Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Clarste posted:

It's a little awkward imo because the duration of her E is 3 seconds shorter than the cooldown.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

That's sadly what I have her at despite trying for more and I tested my Nahida/Collei/Ayato/Kuki team in abyss 12 today and it wrecked so I think it's fine even if it's not ideal.

Exciting to have three OP teams that don't share characters.

Yeah I figured missing that C2 seems like a pain but good to hear it can still somewhat work.

And yeah trying to save my C2 Raiden for my other team haha. Would be nice to have two independent teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nahida Yae Fischl is fun but not great for the overworld I guess

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You don't really need C2 Kuki, but god it is so handy. Having a larger AOE and 100% skill uptime is pretty crazy for increasing her usefulness. Definitely one of the few characters where I'd go for it if she shows up on a banner again.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Is C0 Kuki fine for a Nahida hyperbloom party? I have yet to level her

I use her C0 in my hyperbloom party. She works just fine. Just wait an extra 2-3 seconds before starting your next rotation

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kuki's great because her biggest power jump is at C2. Levels on her talents don't do much except heal better, her C4 isn't major, and C6 is more of a QoL thing. But they are nice to have.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Wondering if playable Scara is gonna be able to just fly up to Boss Scara's face and beat him up :thunk:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

we already know the max height for his glide (even with hydro buff) and it's roughly the height of one of those three story buildings in mondstadt :v:

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I had my fastest clear ever of Raiden today (and without ANY food buffs) using Zhongli/Nahida/Fischl/Keqing. Turns out Nahida can tear down Raiden's shield even faster than Yoimiya! I really really want to use this team for mopping up Sumeru chests and quests, but thanks to the stupid shroom drops I'll only ever use this team in domains :argh: why they don't let you convert between the three at alchemy tables is a mystery, tho I wouldn't be suprised if that gets added in 3.8.

BTW for anyone thinking of rolling Childe, there are some leaks saying Ayato will get a rerun soonish? He's a MUCH better hydro DPS if that's what you're looking for.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've been bopping around with nahida/fischl/keqing but I haven't put a lot of effort into rebuilding my keq. Is she looking for more EM, should I swap out my atk sands for EM? Same question for fischl

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

BabyRyoga posted:

I've been interrupted in being able to complete the archon quest because of other bullshit quests interfering with NPCs like 3 times now. Makes me wonder if this is a design choice, lazy programming, or both?

Why would you intentionally impose this kind of limitation on the player when MMOs 20 years old don't have the same problem?

I assumed it was deliberate to keep you from laser focusing on archon quests or events and so on, and get you to go do some of the side content.

Also is the PC downloader/launcher really bad? Ive had it corrupt the files and restart and a few times the launcher's process just vanished. The most recent advice was 'make sure everything downloads to your c drive" so I'm trying that for the file download. Though if it needs to stay there to play nice, I'll stick to my Playstation.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've had my game on my E drive and never had any issues. At some point I did create a shortcut so i could use the -popupwindow for fullscreen windowed mode so it didn't minimize when i alt tabbed, so for the past couple patches i've only opened the launcher during the updates.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It doesnt feel right for Keqing and Fischl to absolutely wreck the Shogun boss fight but Nahida makes such things possible.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It feels extremely right.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'm gonna drop my c0 keqing I think because she moves too much

beidou meanwhile, is c4 so I might give her a whirl

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It doesnt feel right for Keqing and Fischl to absolutely wreck the Shogun boss fight but Nahida makes such things possible.

I always brought Fischl since you needed some electro damage anyway, so not too far off from my normal team in that fight

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Coolness Averted posted:

I always brought Fischl since you needed some electro damage anyway, so not too far off from my normal team in that fight

You actually don't, I run mono cryo for the raiden fight and ayaka easily fills the instant kill orb by herself.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

poo poo why do i keep forgetting I have yae she's probably great with nahida

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Mix. posted:

we already know the max height for his glide (even with hydro buff) and it's roughly the height of one of those three story buildings in mondstadt :v:

Hold on, this is the first I'm hearing of this. Is there an example of this somewhere?

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

ReverendHammer posted:

Hold on, this is the first I'm hearing of this. Is there an example of this somewhere?

There are multiple Video's showcasing his Animations. Should find one just searching for Wanderer/Genshin on the ol Youtube.

MadHat fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 8, 2022

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I couldn't stand any of the gremlin characters when I started playing this game. The first crack in that wall was Sayu. Her utility talent let me get the jump on critters and get that tasty tasty unagi meat. Now Nahida is in the mix and her utility talent is amazing. I imagine my traveler gripping her by both legs and swinging her around like a dowsing rod.

"Pick these flowers" "Now pick these fruits" "Now scoop up these beetles" "I don't know what these are but I'm running low and you can pick them"

Her being an absolute beast in combat is the icing on the tiny, big-headed cake.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

I've been enjoying Nahida/Yae/Fishl/Zhongli for abyss this week. Replaced Raiden national's usual side and it was noticeably faster to clear 11/12. Not really applicable for open world because I need so many mushroom parts that electro is banned but whatever.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I find myself slow to use Nahida for much yet, but I am still working on her artifacts. The ranged harvest is cool, the damage seems decent with Yae as a buddy, but alas there is very little I can do about child-body run speed. Give me stilts, Mihoyo!

Ah well, I still use Qiqi a lot, I am sure that Nahida will become a bigger part of the team once I have had a bit more time to get used to her skills. I am currently toying with the idea of giving her Prototype Amber so I still get a little healing in that character slot, but it does mean sacrificing a significant amount of potential damage.

