Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

yeah drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

nexous posted:

Here is the helpful chart

loving assholes get to claim having lunch is doing business, lol.. Disgusting.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nexous posted:

if its from WSJ then its puffed up to make them look even better lmao

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Haven't checked the news in a couple of minutes So have Musk and Zuckerburg fought to the death yet for the title of worlds stupidest billionaire?

Or is that like going to be a 2023 thing?,

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Zuck will be killed when his oculus crotch piece malfunctions and sucks all his bodily fluids out while he's having vr sex with his own avatar (still no legs tho)

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

nexous posted:

:lol: so 28 hours per week of things that would actually be considered compensated work for other classes of employees?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bluemillion posted:

You know it's kinda weird how he owns both Tesla and SpaceX, yet Twitter is what caused him to crash and burn.

I imagine he thought: I have two successful companies! I can just walk into any company , cut out all the cruft, and then give it the old razzle dazzle.

Except this isn't the 80/90s and instead, drunk walked into the place banging himself into the glass door, cut out critical employees first day, and then haunched down to apply his own personal razzle dazzle which is a thick spray of liquid diarrhea which ends with a thin, inch long, strip of poo poo curling out of the rear end in a top hat.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

dr_rat posted:

Haven't checked the news in a couple of minutes So have Musk and Zuckerburg fought to the death yet for the title of worlds stupidest billionaire?

Or is that like going to be a 2023 thing?,

Late 2023 but will also include Alex Jones who they both paid 1billion to have a friend by paying off his debt and now is sitting pretty with 500m of each of their money making him the third billionaire stooge. (In this scenario the parents have clearly been paid from the other billion)

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Squibbles posted:

:lol: so 28 hours per week of things that would actually be considered compensated work for other classes of employees?

Travel is generally compensated too but I have no idea how much of that sum is actual travel vs commuting.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Looking forward to the Saudi and Russian governments creating millions of fake user accounts which all get blue check marks. Should be a great way to help Elon pay down his debt while he looks the other way as RU and UAE propagandists run wild with the desicated husk of Twitter.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Scam Likely posted:

Looking forward to the Saudi and Russian governments creating millions of fake user accounts which all get blue check marks. Should be a great way to help Elon pay down his debt while he looks the other way as RU and UAE propagandists run wild with the desicated husk of Twitter.

He's gonna launder so much money lmao

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

EVIL Gibson posted:

I imagine he thought: I have two successful companies! I can just walk into any company , cut out all the cruft, and then give it the old razzle dazzle.

Except this isn't the 80/90s and instead, drunk walked into the place banging himself into the glass door, cut out critical employees first day, and then haunched down to apply his own personal razzle dazzle which is a thick spray of liquid diarrhea which ends with a thin, inch long, strip of poo poo curling out of the rear end in a top hat.

No you see what I was going for here, is that he owns a company who's cars are known to spontaneously combust, and a rocket company, both things he could literally crash and burn in.
Was Joke.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

nexous posted:

The exercise one makes me laugh. The CEO of the midsized software company my buddy used to work for was basically forced by the board to start exercising more because "Nobody has confidence in a pudgy CEO and it's affecting our stock price" or something to that effects so the guy started jogging during work hours.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Bluemillion posted:

You know it's kinda weird how he owns both Tesla and SpaceX, yet Twitter is what caused him to crash and burn.

Twitter was always going to be his downfall. I just don't think that anybody expected him to buy the company and then run it & much of his personal worth into the ground in the first month. We figured it'd be something like last month's Musk fiasco (Jesus, a month already? Time has no meaning anymore.) where he runs his mouth and ends up in trouble with his main USGov customers.

That said, I'm still waiting for him to declare war on NAFO; I really wanna see Musk lose to a bunch of cartoon dogs.

e: Oh, was joke. Sorry. But I stand by my statement regardless.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1589691741711765504

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

EVIL Gibson posted:

You mean he blew his load all over his laptop just hours ago

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

He’s done. He lost the Galaxy Brain king

https://twitter.com/andrewyang/status/1589645384082952193?s=46&t=DCa1iPQWuB42yZSFBuq2Yg

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

every time i see this guy it's like his face has extra muscle groups or something

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

The exercise one makes me laugh. The CEO of the midsized software company my buddy used to work for was basically forced by the board to start exercising more because "Nobody has confidence in a pudgy CEO and it's affecting our stock price" or something to that effects so the guy started jogging during work hours.

