Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Meatball posted:

Why aren't we discussing that he got to $8 price point by haggling with Stephen King on Twitter? I don't feel there's been a lot of discussion about that

He did do market research, or comparing features with other social media sites, no moves like that. No, he got lowballed by a horror writer whose take was basically, "gently caress you I'd rather delete my account than pay you anything".

Because that didn't happen. King said musk should be paying him to stay, if anything, and musk, the cringing sack of pus, said "how about 8 dollars", which King didn't dignify with a response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/alexeheath/status/1589730279161475072?t=PtmELr5PQZQ_-uAClRB8sQ&s=19

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

holy poo poo he really is gonna just turn Twitter into SA isn't he?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Castor Poe posted:

Seriously? Wow.

Elon's grandfather was also the earliest known practicer of chiropractic medicine in Canada. He was a massive dork who wanted to replace Canadian electoral politics with Techocracy, which is basically the concept of unelected scientists nerds running the government. Truly a trailblazing tech bro, it's practically musk family tradition

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: that’s hilarious!

Forget the smarties, the wokes, and nerds like us, imagine this from the POV of the average normie user. Why on earth would someone pay for Twitter when Facebook’s free?! :hurr:

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Just LOL when this starts becoming rampant beyond belief and there's nothing at all in place to even pretend to control it.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1589415889916825601

Every original blue-check and IRL famous person will be deleting their accounts as fast as possible.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Coward!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1589796709496164352

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Tea Party Crasher posted:

If I remember the musk lore correctly, his grandfather was a failed politician who believed the Canadian government was being taken over by the Jews . So seeing Nazis probably makes him nostalgic for pop pop

Unsurprisingly, Musk is also not a fan of the Canadian government and criticizes it frequently along with the PM.

Yeah, he's a total believer in that poo poo.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Force "verified" users to use the name on the credit card that pays the 8 dollars a month imo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Musk was cheering on that stupid Trucker convoy in Canada the entire time.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Good to see the important issues are being addressed!

*server melts down*

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

bobjr posted:

Musk was cheering on that stupid Trucker convoy in Canada the entire time.

He was indeed, and actually believed they would succeed.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Good to see the important issues are being addressed!

*server melts down*

elon is a coward, i would accept an $8 subscription that allows people to defame me. if any of you guys wanna sign up i'll make a patreon

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

jeffreyw posted:

At least Trump had some real posting energy at times. Musk just sucks.

I hate giving props for it but u gotta admit that post where he was wrestling the CNN logo was a paradigm shift in politics similar to kennedys performance in the first televised presidential debate

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's wild to me is how much Musk clearly believes everybody is desperate for his product.

He thinks he can DRAIN THE SWAMP and fire all the employees and Twitter is such an amazing place to work they'll come crawling back if you crack the door open so you'd better give them an hour ultimatum. THEY DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE.

He thinks people will line up to pay for access to twitter.

He thinks the weird nerds telling him his masterbatrovfefe jokes are super witty are the entirety of the internet and all the celebrities dunking on him are just jealous.

Being so rich that nobody ever dares give you bad news is just such mind poison

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump is a genius

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Lol not even the best part

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1589797015780982786

Buying a checkmark could cost Twitter money lol

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

TwoPair posted:

holy poo poo he really is gonna just turn Twitter into SA isn't he?

right now I'm paying like 0.0002 cents per month, technically, considering I've had this account for two decades and I have the odd ability of not pissing of moderators

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I wish I had video editing skills because I want to take this video and slowly add more Musk faces as the video goes on until everyone has a Musk face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q82twrdr0U

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

jeffreyw posted:

At least Trump had some real posting energy at times. Musk just sucks.

