Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sure, you can make the greatest pizza together, but will you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Is mimicking a mexitalian accent only half racist?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Seems like a valid pizza. Not great, but not bad. Unless you particularly hate some of the ingredients. Not really "mexican" at all either, but not like ridiculous.

More ridiculous is this:

https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1589419864225087490
https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1589441337430249474

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

OwlFancier posted:

my only reference for mormon party food has led me to believe that mormon parties are not very good.

Mormons notably are forbidden from ingesting any alcohol (sensible except for the fact this includes eating anything cooked with it, despite how cooking with alcohol works), and also restricted from drinking any coffee or tea. (loving what)

Far more understandably, almost all the mormons before the 1980s lived in loving Utah, one of the most boring parts of the entire USA.

What I'm saying is that your assessment is spot on that they have the worst parties you can imagine.

SlothfulCobra posted:

More ridiculous is this:

3 years too early for casual Chinese racism to be made popular by Disney. They were so close.

https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1589438555784630273

KataraniSword has a new favorite as of 11:34 on Nov 7, 2022

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

KataraniSword posted:

Mormons notably are forbidden from ingesting any alcohol (sensible except for the fact this includes eating anything cooked with it, despite how cooking with alcohol works), and also restricted from drinking any coffee or tea. (loving what)

Some Mormons will also avoid caffeinated sodas, but some of them won't, because soda is a soft drink served cold (as opposed to "strong drinks" served hot).

Historically, as they crossed the United States, they drank "Mormon tea" which is made from a plant that contains ephedra. I don't know what the current LDS status is on energy drinks, though.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkbuFwHnJQY

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't understand any of the China Coast food. It doesn't look like Americanized Asian food, not even in a "Southwest Egg Rolls" sense.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i went to look for a China Coast commercial and only found one. it wasn't as funny/terrible as i had hoped it would be. but i did find this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myGoF2-YEyQ

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

uber_stoat posted:

i went to look for a China Coast commercial and only found one. it wasn't as funny/terrible as i had hoped it would be. but i did find this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myGoF2-YEyQ

:lol:

I haven't thought of China Star since I left Wichita a decade ago.

I've eaten there a couple times actually.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How is any of that a real ad, this is nearly Tim and Eric levels of production.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

By popular demand posted:

Local tv can make some real wowzers. When your budget is the cost of the commercial slot plus 5 dollars, your standards slip a little

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
China Coast somehow did worse than the tex-mex restaurant named 'boobies'

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Tim and Eric was genius because it was accurate

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

watch detroiters for a perfect parody of (among much else) local tv advertising

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I refuse to believe "3rd and Steese" is a possible street name. I'm not going to look it up. It's fake and google is lying.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

angerbeet posted:

I refuse to believe "3rd and Steese" is a possible street name. I'm not going to look it up. It's fake and google is lying.

It's not a street name, you absolute goon, it's an intersection name.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Steese is a highway

There are like five highways in Alaska and they all have names like that

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

angerbeet posted:

rip taken too soon.

Wang_Tang
Jan 11, 2004

Cryptologic

uber_stoat posted:

rip taken too soon.

I ate there once in 2014.

It's a Chinese Buffet in the middle of Alaska. I don't know what people expect.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Wang_Tang posted:

I ate there once in 2014.

It's a Chinese Buffet in the middle of Alaska. I don't know what people expect.

Are you referring to the quality of the food or the cleanliness of the restaurant?

Now you got me thinking of my local Chinese Buffet. The Chinese food and sushi isn't all that great even for South Central Jersey but they did have a Mongolian BBQ. Sadly, they discontinued the BBQ post-COVID so I've been less inclined to go now. There are far better Chinese restaurants and Sushi places that I could choose from instead. The buffet's only advantage is price and variety but what's the point if the food isn't great unless the point is to stuff yourself silly.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Edward IV posted:

Mongolian BBQ

Ugggh restaurants that make you do the work is a huge pet peeve of mine.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So no buffets ever? Even in Vegas?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cyril Sneer posted:

Ugggh restaurants that make you do the work is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Mongolian bbq is awesome, get outta here ya weirdo

e: wait poo poo this is the thread for terrible foods, am I supposed to get outta here instead?

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 06:28 on Nov 8, 2022

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Turn left at the ranch sauce fountain.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Golden Corral provides some of the best people watching to be found in the western hemisphere

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sadly I didn't have the time on my one and only visit, but I'll definitely try to go there if the U.S doesn't gently caress with my tourist visa again.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sadly I didn't have the time on my one and only visit, but I'll definitely try to go there if the U.S doesn't gently caress with my tourist visa again.

Please don't actually go to Golden Corral, it's a ploy to get you to spontaneously turn into a Midwestern American

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wait, what part of the work do they make you do at Mongolian BBQs?

Just picturing a bunch of customers crowded around the big round griddle all flailing at it with spatulas ...

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
You have to pick the things you want, unlike in a regular restaurant where

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AlbieQuirky posted:

You have to pick the things you want, unlike in a regular restaurant where

You have to put it in the bowl and hold it, the insanity!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wait. Do I not know the difference between Mongolian barbecue, hot pot, and teppanyaki? I feel like I've seen all the above described so far.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Brawnfire posted:

Wait. Do I not know the difference between Mongolian barbecue, hot pot, and teppanyaki? I feel like I've seen all the above described so far.

Out of those hot pot is generally the only one you do yourself

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I make vegan pumpkin sauce macaroni and cheese. It’s good but it needs a bit of chili to cut through the sweetness and a ton of nutritional yeast for the umami. Otherwise it would taste like pasta with jelly I guess.

Mmm. My partner likes this type of dish with butternut squash, but doesn't like spiciness. While it's nice... It is pretty darn sweet.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mongolian BBQ:

Hotpot:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Seems like a fun way to enjoy a meal with friends.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please don't actually go to Golden Corral, it's a ploy to get you to spontaneously turn into a Midwestern American
A terrible fate, dontcha know

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's what I thought! Mongolian bbq takes no work, and there's no big pot you hold things in

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Mongolian barbecue is like Subway or Chipotle but you grab your raw ingredients out of a buffet which is meant to be fun and whimsical for normal people else a maximum eater will be either "you can replace this with a list of checkboxes and then I don't need to get up" or else "my food per minute is much better at a buffet where the food is actually cooked."

Some people also get really salty when the cook glares or suggests things don't go together when you come up with a traincrash mixture although this is often a subset of the "put it on the menu" people.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zedprime posted:

Mongolian barbecue is like Subway or Chipotle but you grab your raw ingredients out of a buffet which is meant to be fun and whimsical for normal people else a maximum eater will be either "you can replace this with a list of checkboxes and then I don't need to get up" or else "my food per minute is much better at a buffet where the food is actually cooked."

Some people also get really salty when the cook glares or suggests things don't go together when you come up with a traincrash mixture although this is often a subset of the "put it on the menu" people.

gently caress you! I'll put all the good stuff I like in that bowl and eat that slop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*locks eyes with grill chef as I hand them a large bowl of teriyaki sauce and nothing else*