Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean I enjoy Jim Irsay, as someone who does not root for the Colts, but that said it's pretty insulting to hire a completely, nakedly unqualified white dude. Like, I find his drug use, his hatred of analytics and hands on approach to everything... funny, but man, you can't loving hire Jeff Saturday as a head coach, what the gently caress man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Him just openly cucking his gm is some intense ritual humiliation poo poo and I cannot get enough of this

Let's go Jim

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also yeah, guess he found a way around the Rooney rule?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I mean I enjoy Jim Irsay, as someone who does not root for the Colts, but that said it's pretty insulting to hire a completely, nakedly unqualified white dude. Like, I find his drug use, his hatred of analytics and hands on approach to everything... funny, but man, you can't loving hire Jeff Saturday as a head coach, what the gently caress man.

I disagree

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

fsif posted:

Also yeah, guess he found a way around the Rooney rule?

Interim coaches can be whoever that has sort of always been the case.

I think tho he can't go into next season without Rooney rule stuff which I'm sure irsay will definitely respect

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I'm like half way through but I can't believe this presser.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kalli posted:

It's funny tho

Nov 6, 2002

It will be pretty funny when Saturday has to step down in a few weeks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It is, but man the last thing the world needs is more nakedly unqualified white dudes.

Like c'mon if you want that, Dwight Freeney lost all his money to con artists, dude could've used the job.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Irsay is probably the least loathsome NFL owner tbh

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I don't think any of the staff still left with the Colts think it's funny though they are thinking my career prospects are hosed!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Laughing hysterically because both John Fox and gus Bradley are coaches on this team and now they gotta report to Jeff Saturday

This is the best presser since al Davis and his overhead projector

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

lmao "you made me put together a dogshit roster"

this is extra good bc its not like the receiving corps is looking great either

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This isn't going to hurt any of the assistant coaches. Maybe their pride but Bradley is still having a good season coaching the defense and Ventrone is still a good special teams coach. They can keep doing their thing without having to take the extra scrutiny since all eyes are on the offense and now Saturday.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lmao "you made me put together a dogshit roster"

this is extra good bc its not like the receiving corps is looking great either

I'd say the receivers have actually been the strength of the offense. Pittman is really good, Parris Campbell is more productive than he's ever been, and Pierce is looking like a really good draft pick.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1589805972830457856

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

I'd say the receivers have actually been the strength of the offense. Pittman is really good, Parris Campbell is more productive than he's ever been, and Pierce is looking like a really good draft pick.

how is he more productive in an offense that didn't complete a pass until late in the 2nd quarter this last sunday?

but you're saying he did actually succeed in putting together a good receiving corps bc that is definitely not something that's noticeable from watching them

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Parris Campbell isn't injured, which counts as progress for him

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Always funny when billionaires claim they've been held to account because they have to tolerate people making fun of them online.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Benne posted:

Parris Campbell isn't injured, which counts as progress for him

Man I thought Paris Campbell was the next Golden tate. I even picked him for the seahawks in the goon draft. What a whiff

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The receivers are pretty good. Basically everything that's wrong with the Colts offense starts at the offensive line. They can't do anything and it's dragged the entire team down. Of the 3 games they won, two were thanks to the passing game but it pretty much killed Matt Ryan.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

how is he more productive in an offense that didn't complete a pass until late in the 2nd quarter this last sunday?

but you're saying he did actually succeed in putting together a good receiving corps bc that is definitely not something that's noticeable from watching them

Well for him personally it's admittedly a low bar given his injury history, but he has about 300 yards receiving on the season which is already almost double his total from last year. Pierce has emerged as an increasingly-reliable outside threat, despite limited opportunities resulting from his QBs getting pasted in 1.5 seconds every play. And Pittman has shown himself to be a capable WR1 in general.

I wouldn't call it a great receiving corps, but it's solid and young, and I think if the pass protection was even remotely competent they'd be acknowledged as a blue-chip unit.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The casualness in which people are addressing the Saturday stuff is turning me into the joker. It should be an ultimate embarrassment for the league

Nov 6, 2002

Guy who inherited football team complaining about accountability.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lmao this owns

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1589801551333396480?t=etLbRNkJUEWnix-TWdQwqg&s=19

Nov 6, 2002

woah so he does like analytics???