Trump is genuinely confident enough to have that translate in his posts. There's something about Elon that reads as insecure and desperate in his campaign to seem "with it." Trump is just out here taking shots at people, meanwhile Elon is posting relatable Facebook memes like when you put in the USB wrong haha!!! for an audience of grifter's all mewling for him to talk up their crypto currency

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Elon Musk has legit never even said anything funny on accident. the closest thing would be yelling at that one guy that he was a scubadiving pedophile who he'd be seeing in court but that's not really a bit you can build off or fall back to soo

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

By 2030, we’re all going to be wondering how we let a bunch of companies THAT NEVER EVEN MADE ANY MONEY ruin everything.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

FirstnameLastname posted:

Elon Musk has legit never even said anything funny on accident. the closest thing would be yelling at that one guy that he was a scubadiving pedophile who he'd be seeing in court but that's not really a bit you can build off or fall back to soo

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/686279251293777920?s=20&t=WOi77LkU9nd3CUlwyM0GpA

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I really hope he sticks the entirety of Twitter behind a paywall. It’s the absolute fastest way to kill it. Overnight it would be over, with only a few diehard Muskets remaining, but even they’ll bail when they have no lefties to own. Outside of that literally nobody is going to pay for something as dumb as Twitter. Like ever. The very idea shows such a fundamental lack of understanding what made Twitter successful in the first place that it makes total sense that Elon will do it.

He genuinely believes the platform is the product, not the the users. It’s really funny and you’d save a lot of money on bandwidth when all the users leave. Win/win

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1589798095877214211

Who was LPing Dangan Ronpan on Twitter?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:laffo: He’s a con artist! A grifter! And that’s all he’s ever been! :lol:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Trump is genuinely confident enough to have that translate in his posts. There's something about Elon that reads as insecure and desperate in his campaign to seem "with it." Trump is just out here taking shots at people, meanwhile Elon is posting relatable Facebook memes like when you put in the USB wrong haha!!! for an audience of grifter's all mewling for him to talk up their crypto currency

I think you hit the nail on the head

Trump has the heart and soul of a poster. He is the embodiment of :justpost:. He has thin skin, sure, but he can post through it with the best of them

Elon is like your 70 year old grandad trying to be hip with the latest may mays and he just is a try hard. That's all he is. He tries hard and he hardly tries. He can never be with it because he tries to force being funny, and that'll never work

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Steadiman posted:

I really hope he sticks the entirety of Twitter behind a paywall. It’s the absolute fastest way to kill it. Overnight it would be over, with only a few diehard Muskets remaining, but even they’ll bail when they have no lefties to own. Outside of that literally nobody is going to pay for something as dumb as Twitter. Like ever. The very idea shows such a fundamental lack of understanding what made Twitter successful in the first place that it makes total sense that Elon will do it.

He genuinely believes the platform is the product, not the the users. It’s really funny and you’d save a lot of money on bandwidth when all the users leave. Win/win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1kJhSMuV60

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

:roflolmao:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Twitter wasn’t going to survive the decade anyway, Elon’s just bringing about the end of it faster.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

drat that sucks this'll probably actually do a lot to stem the bleeding

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm gonna laugh if this is all some insane stocks and writeoff ploy to short Tesla or Twitter to further Methuselize billionares or generate funding for more bullshit

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Steadiman posted:

I really hope he sticks the entirety of Twitter behind a paywall. It’s the absolute fastest way to kill it.

To think the next generation will not understand screenshots remarking "this website is free". It'll sound like magic to them when they are grinding in their VR desk job in order to save up enough credits for their lovely 200 ft apartment in the matrix

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

VikingofRock posted:

Just thinking about this scene from Star Trek Disco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bgMCNXzNtE

Never build a statue of, name something after or I guess reference in something set in the future, someone who hasn't been dead for at least 10 years is an evergreen rule.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

How far in advance/long for can you order, or buy a short position?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hmmyes:

Any time he spouts obviously made-up bullshit Tesla goals for the fans to eat up is very funny, especially when it's ad libbed live with the engineers who would theoretically be responsible forced to stand there and listen

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

star trek picard also had a little angeleno who watched rick and morty who saved the world from global warming, and he probably watched the rick and morty with elon tusk, so that's 2x canonizations of musk in star trek. note though: they took this plot out in the fixed version available for streaming now, and i have to say, it fixed all my problems with the show. give it a watch and if you've watched it already, give it another try.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Waffle House posted:

I'm gonna laugh if this is all some insane stocks and writeoff ploy to short Tesla or Twitter to further Methuselize billionares or generate funding for more bullshit

Nah, Elon’s just stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

To think the next generation will not understand screenshots remarking "this website is free". It'll sound like magic to them when they are grinding in their VR desk job in order to save up enough credits for their lovely 200 ft apartment in the matrix

Gotta pay for those applause credits for the meta comedy club somehow