates the spirit of watching, supporting, caring about etc teams in the afc south

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
LMFAO irsay

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1589675522405314561

Hey yall how's it going down there yall feelin ok

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I love it, it's bonkers

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Phobeste posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1589675522405314561

Hey yall how's it going down there yall feelin ok

lmao

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Wait What?????!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol ok. gently caress it, why not?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

MAKE THE FANS HAPPY screams Jim Irsay as his roulette wheel lands on "Jeff Saturday??"

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the beloved player that most NFL fans remember as "the guy with the funny name that played with Peyton Manning"

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
:sickos:

Edit: the colts are total bros for making the titans fans feel good after last night's game

Pimpcasso fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 7, 2022

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1589676353204285441?t=6Ey5NdEpgDoLIxu8T-6Avw&s=19

lmao wow

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bubba ventrone

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That’s an Afc north thread title of a name if I ever heard one

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

This is loving hilarious. The Titans maybe they really did have the best loss of all time because the Colts are just blowing their poo poo all the way up.

The Jaguars are the only vague hope left in preventing the Titans from winning the division and thus besmirching the world again with their cretaceous-rear end offense in the playoffs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pasaluki posted:

This is loving hilarious. The Titans maybe they really did have the best loss of all time because the Colts are just blowing their poo poo all the way up.

The Jaguars are the only vague hope left in preventing the Titans from winning the division and thus besmirching the world again with their cretaceous-rear end offense in the playoffs

You're going to watch our hell game in January and you will like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I'm pretty sure this means that Ballard is gonna be done too. This is a just to have a caretaker for the rest of the season and let the new GM name their coach next year.