Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only thing soulsbrains hate more than someone saying souls games aren’t the best thing ever is someone telling them they’re playing souls games wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kazzah posted:

who the fukc is standing outside my house yelling lock off?

JBP posted:

I will never lock off

lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Please dont put in the papers that I lock on

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Please dont put in the papers that I lock on

I cannot keep changing the thread title!!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

History Comes Inside! posted:

The only thing soulsbrains hate more than someone saying souls games aren’t the best thing ever is someone telling them they’re playing souls games wrong

Hi I'm the scrub who rang through all of dark souls with just a mace and all of bloodborne with the threaded cane

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The amount to which the Souls games, and how other people talk about them, live rent-free in HCI’s head is pretty funny.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

veni veni veni posted:

Literally no one is going to have your back on this one.

actually no, i agree with them, or not that i never lock on, but doing both is just actually better, you get better angles to just stand there and gently caress them up that you couldn't get if you were locked on. i used to do it a lot in ds2, but i have a few kos fights where i did this, i just checked and i don't do it as much in this one, but i'm sure theres one where i almost don''t lock on at all in the second half.

edit maybe not the best video to demonstrate that, but i hadn't played bloodborne in a while and that was the first thing i did, and i saved the video just because i wasn't expecting to beat him on my first attempt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxqi2-CQ8AE&t=181s

imhotep fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 8, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nobody was saying lock on to everything at all times, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I either lock on or don't lock on as the situation requires it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
JBP had it mostly right here:

JBP posted:

Lock on for small and wildly flail at butt for big

Except with some big enemies I will circle around with lock-on in order to get to said butt. Obviously not dragons or something that’s just lunacy

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
oh yeah, weird, i thought they were saying that using both is smarter and that everyone was like 'wtf are you talking about', but i see now

sekiro is fun without lock on too, and no HUD (i made this in march last year)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSZQyLydx60

imhotep fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 8, 2022

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Dark souls 2 has a stop and turn around animation when you are locked on that felt it was a discouragement to using it

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Dark souls 2 has a stop and turn around animation when you are locked on that felt it was a discouragement to using it

yeah, i didn't realize that i had stopped using it until i was chatting with friends who wanted to co op with me and they were just watching me play and i was screen sharing, and both of them were like 'why aren't you locking on'. but i think dark souls 2 is really the only one of the three dark souls games that does that, but dark souls 2 in general just has a lot of weird rear end movement problems, the way your character accelerates and even just basic stuff like trying to turn your character around in a tight spot is really janky.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Nov 8, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I either lock on or don't lock on as the situation requires it

Yeah I thought this is what everyone did until tonight.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

im locked on to this thread, i will step and i WILL rally

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Hi I'm the scrub who rang through all of dark souls with just a mace and all of bloodborne with the threaded cane

hell yeah mace all day

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol at this poo poo

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/07/your-playstation-stars-update-for-november-2022/

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There’s a stars thing to use remote play 4 times in a month that I randomly completed whilst not remote playing at all, which makes me wonder about how accurate the whole tracking thing is tbh.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's Ratchet's 20th birthday so Rift Apart is, not at all on sale

:confuoot:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Hey there. So I have a question about buying a PS5 from one country and having PSN from another country on it.

My old rear end first gen PS4 is about to give up the ghost and I think it's time to upgrade. I'm in China and I've no interest in getting a Chinese PS5 (apparently, you can only access Chinese PSN). If I buy a Japanese or Hong Kong PS5, would I be able to access my games on my American PSN account?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah the consoles outside of China are region free, you can put whatever PSN account from whatever region on there.

You can also have accounts from multiple regions, buy games in one region’s store and play them on any of the other region’s accounts as long as the console is the primary PS5 for all the accounts involved.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
God of War time in Australia!

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Raged posted:

:argh: drat Oceanics, always getting games early - the past 2 decades notwithstanding

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Raged posted:

:allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Should have got my copy somewhere else, Shopto went all mainstream and doesn't send out games like two days early anymore.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Should have got my copy somewhere else, Shopto went all mainstream and doesn't send out games like two days early anymore.

Nowhere seems to do this now and it sucks rear end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Base.com will either send out a week early or a week late so you gotta roll the dice

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Playstation SARS

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's Ratchet's 20th birthday so Rift Apart is, not at all on sale

:confuoot:

But what about the special anniversary armor DLC, you ungrateful gamer?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Jill: oh no its this fucker again
Nemesis: PLAYSTATION STARRRRSSSSSS

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

12 People: Give us more Playstation All-Stars.

Sony: Playstation, all stars? Got it.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I went to Gamestop.com and I was able to place a pre-order for the Ragnorok PS5 console bundle. Does this mean I'm pretty much good to go? Or is there a chance my order will get cancelled? I've just read about orders getting canceled and I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with pre-ordering from Gamestop.com for a delivery. Kinda iffed at not getting a physical copy of the game, but I'll live.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

History Comes Inside! posted:

At least the one thing that we can all agree on is that if you used multiplayer or NPC summons to beat the boss, it doesn't count as real dark souls and you're no better than a noob.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You should be fine and physical is dying so who cares

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yikes, a thread title.

I guess I miscommunicated a lot. I didn’t intend to mean it was an elite choice or that people who don’t use it are bad.

I thought it was a well known common opinion that locking on helps people with get their footing at the cost of reducing maneuverability (and in pre DS3 games it also limited dodging movement). But clearly I was wrong and had only talked to a limited player base until today (not a better player base!!! just limited. I’m not trying to be elitist.) I was surprised but not scoffing.

It really does free your options up to move away from lock on when not using a shield, but it doesn’t make me an elite gamer or whatever. Sorry for the training wheels analogy.

Again sorry for the wording, I can see how the first post colored the way my later responses were read, but didn’t intend it that way.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I wouldn't sweat it. You inadvertently upset a lot of puffed up Souls nerds, and that was amusing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s all good my dude! We all were definitely too tetchy earlier on as well. Weird vibes here. I’m sorry. Ragnarok is nine hours away for me!!!

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I just played through blood borne the first time and I didn’t know you could parry in it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahah so you just thought the gun was a vaguely useless thing they gave you for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Phenotype posted:

At least the one thing that we can all agree on is that if you used multiplayer or NPC summons to beat the boss, it doesn't count as real dark souls and you're no better than a noob.

As someone who summoned for every single fight they could I agree