Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
And Q'onos WAS Kling, so if you've a date in Kling she'll be waiting on Q'onos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Why they changed it, I can't say.
(The Empire had more honor that way!)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

A quick Google gives me this Gamefront (a site I didn't even know was still around) link https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/u-s-s-voyager-j-janeway-class

drat, I thought Gamefront folded a decade ago too. That's impressive. And it actually looks like they've got some good mods that work well with BC's single player campaign now too. Good on the community for keeping the flame alive all these years. I loving LOVED Bridge Commander, even more so with mods.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Why does voy-j look like a giant zipper pull

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Still better than the Constitution (mk 53)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Why does voy-j look like a giant zipper pull

MikeJF posted:

Still better than the Constitution (mk 53)

On the one hand, I admire how insane they let the Discovery ship designers go with making the 32nd century ships, but basically all of them look like they were designed in two days and didn't go past a first draft.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They didn't go nuts enough with it, turns out they're just held there with magnets or whatever, if they were going to do far future with disconnected parts they should've been all 'oh being disconnected isn't a problem because the ships are structurally built out of exotic mathematical geometries, not matter. Pft.'

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The episode where they're doing the training exercise and Worf is in his cabin in the loving dark building a loving ship. Lol thats what Worf does with his free time.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

MikeJF posted:

They didn't go nuts enough with it, turns out they're just held there with magnets or whatever, if they were going to do far future with disconnected parts they should've been all 'oh being disconnected isn't a problem because the ships are structurally built out of exotic mathematical geometries, not matter. Pft.'

The nacelles pass through multiple other dimensions for improved structural strength, like how 3D structures are stronger than 2D ones

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

MikeJF posted:

What an unprofessional wanker.

To that person's credit making the ST:TMP was peak :shroom:Gene's VISION:shroom:, hopped on drugs but not yet going senile and leaving things to be ran by his scumbag lawyer. So it must have been kind of turn-off to like the TV-series and then see how rotten the core truly was.

For the next movie they kicked him upstairs to executive consultant position to contain his brand of crazy, and stop him from trying to do a movie about how Spock was the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 7, 2022

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hollismason posted:

The episode where they're doing the training exercise and Worf is in his cabin in the loving dark building a loving ship. Lol thats what Worf does with his free time.

Hey Sisko built his own ship as a hobby and he made it cool, on top of the :krad: battleship he designed

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
So it looks like for whatever reason, the Star Trek movies are all on HBO Max now -- although when I just checked, TMP was mysteriously missing. It's still in all the promotions though, so not sure what's going on. I'm not sharp-eyed enough to tell if they're the latest and greatest versions, but they look pretty good to me. Regular and director's cuts all seem to be included.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Der Kyhe posted:

stop him from trying to do a movie about how Spock was the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

I've long thought that there's actually a couple ways to do an interesting story around this, except it is impossible to make and definitely unfilmable 15 years after the assassination.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sir Lemming posted:

So it looks like for whatever reason, the Star Trek movies are all on HBO Max now -- although when I just checked, TMP was mysteriously missing. It's still in all the promotions though, so not sure what's going on. I'm not sharp-eyed enough to tell if they're the latest and greatest versions, but they look pretty good to me. Regular and director's cuts all seem to be included.
They seem to move those films around to different platforms a lot

I don’t know if it’s still the case, but at one point Amazon Prime had all of them

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Sash! posted:

I've long thought that there's actually a couple ways to do an interesting story around this, except it is impossible to make and definitely unfilmable 15 years after the assassination.

Red Dwarf already did the best version of it, no way modern Trek could top it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sash! posted:

For a more contemporary version, Spock could murder Jeffrey Epstein

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

For a more contemporary version, Spock could murder Jeffrey Epstein

"It is highly illogical that Epstein had killed himself"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
My God, Spock. Did you have to pinch his neck that hard?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ah, so that's what happened: Spock used the Vulcan death grip on Epstein.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Temporal investigator holding up a picture of Spock, Epstein and Prince Andrew: “Well, commander?”

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm reminded of that Doctor Who plot with future humans who used a time machine to go back in time and grab monstrous humans who died before seeing justice and taking them out of time just before they died to torture them a little bit just for punishment's sake.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
F, marry, kill.

Janeway, kes, seven of nine.

I say gently caress seven, kill Janeway and marry Kes.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

F, marry, kill.

Janeway, kes, seven of nine.

I say gently caress seven, kill Janeway and marry Kes.

You already did this bit 2 weeks ago and it was weird and creepy then too, can you stop

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Worf consoling a child after the death of their parent and the whole script is like "Lets make sure this kid grieves properly", meanwhile Worf is like we're gonna loving bond over this

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hollismason posted:

Worf consoling a child after the death of their parent and the whole script is like "Lets make sure this kid grieves properly", meanwhile Worf is like we're gonna loving bond over this
So did that kid get a Klingon passport or something?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hollismason posted:

It’s too bad they decided to make Worf a deadbeat dad with Alexander because Dorn is pretty great in those scenes helping the kid mourn.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

You already did this bit 2 weeks ago and it was weird and creepy then too, can you stop

Oh poo poo, yes I did.
I should search my posts or something.

Sorry goons.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

gently caress marry kill

Enterprise A D and E

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Actual Satan posted:

gently caress marry kill

Enterprise A D and E

gently caress A (she's the sexiest)
Marry D (she's the comfiest)
Kill E (she's for fightin' anyway)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah but look at the deflector dish on the D.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Date B, bit of a rocky start but had some fun. Made some questionable choices in body mods. No idea where she ended up

Divorce C after a couple years, the marriage went very badly, far worse than is generally known

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Kenan, his eyes wide his face judging

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
What a question. No bloody A, B, C, D, OR E.

(Kill E)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Captain Killy

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Enterprise C is the one you dated for some time just to be around Enterprise D. E got too much into "cool" looking tattoos and bodymods right out of high school, making her look in her early 40's like she was made from the leftover parts at the emergency room after a horrifying accident.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Computer end program

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Actual Satan posted:

gently caress marry kill

Enterprise A D and E

Marry E, gently caress the A, kill the D

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

External Organs posted:

Computer end program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csbSoyzOjm0

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

External Organs posted:

Computer end program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Wow, Guinan owes Leah Brahms an apology.