Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dr Zaius posted:

So, does the racist bully still get his money? It was an AHL contact, are those guaranteed? It's kind of more hosed up if he just gets a large sum of money now and the Bruins should donate the same amount or more to the victim's family and charity. If Miller gets paid he should donate the entire amount if he wants anyone to believe he has any desire to ever redeem himself.

It was rescinded. He won’t be paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AltitudeTV/status/1589271195127812096?s=20&t=2_fnKH7tWJ31VbPXAddUAQ

loving goddamn burn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Capfriendly says the Miller contract was registered, and they're not even sure what the procedure here is.

I think the only thing that can end a contract right now is a mutual termination, which would mean he doesn't get paid. Since they already knew what he did when they signed it they can't use that as a reason to turf him. Maybe there's a secret take backsies clause we don't know about.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 7, 2022

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I wonder if the NHLPA would have fought Bettman on the NHL not allowing Miller to play.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

I wonder if the NHLPA would have fought Bettman on the NHL not allowing Miller to play.

They would be required to.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
countdown til Miller becomes a cancel culture victim pundit on Fox

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Based on the Bruins players comments, probably not (or just put up the minimum amount of fight required by their rules), but I could see them getting involved about the method in which the Bruins cancelled his contract to make sure it isn't some bullshit that the league can use on other players who just suck at hockey rather sucking at being human.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Suppose we don't need more evidence of Cam Neely being a shithead, but hey

https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/status/1589628510955778048

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Is Sweeney driving him back to the airport then?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/atlgladiators/status/1589634822195974145

hell yeah

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

God Bless the ECHL

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DJExile posted:

Suppose we don't need more evidence of Cam Neely being a shithead, but hey

https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/status/1589628510955778048

“Our vetting process still uses Alta Vista and Ask Jeeves, we will be upgrading to Google this summer.”

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/flutoshinzawa/status/1589628391137095680?s=46&t=1Y5I8HFSkTEgjMHUF33aFw

We’re all trying to find the guy that did this!

Nice to see Cam Neely and the Bruins with some accountability

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Not Important posted:

God Bless the ECHL

The attendance will be about the same as the Thrashers, too!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
This whole thing is so loving bizarre, Sweeney already publicly disavowed having made the decision to sign him, Neely has said a million words without directly saying "I did not make the decision to sign him" (meaning, he absolutely did, after Sweeney warned him not to) and is running on down the road with the ol' "Nobody told me he was a shitbag, why didn't anybody tell me, someone's head is gonna roll for this!" excuse.

Far be it from ownership to step in and fire the guy who actually made the decision to sign the shitbag.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Might even be better than the coyotes :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1589632014663438337

These and the canes flag blacks are the only good black jerseys in the league

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Those are my favorite Sabres uniforms

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

pseudodragon posted:

Based on the Bruins players comments, probably not (or just put up the minimum amount of fight required by their rules), but I could see them getting involved about the method in which the Bruins cancelled his contract to make sure it isn't some bullshit that the league can use on other players who just suck at hockey rather sucking at being human.

Yea it sounds like the NHLPA might end up doing something, not because they support Miller at all, but because they have to do their due diligence when any kind of player contract is involved.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DJExile posted:

I hate these jerseys but they’re not as bad as the banana slug logo.

I might buy one for my dad, but it would require me to actually go to the Sabres store.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I might buy one for my dad, but it would require me to actually go to the Sabres store.

Oh man wait til you find out what you can do online these days

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DJExile posted:

Oh man wait til you find out what you can do online these days

Is it post?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that is one such thing, yes!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DJExile posted:

This video made the Awful app crash on my phone, I'm sure that means something

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Bruins gonna fire Sweeney and the return of Peter Chiarelli will be at hand.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

:iceburn:
Who is the player btw?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

DJExile posted:

Even sentimentalism can't save these monstrosities. Sens black #1 forever

e: well the Yotes black is great too, but honestly they should just go to that purple or barf green full time which are even greater

The Canucks skate is also very good, as is the Kings raiders ripoff from the early 90s. Pens and Bruins fine OK, history, tradition, fine, fine fine.

Actually I think that black Canucks skate is my favorite Canucks jersey, but that's probably a heavy dose of Bure nostalgia.

All the other ones are whatever to bad. The Ducks won a Cup in theirs and it fit that Pronger led team but blehhhhhh.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 7, 2022

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/status/1589659437228490752?s=20&t=tO5hAesHMXigY8hudyMpow

It’s really incredible because on the Ranger-Bruins broadcast they wouldn’t shut the gently caress up about Boston’s player leadership group, how they hold all the other players accountable, have high standards, and how I think it was the HC was surprised to see guys like Bergeron and Marchand speak to the players along side the GM and owners at team events etc etc.

