Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
i'm sure we'll soon find out aaron carter's grandfather was college roommates with jolly west

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Mkultra but for fat

brainwash yourself thin!!

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

That dude had a loving Wii game lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

waggle for yeezy

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

oh hell yes
https://twitter.com/corpseinorbit/status/1589273214899093504?t=YWQYMU6kB7JULAwehyj_Xw&s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jims got a lot of handcream and makeup in his cubicle

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Doing a lol at a new world order plant making a game with majesco

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

can someone explain why it gets dark at 5:00

is that an op?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

is that an op?

anti-anarchist plot to move bedtimes up earlier and earlier

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

it's nice to wake up with some sun out though :shrug:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

global tetrahedron posted:

u jerk off 2 that?

gross

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

is that an op?

making the work day just as long even when the actual day gets shorter is an op

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wrong.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

is that an op?

ZERO DARK FIVE THIRTY

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

the gently caress lol

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

time itself is an op

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mistermojo posted:

time itself is an op

this is far more true than you know.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mdemone posted:

this is far more true than you know.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Timekeeping has always been to the benefit of the owning classes and not to labour. They have created a separate temporal reality that they control and that has no bearing on the physical reality of how long the sun is in the sky. Daylight savings is a clumsy attempt to further disguise this fact.

Medieval peasants also had more holiday time than current day wage workers.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
what if like time but...hypertime

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
oh we see you worked 8 hours of real time but you only clocked in 1200 hyper hours so we are going to dock you food pellets

Endman
May 18, 2010

A Bakers Cousin posted:

oh we see you worked 8 hours of real time but you only clocked in 1200 hyper hours so we are going to dock you food pellets

weird that you time travelled back from the future to post on SA tbh

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

to put it briefly: Einstein's field equations do not give a poo poo about time. there are perfectly good and decent universes out there (with different fundamental constants) that happen to "rotate" in such a way as to make closed time-like curves not only possible but inevitable.

in such universes, time in the sense of flowing from-to-next (McTaggart's A-series) does not exist; by Gödel's modal theory it cannot exist in ours. the B-series is all we get: thing before/after other thing, but there is nothing that could be called "change".

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

is that an op?

during wintertime I steal the sun every evening and keep it at my house to save on electricity and heating

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

as you might imagine this has certain implications about the multiverse.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Zodium posted:

during wintertime I steal the sun every evening and keep it at my house to save on electricity and heating

animist
Aug 28, 2018

mdemone posted:

to put it briefly: Einstein's field equations do not give a poo poo about time. there are perfectly good and decent universes out there (with different fundamental constants) that happen to "rotate" in such a way as to make closed time-like curves not only possible but inevitable.

in such universes, time in the sense of flowing from-to-next (McTaggart's A-series) does not exist; by Gödel's modal theory it cannot exist in ours. the B-series is all we get: thing before/after other thing, but there is nothing that could be called "change".

math is fake (corollary: model theory is fake)

however, unlike model theory, math is also real

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mdemone posted:

ha ha what

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

it brings me no pleasure to report this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it loving sucks to travel to work and be blinded by the sunrise and be inside for 8 hours and then travel home and be blinded by the sunset and then its dark as gently caress in your sad life and the only one in the government that cares is ted zodiac killer cruz

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Endman posted:

Timekeeping has always been to the benefit of the owning classes and not to labour. They have created a separate temporal reality that they control and that has no bearing on the physical reality of how long the sun is in the sky. Daylight savings is a clumsy attempt to further disguise this fact.

yes but could they play candy crush?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

They could candy some fruit and crush it into their mouths

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

A Bakers Cousin posted:

what if like time but...hypertime

Four simultaneous 24 hour days means 8 hours for work, 8 hours for sleep and 80 hours for posting.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Going forward im going to assume time cube guy was right.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What if the metaverse but in hypnospace outlaw so you can go to your virtual meetings while you sleep

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Real hurthling! posted:

it loving sucks to travel to work and be blinded by the sunrise and be inside for 8 hours and then travel home and be blinded by the sunset and then its dark as gently caress in your sad life and the only one in the government that cares is ted zodiac killer cruz

It was Marco Rubio not Ted Cruz, he got the senate on board with something called "Sunshine Protection Act" which he says is about daylight savings time but based on the name is probably secretly just a bunch of funding for pet projects for Florida in a bunch of riders.

And no I will not read it to confirm, I will just assume, because American Democracy is a joke so who gives a poo poo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

What if the metaverse but in hypnospace outlaw so you can go to your virtual meetings while you sleep

I will burn down this entire civilization if someone figures out how to extract labor from my sleep

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Endman posted:

Technically yes but good luck sleeping in when you have livestock. And fat chance risking starving your family 5 months later because harvest time happened to fall on a holiday.

That being said, we could use a motherfucking jubilee year.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Living in poverty as a peasant, man all this free time is NICE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Riot Bimbo posted:

I will burn down this entire civilization if someone figures out how to extract labor from my sleep

https://www.versobooks.com/books/1570-24-7