Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Azran posted:

Motherfucking Shakkoumon and the Xenomorph lol

That's just a dogu! They're real.

And of course people associate them with aliens because why would human beings create a humanoid figure that doesn't look exactly like a human?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh I know, it was just my first exposition to the concept so it's forever seared in my mind as that :v:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

lmao "oh no that's null phys" was my first thought as well

Shame Jiji just learned Divine Shot. Wonder if the Evil Eye's house-soccer ball also counts as physical.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I like the little moments of our side cast chatting with eachother. Jiji asking if Shiratori is even capable of working as a waitress tickled me. Lil sassy guy.
I hope our party stays around this size though and we start getting more into group dynamics now.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Momo's burgeoning friendship with Vamola, despite herself, is just adorable.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Popo posted:

I like the little moments of our side cast chatting with eachother. Jiji asking if Shiratori is even capable of working as a waitress tickled me. Lil sassy guy.
I hope our party stays around this size though and we start getting more into group dynamics now.

It does kinda look like they're going to bring in the class prez soon, but if they do I hope she's the last main crew character they add. Sakata already feels a little superfluous.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

King of Solomon posted:

It does kinda look like they're going to bring in the class prez soon, but if they do I hope she's the last main crew character they add. Sakata already feels a little superfluous.

They could get rid of Sakata completely and the manga would be better off for it, and I hope they do.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Wrong, keep him in but make him also want to date Okarun

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

we can't stop yet the crew still needs a musician

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Make the entire exorcism band from the last arc the party bard.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

King of Solomon posted:

Okay, one more but only because she looks very polite.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kidcoelacanth posted:

we can't stop yet the crew still needs a shipwright

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Bybus Slago posted:

They could get rid of Sakata completely and the manga would be better off for it, and I hope they do.

Dude sucks right now but that just means he has room for improvement. If he never changes or gets worse then yea =(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think sakata will improve as soon as vamola leaves. right now most of his lines consist of trying to convince a girl who doesn't speak the same language that she is obligated to go out with him. it's not a good look.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Today great progress and mistakes are made.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Should've known Arahabaki has repel phys, Aira.

Should've played more Persona!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

srry late
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014578

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

This manga is absolutely gorgeous sometimes.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Anime leaks, but no official announcement yet.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
I suspect their going to establish a work around for "Evil Eye can only attack Okrarun" by arguing that if a threat can and is going to kill Enjoji/EE than Evil Eye has to fight back so he can survive to fight Okarun. It fits shounen conventions that you can't have your heavy hitters sitting out every fight.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014678

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Uh oh, poo poo's real if they can just take Evil Eye out like that

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
drat, I was using Viz to read this but today Dandadan got hit by some mature rating. Not even seeing that on Chainsaw Man. There seems to be no payment options or verification to let you see it. Only option I see is to buy the volume.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Flubby posted:

drat, I was using Viz to read this but today Dandadan got hit by some mature rating. Not even seeing that on Chainsaw Man. There seems to be no payment options or verification to let you see it. Only option I see is to buy the volume.

I use the Viz site and when that happened to me months ago, all I had to do was create a free account to read Dandadan. Are you using the app or the website?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

I use the Viz site and when that happened to me months ago, all I had to do was create a free account to read Dandadan. Are you using the app or the website?

Website. I'm logged in. My name, my credit card, my ancient birth date. I checked again and it's open to read. A mistake on their end I guess.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb

Shinji2015 posted:

Rather troubling, hm.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Flubby posted:

Website. I'm logged in. My name, my credit card, my ancient birth date. I checked again and it's open to read. A mistake on their end I guess.

https://manga4life.com/manga/Dandadan is the aggregator I use when I'm not using the official Vis site.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Shinji2015 posted:

I dunno, he was keeping to his promise, so wasn't fighting back, or even really blocking or dodging by the looks of things.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014694

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Love the consistency of Okarun still using the movements he learned during the classical musician fights.

Manga owns as usual and this chapter has some ridiculous panels.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Just an absolute treat to have this and Sakamoto Days and Chainsaw Man going currently in terms of action paneling. Loved the xenomorph suit.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The squat still remaining as a stable move is amazing.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
This comic can never be animated, it will only disappoint.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I just got caught up, and one thing that I wanted to praise that I haven't seen many people talk about is the interrelationship of the main group. A lot of manga with large or even medium sized casts often have a problem where the relationship between the group is solely based on the secondary characters' relationship to the main character(s). Like, I don't know what Robin and Franky really think of each other in One Piece.

I feel I know exactly how pretty much everyone thinks of everyone else in Dandadan, even if it's a simple "they're weird." It makes it so everyone has reason to be there, and any two characters can pair up and it's actually interesting.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Yeah, this series is really good about making the main cast feel like actual people with intertwined lives.

Also sometimes someone beats a dude with squat-headbutts.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Definitely agree on the strength of the characterization of the core crew. Hell, even the side characters that don't show up super frequently are great.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014646

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The gang gets attacked by the mcpoyles

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

For a moment I forgot what manga I was reading and wondered when Exorcist Reina was gonna start pummeling people.