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they aren't in the upper quartile of the upper quartile. they're in the upper half of the upper quartile. this is probably the most embarrassing thing jim irsay has ever said or done

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Harlock posted:

The casualness in which people are addressing the Saturday stuff is turning me into the joker. It should be an ultimate embarrassment for the league

More embarrassing than the bidding war for a serial rapist QB, the time the Ravens made a lady apologize for getting assaulted, Aaron Hernandez literally murdering people, or just the Colts game that they put on national television this weekend?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Shouldn't there be something in the bylaws preventing a guy named Saturday from coaching an NFL team? Just seems wrong.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

is the Brian Flores lawsuit still ongoing bc boy is this some good new proof of systemic racism in NFL hiring

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/EricHolmer/status/1589805780366041088

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Kalli posted:

But Bienemy got into a fight 30 years ago and after all it's Reid who runs the plays.

I hope it turns into a clown show for exactly this reason

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

is the Brian Flores lawsuit still ongoing bc boy is this some good new proof of systemic racism in NFL hiring

is it racism or just plain old stupidity. there are plenty of qualified white candidates he could have hired too

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Saturday is a weird hire but I don't know why people are trotting out names of other candidates from outside the organization. How many times has a team hired an interim HC midseason who wasn't already on staff? Was Bienemy going to walk away from his current job to take the position sight-unseen? Was anybody?

Nov 6, 2002

It's probably a good thing for black coaching prospects that no minority is associated with the clusterfuck that is about to happen. Head Coach Dwight Freeney would not exactly have advanced the cause.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I think it's just the frustration that there seems to be two different sets of standards for who can be a head coach based on your background.

That being said, I wonder if this is a straight up tank job. You'd think they'd want someone plausible to command the tank but it IS Irsay, man doesn't care about optics.

Also just saw this and agree

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1589745323161030656?t=fpDzARbJ0XHvBuvuEx-qbg&s=19

E:f,b - black tank commanders don't help with this issue

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's probably a good thing for black coaching prospects that no minority is associated with the clusterfuck that is about to happen. Head Coach Dwight Freeney would not exactly have advanced the cause.

Yeah this was my thought as well. Like do you REALLY want a black coach to soak up all this humiliation and failure as the Colts are openly on a tank job?

e: wow, I was beaten by like a minute. Serves me right for catching up on the thread after work

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

More embarrassing than the bidding war for a serial rapist QB, the time the Ravens made a lady apologize for getting assaulted, Aaron Hernandez literally murdering people, or just the Colts game that they put on national television this weekend?

All of those things are bad and gross and NFL writers took the league to task for it. Everyone seems mum on this because Jeff Saturday is my friend and a cool dude (tm)

Rooney Rule aside, it's a competitive balance issue blah blah

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Isentropy posted:

I think it's just the frustration that there seems to be two different sets of standards for who can be a head coach based on your background.

That being said, I wonder if this is a straight up tank job. You'd think they'd want someone plausible to command the tank but it IS Irsay, man doesn't care about optics.

It's less of a tank job and more of an "Irsay wants his loyal guy in there to see what's what and let him know if his GM is worth keeping" situation. Saturday is almost certainly not going to be the coach after this season, he's just Irsay's spy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah this was my thought as well. Like do you REALLY want a black coach to soak up all this humiliation and failure as the Colts are openly on a tank job?

e: wow, I was beaten by like a minute. Serves me right for catching up on the thread after work

yes, bc you shouldn't make the decision based on race in the first place! whether its a tank job or not, its a high profile well paying job in the league. those should go to black coaches as often as white coaches.

like having to put it in terms of "does this help black coaches writ large" is the exact problem. no one thinks this is going to hurt the chances of white coaches or of former white o-lineman who've become coaches. poo poo, even if it is a tank job no one's even convinced that'll hurt Saturday specifically.