Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dumb poo poo your work does - How about this? gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Escape From Noise posted:

Oh. It's you again. How about this? gently caress you, rear end in a top hat. Suck my fuckin balls.

Is this a quote from the emails I write and then delete before I write the real email.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Outrail posted:

Perfect. No comments. Lay this one on the chef tomorrow.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Atticus_1354 posted:

Is this a quote from the emails I write and then delete before I write the real email.

I never dared doing this. What if I accidentally hit send?

It would be the beginning of better me

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

champagne posting posted:

Realtalk: When you're writing a potentially explosive email, DON'T ADDRESS IT UNTIL YOU'VE REVISED IT. That way, you can't send it before you're sure about it and have checked it twice.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

mllaneza posted:

Realtalk: When you're writing a potentially explosive email, DON'T ADDRESS IT UNTIL YOU'VE REVISED IT. That way, you can't send it before you're sure about it and have checked it twice.

This is what you do if you care about getting fired.

I'm currently on overnights with 1 other coworker. But he called out tonight so I'm solo working 5pm to 5am. Guess who just realized what happens tonight?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Sent a very very heavily edited and shortened version of the email I posted upthread to my manager and cc'd her manager on Sunday night.

Monday morning team meeting arrives and there's no reaction. Turns out that her Outlook is not working.

Then in rapid succession another of my teammates contacts her boss and threatened to quit due to something she did that morning, and the outlook exchange starts working. So two of her staff have simultaneously and clearly independently contacted her boss basically saying "poo poo changes asap or we're gone".

Long story short I'm moving to my new team in a few weeks.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

It would be the beginning of better me

Back when my job had me quietly raging about the holocaust of stupidity that included my employer as well as customers and their lawyers, I used to write long jeremiads & screeds in MS Word and save them to my desktop.

I’d move on to something else & then go back & read it, have a chuckle, delete, then compose a Professional ResponseTM

The process was very therapeutic.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Breetai posted:

Sent a very very heavily edited and shortened version of the email I posted upthread to my manager and cc'd her manager on Sunday night.

Monday morning team meeting arrives and there's no reaction. Turns out that her Outlook is not working.

Then in rapid succession another of my teammates contacts her boss and threatened to quit due to something she did that morning, and the outlook exchange starts working. So two of her staff have simultaneously and clearly independently contacted her boss basically saying "poo poo changes asap or we're gone".

Long story short I'm moving to my new team in a few weeks.

Outlook not working? That didn't happen. She's pretending not to hear from y'all to avoid discussing it in a team meeting. Or her and her boss came up with that excuse to buy time.

Congratulations on the new position!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

it's the best day of the year for people who work overnight on Sundays in the United States, the one where your shift is an hour longer and you get paid for 8 hours!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I've seen contracts where you get an extra hour on fall back and lose the hour on spring forward so its definitely the case that HR is just hand wringing about nothing. Its not like that hour doesn't exist, it still needs considered for like OSHA rules on double shifts.

There's an argument that losing that hour fucks up hour based calculations for OT etc. so better to just let the shift lottery wash out what the clock says. But if you just want the shift lottery to decide things might as well make it all positive so there's also an obvious pro labor fix where you get the extra hour at fall back and get a small "bonus" for working spring forward and get just a normal shift's hours.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

zedprime posted:

I've seen contracts where you get an extra hour on fall back and lose the hour on spring forward so its definitely the case that HR is just hand wringing about nothing. Its not like that hour doesn't exist, it still needs considered for like OSHA rules on double shifts.

There's an argument that losing that hour fucks up hour based calculations for OT etc. so better to just let the shift lottery wash out what the clock says. But if you just want the shift lottery to decide things might as well make it all positive so there's also an obvious pro labor fix where you get the extra hour at fall back and get a small "bonus" for working spring forward and get just a normal shift's hours.

every time I brought up working a 13 hour shift for 12 hours pay at my last plant, it was straight up

1. not illegal, stupid gently caress;
2. you get a shift diff.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I said gently caress it to normal work this Monday morning and did some pro-d instead.

- According to case law in my country, you can chop out the branches or roots of an encroaching tree but you aren't allowed to eat any overhanging fruit (I don't know if the courts have dealt with what happens if you chop the branches and then eat the fruit)

- The court may authorize your workmen and their animals to drive their hovercraft over your neighbour's land to repair a fence if it is more practicable than repairing from your side of the fence, but they must not lop any shrubs without consent.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

blackmet posted:

Outlook not working? That didn't happen. She's pretending not to hear from y'all to avoid discussing it in a team meeting. Or her and her boss came up with that excuse to buy time.

