Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

It may be Lline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
lol twitter's fuckin dead

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
jeffrey buy the twitter

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm going to buy Twitter for $18,500 as soon as I put the funds together.

First thing I'll do is get rid of that useless w. Titter.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Booty Pageant posted:

jeffrey buy the twitter

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm not gonna buy twitter but maybe I should sell "unverified" badges for users who want their posts to seem vaguely untrustworthy.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm not gonna buy twitter but maybe I should sell "unverified" badges for users who want their posts to seem vaguely untrustworthy.

i let my posts handle that for me

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

yes pls

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Give them to everyone and make people pay to get rid of it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Once again, thank you Australian-run SA Facebook page.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what if Elon musk bought fyad. is there any comedic gold to mine there

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Blue checkmark scheme is gonna fail since elon made it so uncool to have one

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

kalel posted:

what if Elon musk bought fyad. is there any comedic gold to mine there

we would repeat the lowtax gameplan

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Pontificating rear end posted:

Blue checkmark scheme is gonna fail since elon made it so uncool to have one

it has been extremely uncool to have one always

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I finally deactivated my twitter

slightly annoyed I mostly used it to keep up on musicians and podcaster types that I listen to but :shrug:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
i just made a pretty sick tweet if anyone wants to check it out

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

garfield hentai posted:

i just made a pretty sick tweet if anyone wants to check it out

i saw it, it was p good

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
(i did not see it)

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
So far Mastodon has been clunky and counterintuitive in all of the ways that the internet used to be in the early days and I'm all for it. Trying to integrate into the existing culture rather than turning it into the next place for generalized outrage and shittiness.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I have enjoyed how it only barely works and how I can't really interact with people I know who randomly selected another instance

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the new twitter is not mastodon. mastodon is a metal band

the new twitter is xvideos comments

baby ur beautriful please call me

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

(i did not see it)

honestly pretty impressed that you were able to make such an accurate assessment without having seen it

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

it has been extremely uncool to have one always

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I have enjoyed how it only barely works and how I can't really interact with people I know who randomly selected another instance

I like how if you mention someone's @ in a DM they are automatically added to the DM and can see the conversation

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

Pixel pusher and game maker.
I'm slowly moving out of using it, but it sucks since I have a gamedev account on there and have a decent following.

Anyway, I've been lurking SA every now and then, and I figured I'd just say eff it and make an account. I just finished my first week and I'm loving it here.
I'm not new to forums or anything, but it's been the better part of a decade since actively being a part of one.

bredfrown fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 8, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we’ve been posting good for you the past week, but the honeymoon is over and we’re gonna get back to our usual standard, in fact i’m taking off my office casual posting attire and getting back into sweatpants as we speak.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

we’ve been posting good for you the past week, but the honeymoon is over and we’re gonna get back to our usual standard, in fact i’m taking off my office casual posting attire and getting back into sweatpants as we speak.

Tbf I never stopped wearing the sweatpants.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Stop being positive. You bring the mood down.

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

Pixel pusher and game maker.
I'm mostly here for the coffee-related threads. :anime:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Revins posted:

I finally deactivated my twitter

slightly annoyed I mostly used it to keep up on musicians and podcaster types that I listen to but :shrug:

Thinking about finally deactivating mine, too. It just sucks because Twitter was great for following cool artists that didn't also have a Tumblr and being able to see when they updated their shops so I could buy more sweet, sweet enamel pins

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
this is like when G+ died

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

Wait, pants were part of the uniform?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Cohost should think about changing their name because it ain't easy to find them.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

All refugees must register by positing their own thread by midnight after registration, or reregistration, or face posting ostracization.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

NO IRONIC POSTING IN GBS unless the thread is clearly marked as parody

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

NO IRONIC POSTING IN GBS unless the thread is clearly marked as parody

You did not include a /s signifier, so we will take your suggestion seriously and implement it ASAP.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Happy Landfill posted:

Thinking about finally deactivating mine, too. It just sucks because Twitter was great for following cool artists that didn't also have a Tumblr and being able to see when they updated their shops so I could buy more sweet, sweet enamel pins

You can keep your twitter and absolutely literally nothing will change at all, I promise Elon won’t even notice. So feel free to use it to keep tabs on people since that’s what it’s there for

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

LadyAmbien posted:

I like how if you mention someone's @ in a DM they are automatically added to the DM and can see the conversation

lol wtf

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

A Strange Aeon posted:

this is like when G+ died

I'll never stop laughing that Google bought a platform similar to Twitter called Jaiku in 2007 (when Twitter wasn't big). Then immediately shut it down. Then shut down their very popular in South American/Middle East social network Orkut. Then finally shut down their third social network Google+.

Never change, Google. Much like Elon you can only fail upwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pontificating rear end posted:

You can keep your twitter and absolutely literally nothing will change at all, I promise Elon won’t even notice. So feel free to use it to keep tabs on people since that’s what it’s there for

I was banned for saying honky