CEOs should appear just as stressed and fat as anyone else in the company imo

lmao they're all just torching their accounts for the bit now. Elon is absolutely going to utterly melt down in public

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Scam Likely posted:

interesting question.

if nation states were wise, they wouldn't use the paid verification.

reason: this musk-up has shown people how easy it is to fake an account especially when it is being shown by the media of all the musk accounts. if the original user has left, then this takeover could happen.

now, this would not stop the small time indian phone scams who have just acquired a very useful tool to verify their fake identity.

quote:

"Yes ,old gently caress, this is Bank for America and as you have seen on Twitter our bank is rewarding people for having too much money in their banks by awarding them Google Play/Apple iStore/Steam Cards. You just need to buy them, send us the codes, then we will refund you "

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

This is a bit of a digression, but some tech places are getting real into encouraged exercise. One of the places I interviewed with earlier this year had an in-office gym and allowed 2-3 hours of billed hours for working out. They were even honest about it being more about sedentary slobbos being less effective employees than people who are marginally healthy. Another 2 had similar setups but didn't outright pay you for working out.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bluemillion posted:

Not much you can do in a week if you are addicted to launching rockets or building electric cars

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

god drat even andrew yang is dunking on him. it's over for him.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Spending 44 billion dollars to get dunked on by Weird Al and Andrew Yang

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

A Fancy Hat posted:

We had a kid in high school who said he could suck his own dick. He acted like he was the coolest kid, at one point saying that he didn't need a girlfriend because of the fact he could do that.

For like a year straight he hyped this up. At first it was funny, then gross, then sad. On a marching band trip to Florida he actually did it, he sucked his own dick on a bus in front of a bunch of his bandmates. Word got around pretty quickly and the kid was a complete social outcast. It's one thing to imagine someone sucking their own dick. But to see it? And to have it happen in public like that? It's too much.

That kid was still cooler than Elon Musk is.

That kid is cool as gently caress in my books, he walked the walk.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Rockets and electric cars are things normal folks don't interact with, so it's easier to hide his mistakes, and also not everyone is affected by these things

But everyone knows how to use social media, and has capital-O Opinions on it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

I can’t believe people were trying to get me to be worried and upset about the funniest event since four seasons total landscaping

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Rockets and electric cars are things normal folks don't interact with, so it's easier to hide his mistakes, and also not everyone is affected by these things

But everyone knows how to use social media, and has capital-O Opinions on it.

It's this. I dabble in AI professionally and as soon as I hear him talk about it, I knew he was a moron who didn't know anything. I imagine it's similar with his other technological pursuits

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Did Egon ever actually go to Twitter hq and talk to any of the employees before or after acquiring it?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Doctor Butts posted:

Did Egon ever actually go to Twitter hq and talk to any of the employees before or after acquiring it?

Yeah that's when he walked in with a sink for some reason because he's going to sink the company

e: also when Manu who was famous internally at Google for his drawings critiquing the company handed him a drawing that probably got him fired

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Ehud posted:

edit added screencaps because he deleted em lol

Oh my god he is so bad at this :cripes: :cripes:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Paying 44 billion to be the player character for the week is one hell of a joke, thanks elon

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

"home rectal exam - Google Search"

Get 'em KRANG!

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 7, 2022

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:laffo:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tiberius Christ posted:

Paying 44 billion to be the player character for the week is one hell of a joke, thanks elon

Spotlight is still on him, let's not assume it's over yet

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

The chuds hate Musk, they think he is a distraction from the One True Trump and never does enough

The real wacked out there ones think he's going to microchip them because he is Satan or something, it's loving wierd

It's true. I sat near some whacked out QAnon guy on a plane recently and among other things he talked about how George Soros and Elon Musk want to imprison our souls in iPods are some nonsense. He was a big deal in the QAnon crowd too. One of the guys Trump gave a press pass too. He has a podcast. On twitter he was known as inthematrixxx. He was in first class traveling to speak at some rally.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Tiberius Christ posted:

lmao "the week"

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

You know, I've never actually had the displeasue of hearing this dude talk

In my head he sounds like one of those alt right dorks on YouTube

Christoff Waltz

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

DrPossum posted:

lmao "the week"

Yeah this poo poo’s not going to stop until Twitter’s servers do, or until Elon dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

So, do people who previously had blue checkmarks get to keep them for free for the time being? Or did those all get wiped out?