Nah, we're migrating from Office 2016 to 365, it happened.

blackmet posted:

Congratulations on the new position!

:toot:

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Jaguars! posted:

- The court may authorize your workmen and their animals to drive their hovercraft over your neighbour's land to repair a fence if it is more practicable than repairing from your side of the fence, but they must not lop any shrubs without consent.

I have yet to see an animal that could drive a hovercraft for poo poo, and not for want of trying.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Breetai posted:

Nah, we're migrating from Office 2016 to 365, it happened.

My company is migrating to 365 and now I'm wondering if I'm your IT guy :tinfoil:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Kegged today. Now I don't have anything going on for another week.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Jaguars! posted:

I said gently caress it to normal work this Monday morning and did some pro-d instead.

- According to case law in my country, you can chop out the branches or roots of an encroaching tree but you aren't allowed to eat any overhanging fruit (I don't know if the courts have dealt with what happens if you chop the branches and then eat the fruit)

Thanks to the r/relationships thread I have a slightly unhealthy enthusiasm for TREE LAW

We have our bi-annual food safety audit in two weeks. It’s my first one with this company, and while we are good on sanitation and make great beer, the owner bois are still very much learning about processes and record keeping. I’m good at that poo poo, but constantly having to pack off cans around brewing so I haven’t had much time to try to get our paperwork in order. I’ve been given a packaging-free day to work on it, but I’m also putting down a stout and filtering an IPA that day. Wish me luck goons. At least I’ve met the auditor before at my old brewery. She’s a nice lady, but she’s very good at her job.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Shithouse Dave posted:

Thanks to the r/relationships thread I have a slightly unhealthy enthusiasm for TREE LAW

We have our bi-annual food safety audit in two weeks. It’s my first one with this company, and while we are good on sanitation and make great beer, the owner bois are still very much learning about processes and record keeping. I’m good at that poo poo, but constantly having to pack off cans around brewing so I haven’t had much time to try to get our paperwork in order. I’ve been given a packaging-free day to work on it, but I’m also putting down a stout and filtering an IPA that day. Wish me luck goons. At least I’ve met the auditor before at my old brewery. She’s a nice lady, but she’s very good at her job.

Good luck! Paperwork suxxx

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kegged today. Now I don't have anything going on for another week.

Sounds like you have a full 40 hours to antagonize the chef.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

Sounds like you have a full 40 hours to antagonize the chef.

I got before him today and he didn't say good morning to me. I forgot to pitch a pants-making GBS threads tantrum over it though.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I got before him today and he didn't say good morning to me. I forgot to pitch a pants-making GBS threads tantrum over it though.

You need to figure out a way for you to poo poo his pants. :colbert:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

You need to figure out a way for you to poo poo his pants. :colbert:

Apparently that something is just not groveling to the master chef himself and being on friendly terms with pretty much everyone in the restaurant, including the cook who's leaving the kitchen because of him.

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Work: here is an anonymous online poll about burnout, stress, and working conditions.

Also work: please enter your 7 digit employee ID into said online poll.

How loving stupid do they think I am?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Checked the dark strong. It definitely needs another month of lagering. So I guess all I really have to do this month is two brew days. Gonna sleep in a bunch!

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

TheHomerTax posted:

Work: here is an anonymous online poll about burnout, stress, and working conditions.

enter your digits and tell them they suck

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Get everyone using the CEO'S seven-digit code.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

enter your digits and tell them they suck

I did this all the last 2 years and it got me put on a council of other disgruntled folks to find solutions

I had already found my solution, a new job!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
We had one a while back that was anonymous but wanted your age and date of hire.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

TheHomerTax posted:

I think you answered our own question.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Dumb poo poo your work has done: DSD edition, Ch. 1.

What is DSD? Direct (to) store delivery, where the producer warehouses product to be delivered directly from their warehouse to the customer location without entering the customer's warehouse or supply chain. This can be as simple as the customer making an order and having it delivered where their employees stock it, to producer/distributor-side salespeople making orders for specialized merchandisers to stock, and anything in between. Depending on where you live in the USA, this might be some or all of your packaged bread, chips, branded soft drinks, beer/wine/liquor, and other food or food adjacent products.

