Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

In general, companies like Disney, Nike or the NFL do not like when people can make screenshots of their ads served under a twitt that goes like

"the doars at ausschwitz were made out off wood, you poo poo lib think if Hitlar killed wanted to kill all the (((financiall elites))) he woukd have installed woodan doar? 😂😂🤭"

There are some exceptions, but, in general, as a rule of thumb, they don't like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i now like elon musk as he posts like i did when i was 14 and on the ign forums. his bad posting has humanized him. we were all elon, once.......

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I need to know Elons SA forums username.

You know he had to have one.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

That still isn’t at all what free speech means but, lol

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Also, can someone isolate an Elon Musk fingerprint in that disgusting "screenshot" image?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Total Party Kill posted:

So, do people who previously had blue checkmarks get to keep them for free for the time being? Or did those all get wiped out?

They supposedly will get to keep them for a while but will eventually have to pay $8. So, its no longer going to be meant for verification in any way whatsoever at all, it will literally be just $8 bling. And if you don't buy the $8 bling, your tweets will all get shadowbanned.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
That Krang tweet has already been deleted...

That or twitter is falling apart

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Total Party Kill posted:

So, do people who previously had blue checkmarks get to keep them for free for the time being? Or did those all get wiped out?

Initially they said you have 60 days to pony up your protection money receive all the benefits of subscribing. Don't know if that's changed

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

davecrazy posted:

he definitely got a sixer once and has never stopped melting down about it

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

crime weed posted:

wait, now that elon's a republican & soon-to-be maga guy, will there eventually be a subset of coal-rolling chuds who transition to buying electric cars to own the libs?

Absolutely not.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

Roblo posted:

That Krang tweet has already been deleted...

That or twitter is falling apart

Pages keep not loading for me. It's falling apart.

Who'd have thought we needed those small talking time wasters, the SRE team. They didn't even write that many lines of code!!

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Don’t count Elon out yet. The man came from nothing and invented the electric car and the spaceship. I think. Something like that.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

davecrazy posted:

PLUGS CURES HAIR

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Edwardly posted:

Pages keep not loading for me. It's falling apart.

:sickos:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Divorced dad buys a sports car and immediately spins out and crashes it the first day

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

What the hell does this even mean???

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Jillian poo poo posted:

Don’t count Elon out yet. The man came from nothing and invented the electric car and the spaceship. I think. Something like that.

As the founder of Twitter I'm sure he knows what he's doing when he keeps posting through it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty straightforward.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

elon isn't even a reddit guy, let alone SA. he's like...ebaumsworld-9gag level. he's not as online as he purports to be, and him getting bullied relentlessly and posting "🤣🤣🤣 lol they think I'm mad" shows this.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Propaganda Hour posted:

What the hell does this even mean???

Elon bought Twitter for “free speech” and then within a week banned people for mocking him.

Also, in the past week he literally tweeted, “Comedy is now legal on Twitter,” and then literally banned comedians for making fun of him! :lol:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

davecrazy posted:

I feel like I'm starting to "get" Elon. Taking everything I've learned into account, and from a deep analysis of posting patterns, I've concluded that it has to be this account.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Aramis posted:

I feel like I'm starting to "get" Elon. Taking everything I've learned into account, and from a deep analysis of posting patterns, I've concluded that it has to be this account.

:lol:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

*elon muskishly* hay guys whatz goin on in this thread lol >< +1!!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aramis posted:

I’ve never been particularly interested in anyone posting here liking me

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Aramis posted:

Oh poo poo, I never would have guessed

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Elon bought Twitter for “free speech” and then within a week banned people for mocking him.

Also, in the past week he literally tweeted, “Comedy is now legal on Twitter,” and then literally banned comedians for making fun of him! :lol:

No no no, I get that. I mean what Yang said is completely nonsensical.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Propaganda Hour posted:

No no no, I get that. I mean what Yang said is completely nonsensical.

It’s Centrist pablum.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Trillhouse posted:

elon isn't even a reddit guy, let alone SA. he's like...ebaumsworld-9gag level. he's not as online as he purports to be, and him getting bullied relentlessly and posting "🤣🤣🤣 lol they think I'm mad" shows this.

he's the kind of poster who came here for BTB and got banned

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Aramis posted:

woaaaahhhh....i think you're right

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

sugar free jazz posted:

*elon muskishly* hay guys whatz goin on in this thread lol >< +1!!!

has he ever made a reference to the penguin of doom? you know he keeps a screenshot of that one in his classic memes folder

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Maybe Yang is upset because Elon isn't boosting his made up political party as the solution to Dem/Rep extremism

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

In general, companies like Disney, Nike or the NFL do not like when people can make screenshots of their ads served under a twitt that goes like

"the doars at ausschwitz were made out off wood, you poo poo lib think if Hitlar killed wanted to kill all the (((financiall elites))) he woukd have installed woodan doar? 😂😂🤭"

There are some exceptions, but, in general, as a rule of thumb, they don't like that

They don’t like it now . That’s not guaranteed to continue

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Elong def posted a "first post" thread, an autoban, or a thread soliciting his x.com/paypal project and got real mad, somewhere kyanka's inbox likely has a very dumb email from him.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Stink Billyums posted:

he's the kind of poster who came here for BTB and got banned

j4g

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Aramis posted:

i can't believe you actually found me out, it's me elnon

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Xakura posted:

Oh poo poo, I never would have guessed

Trillhouse posted:

woaaaahhhh....i think you're right

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one seeing right through it. Assuming that was the right call, feel free to reach out to me via PM, Elon. It'll be my pleasure to show you how I managed to suss you out.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Deeply amusing that one of this century’s most avid practitioners of public self-gratification can’t spell “masturbate”

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Aramis posted:

Clever ploy, you link the users back to their own accounts so that elon musk and his many alts all reveal themselves.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

davecrazy posted:

Three (CE)Olives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

davecrazy posted:

I'm telling you Cactus Frankie was Musk's first hesitant steps into these forums.
After that, probably most of FYAD.