Like if even a fraction of that is true- then any Joe Schmo who watched that broadcast would know better than to sign an extremely controversial prospects without at least including some of those locker room leaders in the conversation. But apparently Neely thought they’d just get over it? I know GMs usually wouldn’t consult players about a minor signing but this was clearly a delicate situation with a locker room that apparently isn’t exactly loosey-goosey.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gonna be good to hear the loving weirdos at work whose opinion 2 days ago was that the guy "was young and deserves a second chance and not to be cancelled" after the Bruins, loving Gary Bettman and just about everybody else with a brain has now realized that you know maybe he doesn't deserve a spot on an NHL roster. This whole story is just so bad it even made it onto CNN's front page.

I await Miller's eventual appearance on Tucker Carlson Tonight through gritted teeth.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WeaponX posted:

https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/status/1589659437228490752?s=20&t=tO5hAesHMXigY8hudyMpow

It’s really incredible because on the Ranger-Bruins broadcast they wouldn’t shut the gently caress up about Boston’s player leadership group, how they hold all the other players accountable, have high standards, and how I think it was the HC was surprised to see guys like Bergeron and Marchand speak to the players along side the GM and owners at team events etc etc.

Like if even a fraction of that is true- then any Joe Schmo who watched that broadcast would know better than to sign an extremely controversial prospects without at least including some of those locker room leaders in the conversation. But apparently Neely thought they’d just get over it? I know GMs usually wouldn’t consult players about a minor signing but this was clearly a delicate situation with a locker room that apparently isn’t exactly loosey-goosey.

Well, that's the thing. They did include them, and they said it was a bad idea. Then they did it anyway.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Well, that's the thing. They did include them, and they said it was a bad idea. Then they did it anyway.

Even worse!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Bruins are a team where they don't even use the word "rookie" because "first year player" is more respectful. And somehow Sweeney and Neely thought signing the unrepentant, racist, bully, would be fine even after the players said they didn't want him.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I knew poo poo was going to go down when NHL.com posted "Bruins sign prospect who had rights renounced by Coyotes due to bullying" as their headline when they're insanely positive about everything NHL related

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

All available evidence indicates everyone told Cam Neely it was a Bad Idea and Neely did it anyway.

It's either that or Neely's taking a bullet for ownership, but I don't think Bruins ownership has ever been so hands-on as to order such a move. So most likely it was Neely.

I've never seen a General Manager at a new signing press conference say "yeah I'm not so sure this is a good idea" before, and probably never will again.

If Neely doesn't leave the Bruins by next summer Sweeney will. And either way everyone involved will pretend this fiasco had nothing to do with it.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 7, 2022

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Bruins are a team where they don't even use the word "rookie" because "first year player" is more respectful. And somehow Sweeney and Neely thought signing the unrepentant, racist, bully, would be fine even after the players said they didn't want him.

Jfc literally one of the worst locker rooms to try to pull this move off. How did they not realize that?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I wonder how good he would have to be for teams to just be gross and eat the backlash. Deshaun Watson good seems to be the North American pro sports baseline

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

All available evidence indicates everyone told Cam Neely it was a Bad Idea and Neely did it anyway.

It's either that or Neely's taking a bullet for ownership, but I don't think Bruins ownership has ever been so hands-on as to order such a move. So most likely it was Neely.

I've never seen a General Manager at a new signing press conference say "yeah I'm not so sure this is a good idea" before, and probably never will again.

If Neely doesn't leave the Bruins by next summer Sweeney will. And either way everyone involved will pretend this fiasco had nothing to do with it.

The chances ownership has any involvement in an AHL signing are probably nill.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

T-Bone posted:

I knew poo poo was going to go down when NHL.com posted "Bruins sign prospect who had rights renounced by Coyotes due to bullying" as their headline when they're insanely positive about everything NHL related

I'm a little surprised that the guy can even sign up and register with USA Hockey for anything with the amount of work they're putting into trying to rehab toxic hockey culture out of the rink. There's still a long way to go still. Maybe they need to start making all players and staff go through safesport training yearly as a requirement for employment. And then actually enforce it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

T-Bone posted:

I wonder how good he would have to be for teams to just be gross and eat the backlash. Deshaun Watson good seems to be the North American pro sports baseline

Evander Kane should give you a pretty good start on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
It’s a pretty funny contrast seeing how good the leadership/accountability is in the Bruins locker room, while on the front office side every single person in a leadership position has deflected blame and downplayed their own roles in signing Miller at every given opportunity