I did bread. So. much. loving. bread. All working for independent operators who own sales territory and the exclusive rights to sell product within it. Wide and varied amounts of giving a gently caress about the job, product, even the customers.

Show up to the depot between midnight and 0600, break your load of product down by store or just shove it into the truck to be picked from at the customer location, do some paperwork to show if you were short or over on product, then head out to distribute the poo poo.

Distribute you will, as you're usually the only person who will ever touch your product in-store. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, you start by pulling stale and organizing shelves/displays for new product coming in, get your product checked in, go to town merchandising, all while getting an idea in your head for what you must order next (sometimes a week out) or what you're going to move around between stores tomorrow. Sunday and Wednesday, you work product you've left in the store previous days. No deliveries, just what we call "pull ups".

I, myself, specialized in running vacations. Independent operator (I/Os) have to make arragements for their own time off. Illness, family issues, vacation, burnout, the company will not help you, but if they must, they will charge you an arm and a leg for doing so. Like, over $250/day (it's punitive). I charged rather less than that, usually taking all the profit/day or a little bit more.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
When a vendor sends a meeting invite to come on site and sell their wares, they can't book your conference room. You have to do that.
I'm going to stop telling my coworkers this.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

DSYWD: DSD edition, Ch. 2. My guy's laziness works for him.

My guy N, and I really like this guy, had not taken vacation for eleven years straight.

Not after the last time.

N didn't work hard, so wouldn't make you do anything too strenuous. Talking coming in late, staying out there forever each day, being as lazy as possible. Everyone liked him though. Great rapport with customers, they didn't care as long as the work got done eventually.

So, N trains this kid for a few weeks, throws him the keys, and leaves, Mon-Sat. Comes back on Sun to find the wheels of his cargo trailer bowed out like a stanced '94 Honda Civic. "Hmmm, what did he do to my trailer?!" Opens up the doors and it is completely full of undelivered bread. Checking the ties, he figures out what happend. The kid got tired of the job on Tues. Thurs-Sat he pulled the trailer to the depot, stacked poo poo in the trailer, then dropped it off back at N's front yard.

This is when, as a business owner, you'd poo poo yourself blind in anger. No time for that though! N rushes to all his stores and it's bare wire shelves as far as he could see. Everything sold out, everywhere. First store, N goes to the manager expecting the worst.

"Hey man, I'm so sorry. My guy flaked out. Can I vring poo poo in now?"

"Yeah, sure. Honestly, we know you and just figured something happened so we didn't call in on you. Go for it!"

The next four stores, he just rolled in like nothing was wrong. Sure, he got a few, "WTF, N? No service for three days? That's bad, even for you!", but it all worked out in the end.

poo poo scared, to beer-thirty in four hours.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'd pay money not to give a poo poo about anything. Is that office space hypnotist available for consultation? Seriously I'll pay money.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Outrail posted:

I'd pay money not to give a poo poo about anything. Is that office space hypnotist available for consultation? Seriously I'll pay money.

Have you tried drinking at work? I could never get away with that due to the whole driving thing, but I hear good things.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

madeintaipei posted:

Have you tried drinking at work? I could never get away with that due to the whole driving thing, but I hear good things.

If you don't have a hidden fifth of driving whisky, you haven't truly lived.

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
Counterpoint: drunk drivers can absolutely get hosed

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762?lang=en

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Skanky Burns posted:

Counter-counter-point: Doing dumb Initial D tier bullshit in whatever racing game you like is WAY more fun shithammer wasted than it is sober.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Skanky Burns posted:

Oh, there a good bit of that.

Roll up to the back door of my only stop at 0600. Rhymes with Ball-Warg. There is a huge crash and beer starts pouring out from underneath the roll-up door. Cursing, yelling, door flys up. Bottles just rolling out into the lot.

Beer semi driver is lit. Totally hosed, sideways.

How did that happen? He must have driven to work and parked his car. Wandered into the office to get the keys to his truck and assignments. Drove the bitch out of there and signed for the truck and trailer on the way out.

Two hours later, he's at Ball-Wargs door, spilling pallets.

The receivers went ham on him,

"Don't do anything. We've called your boss, he'll be here in a minute."

I saw what was happening, went and got my personal vehicle to park in front of the tractor.

"Yo! Leave if you got to. You will not be driving that truck. Taxi, friend, whatever. Just walk away."

Did he go in hosed, or slam a 12 between the depot and his 2nd stop?

Sad story, dude died two weeks later. Work probation, heart attack at the depot.