The tidbits the end of the Archon Quest offered about the next archon sounded pretty cool. I hope they are at least as fun a character as some of the Sumeru standouts.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Well that was weird. I tried to run the game while I was typing in another window, which made me accidentally decline the UAC prompt when it popped up, and when I ran it again and gave it permission, instead of the usual launcher it gave me the old default Unity configuration tool, which I've never seen for Genshin before.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Fontaine had better have trains.

And one of those trains had better become haunted.

And we had better be able to fight the ghost train.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Happy Underpants posted:

And we had better be able to fight suplex the ghost train.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Coolness Averted posted:

I assumed it was deliberate to keep you from laser focusing on archon quests or events and so on, and get you to go do some of the side content.

Also is the PC downloader/launcher really bad? Ive had it corrupt the files and restart and a few times the launcher's process just vanished. The most recent advice was 'make sure everything downloads to your c drive" so I'm trying that for the file download. Though if it needs to stay there to play nice, I'll stick to my Playstation.

I haven't had any issues with it on a second SSD for games which is the E: drive. It wouldn't hurt to check your disk with crystal disk info and see if it's got errors, just in case.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Happy Underpants posted:

Fontaine had better have trains.

And one of those trains had better become haunted.

And we had better be able to fight the ghost train.

Compromise : how about an underwater submarine train

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

A Traveller chooses, a 4* obeys

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Rexxed posted:

I haven't had any issues with it on a second SSD for games which is the E: drive. It wouldn't hurt to check your disk with crystal disk info and see if it's got errors, just in case.

Yeah I'll wind up checking the disk just to be safe, though it gave the encryption error on my C: drive once or twice, and not just the E: my ssd is assigned to. Though on C it didn't reset like on the ssd.
Both drives are about 2 1/2 years old and different makes, so it would be weird if both were failing, but I lose nothing double checking.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Don't forget the good old memtest86 in case you have a bad stick or something.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Free Dori from the next event, huh? Has anyone found a use for her yet?

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Garrand posted:

I've been bopping around with nahida/fischl/keqing but I haven't put a lot of effort into rebuilding my keq. Is she looking for more EM, should I swap out my atk sands for EM? Same question for fischl

seconding this question

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mailer posted:

Nahida is so, so good. Like I'd expect them to introduce some new mechanic that screws with aoe damage at this point. My biggest problem right now is not owning Kuki and therefore having to consume Raiden to keep reactions up. As long as I have my hydro/electro dealers running everything within camera distance just dies. Sure, Ganyu can hit for more damage, but she can't hit the entire room.

Is Shinobu better than Fischl for some reason? I'm using Fischl, and with Kokomi as healer.

I want to avoid having Shinobu as a healer, because I find that it's kind of a pain; Shinobu herself gradually gets hurt from casting her heal, and she has to stay on field to heal from that damage. It's a bit more maintenance that I'd prefer for a healer.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

i'd rather have goro

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Finally got around to do the archon quest. Probably not intended, but Scara desperate enough to recover the gnosis that he wrenches himself out of his god mecha, only for him to drop like a sack of potatoes while everyone else is like "okay, time for tree adventures" was darkly funny. Do I have to do Nahida's follow up quest to get the weekly boss?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Traveller posted:

Finally got around to do the archon quest. Probably not intended, but Scara desperate enough to recover the gnosis that he wrenches himself out of his god mecha, only for him to drop like a sack of potatoes while everyone else is like "okay, time for tree adventures" was darkly funny. Do I have to do Nahida's follow up quest to get the weekly boss?
Nope, should already be there for you. Its a little to the right of sumeru city, you can find it in adventurer handbook with the name jouriri (? something like that) workshop.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Garrand posted:

Risutora posted:

seconding this question

I tried to test this out a little and swapped out artifacts on Keqing from 2448 ATK / 40 EM to 1951 ATK / 306 EM. Fighting the Aeonblight Drake, aggravate damage stayed remarkably similar with 1st NA crits doing 8.2k on the ATK build and 8.8k on the EM build. But then not every attack does aggravate, maybe only one-third or one half?

I'd say there's not much difference in the end, pick the one with better crit stats.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

Basically the same sort of stuff Kuki is good for on Dendro teams except not nearly as good. I think there's a handful of situations where she's useful but since she shares most of her mats with Nahida she's going to be languishing at L20 for the foreseeable future.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dori C6 is an almost respectable electro noelle because you can spam kazuha E during her infusion CD and using her over keqing solves the aggravate healer problem. Otherwise that's about it, she does not do the same things kuki does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ytlaya posted:

Is Shinobu better than Fischl for some reason? I'm using Fischl, and with Kokomi as healer.

I want to avoid having Shinobu as a healer, because I find that it's kind of a pain; Shinobu herself gradually gets hurt from casting her heal, and she has to stay on field to heal from that damage. It's a bit more maintenance that I'd prefer for a healer.

The issue is more abyss teams than any specific character. If I use Koko, I can't run my Ganyu team. If I use Raiden, I can't run Rational. You really need a healer, though, so I could run Nahida/Kuki/Yelan/Fischl and lose nothing in use by other teams. Without Kuki my second team is limited to either Xiao Double Geo or Hu Tao Double Geo, and while the latter is fine for B-side current abyss 12 it's pretty limiting in general. Fischl is just there to be double electro (tri-karma cooldown reduction) and because she's an outstanding off-field character on top of that.

This could, of course, all be invalidated by some new electro healer or hydro healer or Baizhu being a dendro healer with some bonkers ability or whatever.