Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Bring. Them. Closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Embrace the freshness of the new system and just link your Nintendo account and download any game you want to play. Your saves will pop up magically (unless you're playing Animal Crossing then you need to complete a special process to transfer your island).

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Target is running a buy 2 get 1 free deal and it includes Harvestella, Persona 5, and Mario Rabbids 2

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
None of those are good games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

American McGay posted:

Embrace the freshness of the new system and just link your Nintendo account and download any game you want to play. Your saves will pop up magically (unless you're playing Animal Crossing then you need to complete a special process to transfer your island).

pokemon also iirc

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

American McGay posted:

see i would love to download the saves via the internet but ALAS, nintendo eshop is currently down. They've pushed the end time on the server maintenance by two hours now, presumably just to spite me, specifically

also animal crossing is like, the one game where I have no intention of transferring over saves. Are you kidding me, I want a second island. I just want to also be able to travel over to my first island and dig up some blue roses.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

That actually might be the source of your system transfer problem too. If it needs to connect to Nintendo servers to for example change the system ID of your linked Switch console to the new console the maintenance would affect that, yeah.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I've successfully done this before when I had a similar issue

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

That actually might be the source of your system transfer problem too. If it needs to connect to Nintendo servers to for example change the system ID of your linked Switch console to the new console the maintenance would affect that, yeah.
weirdly i just tried the save backup via the cloud and that works fine, I just can't get the games themselves from the eshop. However, I still can't connect to the original console to pass update versions around, which is annoying because I have a couple games which I'd prefer to keep on early versions, like Brilliant Diamond.

You know, because easily abusable exploits are fun and all.

(Also Miis, which is less important but still annoying.)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

American McGay posted:

None of those are good games.

harvestella is, probably

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

:shepicide:

apparently the servers have been down all day

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Blurb3947 posted:

It's been in the dock for a few days and I left it plugged in all day today :(

Sometimes it wants you to hold the power button for quite a long time, like 20 - 30 seconds and then press it again. Might have to be out of the dock.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Sad Panda posted:

After finally wrapping up SteamWorld Dig 2, I played the original SteamWorld Dig and yesterday wrapped up SteamWorld Heist. I'm not usually a fan of turn based games but it was an enjoyable enough play. It was a rare game that I played handheld. It wasn't until almost the end that I realised you could just tap on enemies to aim at that instead of trying to do it manually. So many missed shots that could have been avoided.

One definite downside is that while there were lots of characters to pick from, levelling them up to be as good as your main 2-4 seemed way too much effort so I just ignored them and didn't get to experience their play style. The new game plus mode would alleviate that in a way, but I really don't feel the need to replay the game.

This series rules. Don't forget Steamworld Quest if you want more of that world.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

External Organs posted:

I demand a new steamworld game!

Good news, there are uhhh... 3 in development!

Sorry for the double post.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Those two threads in the picture are definitely silk. It’s as good as confirmed!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Scholtz posted:

Bring. Them. Closer.

Docking time!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Persona 5 is like one of my favorite games at the moment and I don't even like jrpgs

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah same and I feel personally attacked by the protagonist being a high school student with a healthy sleep schedule when he is also in a game that has made me stay up late to play video games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Persona 5 is like one of my favorite games at the moment and I don't even like jrpgs

I am enjoying it so far but if the game explains to me what a palace is one more time i will scream. I don't mind a dialogue heavy game and I know the translators must have had a hell of a job filling out empty space when translating to English but Christ there's a highly redundant amount of redundant dialogue.

And as far as I understand this is the good part.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I am enjoying it so far but if the game explains to me what a palace is one more time i will scream. I don't mind a dialogue heavy game and I know the translators must have had a hell of a job filling out empty space when translating to English but Christ there's a highly redundant amount of redundant dialogue.

You could cut half the dialogue, it's absurd how much it repeats itself.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh my god; they actually slapped a pop-in warning into Mario Party not to spin the thumbstick with your palm :allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the game got rewritten dozens of times and was still getting rewritten within a year or so of the game's eventual release, those random reminders are likely there for the writers as much as anything else. its pretty obvious when you look for it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh my god; they actually slapped a pop-in warning into Mario Party not to spin the thumbstick with your palm :allears:

Fuckin' cops think they know poo poo, they just want you to lose and there is no way I'm losing at tug of war you mfers

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The only winning move is not to play Mario Party 1.

Seriously, 2 is so much better.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Persona 5 is ok

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Persona 5 is a flawed game that I nonetheless enjoyed playing and would play again.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Seriously, 2 is so much better

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Seriously, 2 is so much better.

MP2 is absolutely far and away better. I'd forgotten how brutally mean-spirited a slap-fight it can be just to cross the board to get A Star in Mario Party 1. Nevermind no practice for minigames and they'll punish your wallet severely for losing in a lot of them. Some of them quite severely.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That dumb raft game hosed up my N64 controller back in the day :argh:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
practicing minigames in mario party makes a game take twice as long and is also for weaklings

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't want to see what Mario Party thumb/palm would do to a poor joycon stick

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

"We call this one 'The Driftinator'."

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

im really excited for pokemon yall. i hope it's good.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I caved and bought harvestella because I like pretty farming sims and it’s actually way better than the demo.

Without the weird 15 day time constraints it’s not stressful at all. They also lengthened the days so you can get a lot done (foraging, fighting, farming, finding secret chests, etc). The music is stellar.

Once you hit chapter 3 the world really opens up- you can go questing to the towns in whatever order, talk to people to build relationships (there’s a cool mechanism here where as you get to know townspeople they’re no longer “middle aged woman”).

The combat is fine. I do actually like the dungeon design with the shortcuts and it taking multiple days to clear. The boss battles are a little rough but I’m poo poo at action RPGs so ymmv. Also, because there’s no dodge you are forced to use consumables a lot, which makes sense- the game wants you to farm to table your hp sandos.

Not sure this is worth $60 quite yet? But I like semi plot and goal driven builders/farm sims (praying for a dragon quest builders 3) so I’m not mad I bought it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

antidote posted:

Good news, there are uhhh... 3 in development!

Sorry for the double post.

Yeah I would not at all be surprised if Steamworld Headhunter was given more detail tomorrow; it was originally announced a year ago. Here's hoping!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

taco show posted:

Once you hit chapter 3 the world really opens up- you can go questing to the towns in whatever order, talk to people to build relationships (there’s a cool mechanism here where as you get to know townspeople they’re no longer “middle aged woman”).

This is my biggest problem with the demo and this seems like a cool way to handle it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
farm games should have short days

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Waffle! posted:

:420: Cat all the way.

Went with grass in SwSh and it was alright. This time I'm tempted to go back to fire, the One True Starter, with SV's lil chompy :buddy:.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Commander Keene posted:

Persona 5 is a flawed game that I nonetheless enjoyed playing and would play again.

Play strikers it’s much better

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If you liked p5 enough to play it again I'd definitely play Royal but Strikers is win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Commander Keene posted:

Every jrp is a deeply flawed game in one way or another. No idea why I can't stop playing em