Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/SaeedDiCaprio/status/1589690026778296320

God, imagine Youtube or Facebook being like "only paid users can come here."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Waffle House posted:

I'm gonna laugh if this is all some insane stocks and writeoff ploy to short Tesla or Twitter to further Methuselize billionares or generate funding for more bullshit

The most generous interpretation you could give of this situation is that he is creating a massive mess on purpose as some sort of stock market blood sacrifice in order to perform valuation alchemy. Elon basically makes all of his money through his brand and influence rather than making actual useful products that benefit society, so maybe he just wanted to kill Twitter so he wouldn't have to engage in the work of actually managing it.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

It's 2022 and you can call the world's richest man a little whiny baby man to his face and without fail every time he gets legit mad and acts like a little whiny baby man and not only can anyone on the planet do it whenever they want, he keeps coming back for more.

The future ain't all bad.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Nah, Elon’s just stupid.

I gotta take that photo of a monkey's paw curling out of my wallet. I carry that with me everywhere.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
How do I make money on tesla stock going down over the next couple months

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Fattest PI posted:

Time travel.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Elon Musk is going to end the rampant divorcephobia on twitter so it can be a safe space for men to spend whatever's left after the alimony payments on verifying they are in fact the REAL dan788799 (✓)

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

The Fattest PI posted:

join a repo agency

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Imagine SA only $44 billion in debt lmao

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

In order to preserve the sanctity of the public square we must privatize it and put up a toll so that only paying customers can enter

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Fattest PI posted:

shoulda invested before everyone realized he was a moron and sold 5 second after they figured it out

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Frank Frank posted:

Imagine SA only $44 billion in debt lmao

Imagine $44 billion dollars on the edge of a cliff

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/jonkudelka/status/1589541456473391104?s=46&t=MeE0PKeM7_p3sHTEdNG5zg
Elon was absolutely an SA poster and very likely got run out of FYAD for being insanely unfunny almost immediately. This is someone who never recovered from being told to get out and just wanted to bbe a moderator. I have zero doubt anymore

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Always reassuring when the CEO of several multi-billion dollar companies (on paper) is making calls as to which individual users are banned/unbanned. I'm a little sad Lowtax isn't around to see this.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Tea Party Crasher posted:

In order to preserve the sanctity of the public square we must privatize it and put up a toll so that only paying customers can enter

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I don’t think so. I think even giving him that’s too much. He may even think he came up with the concept of a paywall

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

How is it that the only people in the entire world that seem to give a poo poo about Kathy Griffin are insecure white billionaires??

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

kazil posted:

How is it that the only people in the entire world that seem to give a poo poo about Kathy Griffin are insecure white billionaires??

The only times I've ever heard about her are when old men are malding over her.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

kazil posted:

If he was still married to Grimes his fans would say all the fake Elons means she can't tell which one is the real one and it's causing distress.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

It's 2022 and you can call the world's richest man a little whiny baby man to his face and without fail every time he gets legit mad and acts like a little whiny baby man and not only can anyone on the planet do it whenever they want, he keeps coming back for more.

The future ain't all bad.

He could have bought an entire beach in a tropical paradise, and spend the rest of his life sitting on it and swimming and eating fruit, and burning $4,000,000 per day to roast the fish he caught in the lagoon. Instead he spent that money on Twitter, and spends every day getting owned and being a little crybaby about it.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

kazil posted:

Buying a checkmark could cost Twitter money lol

Someone post the trolley meme with this.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Bezos seems so sane right now. He became a swole divorced dad. That's so fuckin NORMAL

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

That DICK! posted:

star trek picard also had a little angeleno who watched rick and morty who saved the world from global warming, and he probably watched the rick and morty with elon tusk, so that's 2x canonizations of musk in star trek. note though: they took this plot out in the fixed version available for streaming now, and i have to say, it fixed all my problems with the show. give it a watch and if you've watched it already, give it another try.

reported for encouraging self-harm :mad:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Elon's grandfather was also the earliest known practicer of chiropractic medicine in Canada. He was a massive dork who wanted to replace Canadian electoral politics with Techocracy, which is basically the concept of unelected scientists nerds running the government. Truly a trailblazing tech bro, it's practically musk family tradition

Incredible. So, being a dumb idiot runs in the family it seems.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I wonder what his notifications situation is like. He responds to randos all the time so I imagine he's reading an embarrassingly high percentage of comments for a famous person. And his replies are even more of a wasteland than the average comment section.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The Fattest PI posted:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/putoption.asp

I'm sure a lot of people have the same idea, so the premiums could be pricey, but that's the way to do it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lister posted:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/putoption.asp

I'm sure a lot of people have the same idea, so the premiums could be pricey, but that's the way to do it.

DO NOT DO THIS.

You can potentially lose unlimited amounts of money. Ask the hedge fund that went under shorting GameStop in 2021.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Trump is genuinely confident enough to have that translate in his posts. There's something about Elon that reads as insecure and desperate in his campaign to seem "with it." Trump is just out here taking shots at people, meanwhile Elon is posting relatable Facebook memes like when you put in the USB wrong haha!!! for an audience of grifter's all mewling for him to talk up their crypto currency

Trump is an accidental comedy genius on Twitter. The character limit elevated his craft whereas being able to vomit words on Truth Social made him unbearably boring. Like I don't have to think hard to come up with at least top 5 insane Trump tweets that make me lol. 9/11 haters and losers. I'll still drink that garbage. Many such cases. great brain, good genes. My button works!

You all know that hits.

Elon is just unbelievably unfunny and trying so so hard. Not even in the same realm. He's like Michael Scott without being a likable doofus.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

If we could set it up so David Thorpe got a cut, I would totally throw down on a blue Elon t-shirt with a big wraparound banner reading "THE MAN CAN'T POST." Kinda like some of those Achewood t-shirts Onstad did.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Thundercracker posted:

Elon is just unbelievably unfunny and trying so so hard. Not even in the same realm. He's like Michael Scott without being a likable doofus.

So David Brent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-fr47Seyw

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

istewart posted:

If we could set it up so David Thorpe got a cut, I would totally throw down on a blue Elon t-shirt with a big wraparound banner reading "THE MAN CAN'T POST." Kinda like some of those Achewood t-shirts Onstad did.

It's a great line, but wearing a shirt with elons mug on it is a deal breaker

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

in your face, Door dash

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Hey Jeff you know what you need to do.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's a pity that Mastodon's not gonna work out for reasons lots of people have said already; if there was an obvious successor that wasn't fundamentally flawed it'd be a go-er but there's just too many issues with Mastodon's structure for it to become the new twitter.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe the the solution is we don’t need to be online all the time and can just wait to hear things

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

euphronius posted:

Maybe the the solution is we don’t need to be online all the time and can just wait to hear things

pretty sure we've collectively rejected that idea

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fair enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

euphronius posted:

you're not missing much and know it, it's an adrenalized crap pump