Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

crime weed posted:

wait, now that elon's a republican & soon-to-be maga guy, will there eventually be a subset of coal-rolling chuds who transition to buying electric cars to own the libs?

There is no "soon-to-be"; he's just speaking a bit more clearly now for his audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Random Stranger posted:

Not as bad as it sounds since Twitter's misinformation policy was "Yes, please."

It likely means those tags that automatically appear on election misinfo will no longer be used.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TulliusCicero posted:

The chuds hate Musk, they think he is a distraction from the One True Trump and never does enough

The real out there ones think he's going to microchip them because he is Satan or something, it's loving wierd

Well if blue check marks are the mark of the beast 5 more need to come out to make 6, 6, 6 the number of the beast.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
elon may look foolish today, but this will all blow over when the next successful tesla launch, cybertruck in early 2023, restores his dignity and legitimacy as a business leader

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Masterbatelon

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MrQwerty posted:

yah all of it is just so bad, he misspelled masturbate like a 10 year old.

He's just so bad.

It's so stupid and petty of me to pick on the spelling of all things, but -- this reminds me of that "joke" about the Catholic priest who dies and goes to heaven and comes running screaming out of the Heavenly Temple or whatever it is where the holy scrolls are kept and yelling that "There's an R! There's an R! It's celibrate!"

Which , like ... how do ... wh ....

do you like.... pretend to laugh? Or just stare with your head tilted like a dog trying to understand NASCAR on TV? Like — what ... do ... you ... how do you think jokes or language or anything works

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

It likely means those tags that automatically appear on election misinfo will no longer be used.

Oh, sure. But anyone want to bet that the policy was killed because Musk’s own account got hit with a "fact check"?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
by tomorrow elon will be vaguely referencing things he's seen in hunter's DMs

he can't show us of course, but trust him, it's not good

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Frank Frank posted:

Oh man the life saving and not at all completely half-assed zero effort measures that @Jack and his dipshits put in place to avoid lawsuits? Whatever will we do without these guardrails of civilization?!

No one should believe anything on that garbage dump of a site that Jack built

I'm going to be honest: I'm straight up delighted Twitter is burning to ashes: it was a Consortium of loving Nazis masquerading as Liberterian "FREE SPEECH", was the cause of much of the tension and carnage that this last stupid hell-decade has been built of. Twitter's invention was a net negative for the entire god damned planet

Musk putting the final mail in the loving coffin while he straps himself inside is just the :discourse: end to one of the worst websites ever concieved by humankind

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Counterpoint: It was a really good way to follow sports team beat writers for breaking news.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

advertisers famously like their brands being displayed next to covid denial and vaccine conspiracies

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

ColdPie posted:

No, the court was absolutely going to enforce the contract. He told Twitter's shareholders he was going to give them 3x what their shares were worth, and make them immune to any future fluctuations in Twitter's value because they no longer own the shares. It was literally tens of billions of dollars in free money with no strings attached. No way they're staying on the hook for Twitter's future value and letting him walk away when they have that option on the table.

Yah, ESPECIALLY that court. When I heard the case was going to that Delaware court, I invested into Twitter because I knew they were going to enforce the deal no matter what evidence they bring in ; Musk signed poo poo, Musk will pay for it.

Of course, as soon as the case was done and all the boomers/wall street bets/idiots investors started investing more into Twitter, I dipped out keeping the profits

And now Twitter: :tif:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
if you hadn't dipped out, you'd have gotten the whole $54.20/share

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Do it coward, post a slur

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://mobile.twitter.com/rakyll/status/1589350822051459073

Ah yes just what Twitter needs: all of the Wise Ones having enough of these childish shenanigans and going eh I’ll just consult

Bet the recent sale probably padded their net worth out pretty good too.

On the corporate side it’s blindingly obvious when management capitulates to that 58 year old lady who’s been doing low level custom kernel maintenance on some critical servers for longer than most recent hires have been alive.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DAVID_FIRTH/status/1589300378394562561?s=20&t=WFR_5DTGLzLyShgT55qPpw

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

This should be the name of the something awful mastodon instance

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How many @realdonaldtrumps do you think will exist?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Do it coward, post a slur

Guaranteed Elon says the South African one every single day.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Philthy posted:

Invested with money. Unless Elon agrees to buy Truth Social from him or some other sort of monetary deal, I dunno if we will see him go to Twitter. You're right, his ego might drive him back, but he's been off the Twitter teat for so long now he doesn't need it when everyone else just reposts everything for him on Twitter anyway.

Elon will never have the capital to buy DWAC now

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Re: why NASA is slow as gently caress. It's not NASA it's Congress. They're a bunch of pork barreling cretins and will do poo poo like sign off on NASA designing a new rocket but only if it uses the rocket boosters made in district X, and engines made in district y, which obviously will be the same engines from 1963 which haven't been changed since, but the local congressmen wants to KEEP THE JERBS IN BUMFUCK ALABAMA HOO BOI HOWDY. It's the same crap that leads to Congress forcing the army to accept delivery of like 4000 tanks they never asked or budgeted for to be scrapped after ten years to keep an engine plant in Detroit open.

Spacex doesn't get these kind of problems which is why on paper it's much more effective.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

What are the odds Elon implements a payment system to get off of suspension/bans?

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

pro starcraft loser posted:

What are the odds Elon implements a payment system to get off of suspension/bans?

$8 for a redtick custom av for another user seems fair

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I get that billionaires didn't simply bootstrap themselves into that position but he must have been good at something at some point right?

I feel like he must have been able to manage his impulsive tendencies better before he found an audience of people willing to applaud everything he did.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

BRB heading to Mars on SpaceX’s flagship the MasterbatedOne

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1589684140286554115?s=46&t=DAl_vZEVPjgmQS6AGz_9Tg

The parody man speaks

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

lol what did he do?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1589689052424704001

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

DrPossum posted:

lol what did he do?

His second appearance as a bloated flatulent corpse

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hot drat that led me to this

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I get that billionaires didn't simply bootstrap themselves into that position but he must have been good at something at some point right?

I feel like he must have been able to manage his impulsive tendencies better before he found an audience of people willing to applaud everything he did.

He was good at spending his money on buying companies doing things so it looked like he was doing things.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Elon being CEO of 3 companies plus whatever he is at Twitter leads one to wonder - how much work do CEOs actually do

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Aww. They zapped Chris Klewe too.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Purchase posted:

if you hadn't dipped out, you'd have gotten the whole $54.20/share

I am very conservative. For all I knew, Elon would never get the funding or would do stupid things like mothballing SpaceX or some other idiot move to make the money.

For example: what his thickheaded posts/actions on Twitter now

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

priznat posted:

Elon being CEO of 3 companies plus whatever he is at Twitter leads one to wonder - how much work do CEOs actually do

It must really suck to be at Tesla or SpaceX needing something from Elon for an important project but he's too busy getting in slap fights with Twitter users.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

https://twitter.com/jacobtwop/status/1389570370311704580

can't stop thinking about this

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

priznat posted:

Here is the helpful chart

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
You know it's kinda weird how he owns both Tesla and SpaceX, yet Twitter is what caused him to crash and burn.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

hot drat that led me to this

Holy poo poo I’m gonna sign up so fast. Pick it up pick it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

pro starcraft loser posted:

It must really suck to be at Tesla or SpaceX needing something from Elon for an important project but he's too busy getting in slap fights with Twitter users.

I assume they are having unprecedented productivity at both of those places with Elon focused elsewhere.