Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
My quest to turn Fire Pro into a fighting game with super moves continues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN7GgZcCJEs

owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Okay so I’ve played FPW on the PS4 since day one because I dunno, I thought that’s how you play video games, but god dammit IGgy, you’ve got me curious about what you’re doing and now I have a couple questions:

1) Where do I get the pc version of FPW and all these mods or whatever?

2) Does it matter if my pc is a MacBook?

3) I’m assuming I can’t do any of this stuff on my PlayStation.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Steam

Steam indicates no

You probably can

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

1.) Yeah, Steam is where you get the game, Carlzilla's Discord is where you get the mods (there's a link to it in the Fire Pro reddit I think and maybe on Critical Club)

2.) Maybe with some kinda windows virtual machine, but I don't know much about that.

3.) A lot of these things: Nope, PS4 has no mods after all. So customizing venues like this is out of the question, so are chest lasers. Unless maybe you are a wizard and hack the game.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I use Boot Camp to run Fire Pro, it’s nice to have a Windows machine I can switch to now and again. Parallels also works though I ran into sound stuttering issues when using mods.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Does PS4 not have move craft? Or is the laser just not something that can be done in move craft?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

does anyone know how to get images into downloaded/custom rosters for Pro Wrestling Sim? I downloaded a bunch of wrestlers and got all their info/stats to work, but none of the pictures are working.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

unimportantguy posted:

Does PS4 not have move craft? Or is the laser just not something that can be done in move craft?

It's a movecraft move with a custom weapon replacement only possible with mods. Meaning each frame of the laser is actually a weapon whose sprite has been replaced. Normally it would be the fork, the microphone and the iron finger rapidly cycling through each other.

There's a way to get something close to that with custom hand parts but 1. That's jank af and 2. Not with sprites that big if you want animation. 3. Not with hands visible.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/1328262-aew-fight-forever-to-release-day-one-on-xbox-game-pass

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I wonder if working out this deal held up the release date announcement. I bet we get it announced Wednesday

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

W

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
gently caress i guess that means it's fifteen dollars a month. is that more or less than $60

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

gently caress i guess that means it's fifteen dollars a month. is that more or less than $60

I got three years of gamepass for like $50. That is less than $60

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

my extended cheapo ends in December

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its a marginal price of $0 because you already have gamepass, the best deal in gaming

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

hell yes.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I got three years of gamepass for like $50. That is less than $60

I keep getting Game Pass for $1 a month as long as I cancel it before the next month's payment is due and then use the $1 offer again.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Its a marginal price of $0 because you already have gamepass, the best deal in gaming

counterpoint, I will never have gamepass.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gamepass rules

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have played so many games I never would’ve played because of game pass.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I have game pass ultimate for free currently.

I'm not using it.

And I don't feel like using it for the AEW game.

Instead, I'll get it on steam, my preferred platform. I'm gonna pay money like an idiot.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i'm bummed it wasn't an epic store exclusive

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I would imagine this is a wise decision. It's not a super hot brand outside the hardcore fan base, but there must be plenty of folks who are willing to give a "free" wrestling game a shot, so if the game ends up being fun, it's now much more likely to find an audience.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Kennel posted:

I would imagine this is a wise decision. It's not a super hot brand outside the hardcore fan base, but there must be plenty of folks who are willing to give a "free" wrestling game a shot, so if the game ends up being fun, it's now much more likely to find an audience.

And if they like the game they might end up checking out some of the shows.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

frankly, it's how I got into wrestling in the first place. So I can see that happening. Especially if you get it in a package subscription you already have anyway, that constantly has gift codes and stuff so people get it without even having to pay a cent.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm gonna download it on Xbox for free and buy it on steam to support the company

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

IGgy IGsen posted:

frankly, it's how I got into wrestling in the first place. So I can see that happening.

I was already long into WWF, but playing WCW/nWo Revenge is what convinced me to start watching WCW.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

frankly, it's how I got into wrestling in the first place. So I can see that happening. Especially if you get it in a package subscription you already have anyway, that constantly has gift codes and stuff so people get it without even having to pay a cent.

Same. I used to watch it maybe a few times a year if I was scrolling through channels and saw it on but then a friend got one of the Smackdown games and I started watching regularly after awhile.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Gavok posted:

I was already long into WWF, but playing WCW/nWo Revenge is what convinced me to start watching WCW.

I watched new generation era as a lil kid, but I didn't properly get into it until I played WCW vs. nWo Revenge and decided to check the TV guide for wrestling years later. It awakened some nostalgia, sure, but mostly it was because the game was fun to play with friends and I wanted to see what the actual show was all about.

"Thankfully" WCW was on free TV in Germany, WWF had some kinda pay TV deal for a long time.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
You basically need Carlzilla mods for the game to not be anything more than a very slight upgrade of Fire Pro Returns with easier edit management. (Which long-term fans were totally fine with) Especially if you sim. The mods are what make it the best in the series. Being able to pick a winner and somewhat book a finish, for example, is such a simple thing but it makes a world of difference.

It's not intuitive though. You gotta want modded Fire Pro.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 8, 2022

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dishwasher posted:

You basically need Carlzilla mods for the game to not be anything more than a very slight upgrade of Fire Pro Returns with easier edit management. (Which long-term fans were totally fine with) Especially if you sim. The mods are what make it the best in the series. Being able to pick a winner and somewhat book a finish, for example, is such a simple thing but it makes a world of difference.

It's not intuitive though. You gotta want modded Fire Pro.

hold the phone there are fire pro mods that add booking to the promoter mode??

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

hold the phone there are fire pro mods that add booking to the promoter mode??

No, it adds booking. Not specific to promoter. Probably works in promoter though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

No, it adds booking. Not specific to promoter. Probably works in promoter though.

It does indeed.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I popped onto Wrestling Empire on the switch for the first time in months to check out all the new updates.

I went backstage

I beat up Razor Ramon

I went out for my match

The weekly update states that Razor Ramon has mysteriously died and it's being investigated

I wrestle a title match at his memorial show and win the title

Game still great

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

The Razor Ramon finger wiggle taunt is the best in the game i set all taunts to it on every character i play

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My main Empire memory is that during a 2 week period at wrestling school, Sgt. Slaughter:

Asked me to tag with him
Betrayed me and turned heel in our first match
Met me in the restroom and tried to sell me HGH

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Maxwell Lord posted:

It does indeed.

interesting interesting ill have to check this out

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

When I was playing on switch I think only 1 wrestler died in the ring. Seems like it was a relatively low fatality career compared to everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ive been on a few good runs and randomly died in the ring. Kinda a lame thing the game does tbh.